Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Dude!.

They were here, we had a heavy microdot contingent in this berg years ago!

Ritchie or Ronnie too. Not to mention that Ozzy was a stone (d)? Rock God when they played the old coliseum in the 70s. He did sweet leaf and dedicated it to ( we firmly believed) the blond lebenese we were smoking next to the stage once.... well 9 out of 10 there that night were getting high it was `78. They did not require stage smoke for the lights. He stopped mid sentence, the band stopped then they started "Sweet Leaf"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Full Range said:

I had long hair in those years just like the Status Quo lads 

Before you ask - No I’m not bald now - still have full head of hair but short 

So that was you at the bottom of the stairs in a dramatized pic B) a few months ago?

8 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

the music in the 80's sucked !

Nay nay nay!

Not my red, yellow and blue King Crimson I say!!

That was the gay 80s "talk to the hand" loquacious crap I was talkin" about!

714s man 714s

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

So that was you at the bottom of the stairs in a dramatized pic B) a few months ago?

Nay nay nay!

Not my red, yellow and blue King Crimson I say!!

That was the gay 80s "talk to the hand" loquacious crap I was talkin" about!

714s man 714s

there where few exceptions

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@dirtmudd Agreed on that 80's garbage! 

Just sat down wondering the thoughts you guys had on the Floyd LP's.  So I guess the 3 of you get them and I don't.  Sounds fair!  I just thought it totally insane that one LP would bring that kind of money.  Clueless as to what the other two on Tower label are worth.  I just re-checked the Columbia and it's EMI and UK.  I'm actually wondering what it sounds like now.  lol  Nope, not gonna look but for some reason they're the way they are from LONG ago.  That's the crazy nutso thing w/my LP's.  I know what I have but the rest of it's like Xmas at times.

Spent a couple hours driving today to pick up a Technics system I purchased at auction...  $17.25 and paired it all w/a pair of Technics speakers I picked up this fall at the same dude's online auction for $16.50.  Going out in the garage mainly cause it wouldn't be right to subject anything good to the crazy yearly temp swings in Ohio.  Sell it?  Sure for about $500...  😂 😂 😎   Thought about where and how I got those Floyd LP's the entire time.   Musta been that purple microdot I got from you @JohnJ

technics.jpg

technics1.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Just sat down wondering the thoughts you guys had on the Floyd LP's.  So I guess the 3 of you get them and I don't.  Sounds fair!  I just thought it totally insane that one LP would bring that kind of money.  Clueless as to what the other two on Tower label are worth.  I just re-checked the Columbia and it's EMI and UK.  I'm actually wondering what it sounds like now.  lol  Nope, not gonna look but for some reason they're the way they are from LONG ago.  That's the crazy nutso thing w/my LP's.  I know what I have but the rest of it's like Xmas at times.

Spent a couple hours driving today to pick up a Technics system I purchased at auction...  $17.25 and paired it all w/a pair of Technics speakers I picked up this fall at the same dude's online auction for $16.50.  Going out in the garage mainly cause it wouldn't be right to subject anything good to the crazy yearly temp swings in Ohio.  Sell it?  Sure for about $500...  😂 😂 😎   Thought about where and how I got those Floyd LP's the entire time.   Musta been that purple microdot I got from you @JohnJ

technics.jpg

technics1.jpg

not bad for a garage system..

it depends on what the dead wax ..

tells you... and what pressing...

because someone puts a high price on it.. does not make it special...

and condition is everything !

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Thought about where and how I got those Floyd LP's the entire time.   Musta been that purple microdot I got from you @JohnJ

Yes I have to agree with Mike in general about that, even Aerosmith and Rush put out some highly "produced" stuff.

Or as they say new creative directions. Nope the 70s ROCKED!

NO dot from me that was only once, my birthday in `79. and I'm ot already.

Must have followed you home from the radio station:biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Full Range said:

Mike I need to give you photography lessons 

To much shine from the plastic cover and spoils an otherwise glorious image of a brilliant record 🤟

I'm using a tablet....and the lighting sucks...

I could use my hid 1000 watt light 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

I'm using a tablet....and the lighting sucks...

I could use my hid 1000 watt light 

Just try taking the plastic off first and use NO flash -

The room light is all I use on the tablet photos I post here 

Clean the lense before you take a photo 

• Like 1

Sorry lads, connection here is still marginal but, like to look in. Takes a while for pics to load, etc...

Status Quo, can Only imagine the Ma Kelly's Greasy Spoon. An don't think I try to look here.All

you are terrific and see base is growing. Happy New Year and loving what I see. Dave, dreamt of

Roger McQuinn waling down the street and let him use my bathroom at work with 2 doors:rolleyes: ...8 miles high

Salute to you all...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry lads, connection here is still marginal but, like to look in. Takes a while for pics to load, etc...

Status Quo, can Only imagine the Ma Kelly's Greasy Spoon. An don't think I try to look here.All

you are terrific and see base is growing. Happy New Year and loving what I see. Dave, dreamt of

Roger McQuinn walking down the street and let him use my bathroom at work with 2 doors:rolleyes: ...8 miles high

Salute to you all...The Doors Crystal Ship

• Like 1