Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

6 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Seem to have a lot of A&M records myself, they had some good groups under contract.

In the late 1960s, through direct signing and licensing agreements, A&M added several British artists to its roster, including Cat Stevens, Joe Cocker, Procol Harum, Humble Pie, Fairport Convention, Free, the Move, Strawbs and Spooky Tooth. In the 1970s, under its manufacturing and distribution agreement with Ode Records, A&M released albums by Carole Kingand the comedy duo Cheech & Chong. Other notable acts of the time included Nazareth, Y&T, the Tubes, Styx, Supertramp, Joan Armatrading, Bell and James, Chris de Burgh (who went on to greater mainstream success in the 1980s), Rick Wakeman, the Ozark Mountain Daredevils, Chuck Mangione, Squeeze, and Peter Frampton. On March 10, 1977, A&M signed the Sex Pistols after the band had been dropped by EMI. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The second to the last is what I was thinking of, I cant put it under that precious MC.

Picked up that great live LP with lawn cutting money from the south-b K-Mart on my ten speed!

It's one of those weird ones with side one and four on one LP and 2 and 3 on the other!!

IMG-20190407-194651.jpg

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

The second to the last is what I was thinking of, I cant put it under that precious MC.

Picked up that great live LP with lawn cutting money from the south-b K-Mart on my ten speed!

It's one of those weird ones with side one and four on one LP and 2 and 3 on the other!!

IMG-20190407-194651.jpg

The album was recorded in summer and fall 1975, primarily at Winterland in San Francisco and the Long Island Arena in Commack, New York, as well as a concert on the SUNY Plattsburghcampus in Plattsburgh, New York

• Like 3

Always considered it soft-rock (I was Aero-Ted-Zep-ZZ - fied in those days) but agree with how it was the best selling live album forever back then...or is it still?

It's just GOOD MUSIC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Always considered it soft-rock (I was Aero-Ted-Zep-ZZ - fied in those days) but agree with how it was the best selling live album forever back then...or is it still?

It's just GOOD MUSIC.

Pete is retiring catch em if you can..

Another underrated guitarist ..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

It was for turntables with stacking spindles.  C'mon, man!

I agree but never owned one 

Our next door neighbor had one of the big Chrysler systems that had a stacker TT

But this is the reason 

On the spindle thing. Side 1 plays, when it's done side 2 plays. When it's done, flip entire stack of records over and repeat

In this case for a double album you flip over for side 3 & 4 

• Like 2