Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Silly to ask that bud, you know all of those were pressed to Fagan's standards or he would have had them burned!

I know you can look it up and check pressing from the master numbers somewhere..  Just glad I have it and not gonna sit here nd check ALL of these 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Hey again Dave, have I mentioned that I dig that turntable you've got?

One of our family's friends had one in their house long ago. It impressed even before I caught the component-bug.

My first attempt with the analog in my rebuild went sour. I scoured the www for ideas and found the one I've got but opted for a slightly less pricey one. Then lucked into the one I use now.

Apparently it was made with the Linn Sondek in mind: https://www.analogplanet.com/content/projects-new-classic-turntable-celebrates-twenty-five-year-anniversary#spmDqxmQWOxLBK3C.97

Thanks John.  I truly love it.  I actually picked it up from a tech I know in the early 80's.  It needed going over then so I was aware yet didn't know who could go thru it.  The closest Linn school trained dude is in of all places...  Ann Arbor, ichigan!  Maybe since I've known Jack Harbaugh my entire life and his son's Jim & Jack and their sister...    AND the fact that Bo's son Shemy is a friend will get me in and outta the place w/o spending too much $$$...  God I hope so.  I'm almost ashamed to take it in.

Your Pro-ject is a great table from what I understand.  They all work I guess!  Throw something on and GO!

• Like 1

Mine said it weighed 140 grams, didn't think about pulling the trigger and comparing it to 180s and 200s. And those heavyweights are great and do have other qualifiers besides heft.

This LP has one of the most quiet backgrounds I've ever not heard on an LP.

Quality Sound.

IMG-20181230-205123.jpg

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Full range how is your copy....?

38 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Silly to ask that bud, you know all of those were pressed to Fagan's standards or he would have had them burned!

Just getting to it now lads 

But I must admit this is the first time I have heard it on vinyl or on the HiFi system 

So my assessment is - You can describe this album as uptempo and happy, but can also be described as a video of a time for one’s ears 

Artist - Donald Fagen 

Title - The Nightfly 

61C7CCD0-2B6E-4AAB-9014-546633761AC5.jpeg

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Mine said it weighed 140 grams, didn't think about pulling the trigger and comparing it to 180s and 200s. And those heavyweights are great and do have other qualifiers besides heft.

This LP has one of the most quiet backgrounds I've ever not heard on an LP.

Quality Sound.

IMG-20181230-205123.jpg

Original where all 140.... And sound excellent !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Think maybe David Lee Roth derived his stage persona from that guy. They opened the first concert I ever went to, in the home of the WWF here in Charlotte. 

Kansas did their show for the Leftoverture record, Jim Dandy moved more than everyone else all night did on the stage!

• Thanks 1

Alright, I just went crazy over at discogs and landed a couple of M copies for not too much. Got four more that were NM- M minus grade. Think my type of rock is out of style now.

Sealed 1/2 speed records from thirty years ago? We'll see..... 

as for style...... clothes have to be comfortable & cotton - wool's ok in the winter... none will make me irresistible like I was from 80 - 99, music has to have musical content to it, the edge could be this way or that.

Peer pressure lost it's power over me in the tenth grade!  good riddance

• Like 1
  • Haha 2