Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Abraxas is one of the LPs I consider to be in the "Timeless" genre!

Anybody know where I could get an old Yamaha C-300 Pro cassette deck fixed? I have searched and called several places here in the USA. 

W&F attack sound quality is still there, just the whacky reverb from the w&f. My copy of this is on a cassette.

Abraxas is a great record, but instead of fixing your tape deck, it might be simpler and much less expensive to look for an LP or CD, new or used.  That's a pretty popular recording, so there should be quite a few used copies available.  I've seen new "Santana" LPs, the one with the drawing of the lion and the hidden women, so there should also be new Abraxas LPs available.  With new CDs, there's the loudness war issue, so it's hard to know which would sound better, an old CD with so-so recording, or a re-mastered "turned up to 11" CD.

Anyway, the hunt can be half the fun.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Islander said:

Abraxas is a great record, but instead of fixing your tape deck, it might be simpler and much less expensive to look for an LP or CD, new or used.  That's a pretty popular recording, so there should be quite a few used copies available.  I've seen new "Santana" LPs, the one with the drawing of the lion and the hidden women, so there should also be new Abraxas LPs available.  With new CDs, there's the loudness war issue, so it's hard to know which would sound better, an old CD with so-so recording, or a re-mastered "turned up to 11" CD.

Anyway, the hunt can be half the fun.

Hey it's about 150 or more that I don't have access to that I'm jonesin' for besides that one! This deck is a helluva performer too - balanced in & outs!

LPs just aren't $4.99 to $9.99 anymore (arrrgh! smiley here).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Abraxas is one of the LPs I consider to be in the "Timeless" genre!

Anybody know where I could get an old Yamaha C-300 Pro cassette deck fixed? I have searched and called several places here in the USA. 

W&F attack sound quality is still there, just the whacky reverb from the w&f. My copy of this is on a cassette.

http://www.tapeheads.net/forums.php

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/16/2019 at 2:03 PM, JohnJ said:

Hey Mike;

"Do you like to assail your senses with those big LaScalas to torture yourself with music that you don't like?" 

Calm

Peaceful 

Thoughts

Hope you get better!  🤣

• Like 4

You always know where to lead one of us with a technical question Mike, I had looked there but didn't sign up a while back.

Must have seen my Thurs night back-in-the-day jam I put up!

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/180033-the-other-discs/&do=findComment&comment=2367009

Huh? it used to put a little box in here when you linked to a post somewhere else!

• Thanks 1

Feeling like some Seger tonight, I can remember back when if you had the radio on for a half an hour you would hear at least one of his tunes. Never thought of it as pop-music, more easy rolling rock-n-roll maybe. Found another survivor in the cabinet!

IMG-20190318-205051.jpg

• Like 3

Something different from me, although heavy metal is not new to me 

A double album first released in 1991, but my LP is a 2014 reissue 

It is the first time I have heard this album 

The softer tracks like Nothing Else Matters are very well done and in a similar vein to Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin 

I read that it was not received well when it was first released by the fans because it was to commercial 

However as it the first time for me I find the album a finely tuned piece of work 

And I believe that this release is the beans selling album 

Artist - Metallica 

Title - Metallica 

AB5905F2-4B5C-4385-831E-D8060B6C3CAB.jpeg

A7BA3031-5955-45CC-B3EA-F379D81E0CA1.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Liked "Master of" & "Kill `em All" but didn't hang with the crowd that just had to go see them every time they came here.

That LP is polished as far as their music goes but never sunk to where "Pryomania" went for DefLeppard !!!

The second record there...  it wore out first!

• Thanks 1

Next up 

Recorded between the making of Are You Experienced and Axis Bold as Love

This album is very funky psychedelic rock, that is very free flowing 

This album with Jimi Hendrix is with Curtis Knight

Quote from something I read - 

When Hendrix signed up with Chas Chandler in the UK, Hendrix seemed to forget that he was already signed to Ed Chaplin in the US. After coming to the US to play at Monterey and subsequently tour with the Monkees, he hooked up with and agreed a jam session with Curtis Knight with whom he had been working with prior to the Experience. The session was supervised by Ed Chaplin.

Hendrix agreed to these recordings as he felt some obligation to Knight and Chaplin, but he didn't want his name used on them and this is pretty much ephemeral psychedelia.

Artist - Jimi Hendrix with Curtis Knight 

Title - The Wild One 

A78EB849-1107-42AA-B2F8-05586BB0EAB9.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1