Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Just now, Yuper said:

Analogue is in. Like the thread. Have sbout 20 ft of vinyl - my kid always want to bring his pals over. They like the older stuff

Glad you have joined us - like you I have never considered ever selling my record collection or my Garrard 401 

Charge the young ones  an entry fee 🤟

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Welcome @Yuper!  Yes, this thread IS a bit warped.  Vinyl???  Nah, never any vinyl in here!  Feel free to join in with us.  It seems as though you're fairly new, so look for this room in the "Lounge" section.  Right This Minute is another thread we also frequent.  We're just hiding here outta the limelight!  hahahaha  Great guys in both places!  Feel free to stop in!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Yuper said:

Analogue is in. Like the thread. Have sbout 20 ft of vinyl - my kid always want to bring his pals over. They like the older stuff

Welcome to the forum and here, always wanting to hear a stack...especially what younger people like. There is hope for us spinner's after all.

• Like 1

@Yuper 

Now the introductions are done I’m keen to see what’s in your record collection 

I started this thread to see what records other like minded people have and to catalogue the collection on Discogs 

Maybe something for you to follow 

So start spinning and post what you are listening to 

Another Saturday evening Jazz is under way in Brisbane 

Influenced by Miles Davis and Gil Evans - The Artist is adding his personal twist 

Tonight is Herbie Hancock with a classic and beautiful album 

So I’m having a lovely coffee and having an enjoyable time 

Artist - Herbie Hancock 

Title - Speak Like A Child 

A 1968 Pressing on Blue Note Records

ID - BST 64279 

B9AE3233-26AE-4EB2-ACE8-FED794342DDC.jpeg

• Like 3

Hey Mike;

"Do you like to assail your senses with those big LaScalas to torture yourself with music that you don't like?" 

Calm

Peaceful 

Thoughts

Hope you get better!  🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

"Do you like to assail your senses with those big LaScalas to torture yourself with music that you don't like?"

It's not that zep is bad...

It's the sound quality... That sucks

Which interns i can get the F..into it

So I give it a try... Can't blame a brother for trying..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It is hard for me to fathom that too, I will agree my copy of four isn't perfection. But my Houses of the Holy, Presence, and the antithetical brown bagged LP sound pretty good, So did Physical Graffiti.

But from the same era Eric Clapton's 461 Ocean Blvd. an original pressing I have makes an unbelievable soundstage with excellence in every aspect of the sound in this 12 X 12 room with the full sized slab of latex between the Forte IIIs, wool on the floor, and a dresser in the way !!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Abraxas is one of the LPs I consider to be in the "Timeless" genre!

Anybody know where I could get an old Yamaha C-300 Pro cassette deck fixed? I have searched and called several places here in the USA. 

W&F attack sound quality is still there, just the whacky reverb from the w&f. My copy of this is on a cassette.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1