Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Good evening good morning friends here on Vinyl Record!    Well, last Thursday, I was very happy to be invited to attend a concert of Hammond organ trio with Joey DeFrancesco !!  Here are the tickets (venue is only about a five minute walk from where I work!)   We showed up in the waiting line at the door only 4 persons back, so we were able to get our usual table for 4 and enjoy a fine dinner before the show.....DSCN2521.jpg

• Like 5

..after the concert, I was able to hang out a bit with Joey and chat a bit...   He had announced that his brand new album release was on both CD and now Vinyl....   Needless to say, I did not mind a bit dropping $40 for this beautifully packaged double album set AND get his signature at the same time :DDSCN2515.jpg

• Like 4

......and conclude my evening, the tubes are cooling down now, and the Marantz AVR   -  Rega  -  Reference Premiers are up for Side C and D....   Good night everyone.  Until the next vinyl spin here in Longfellow Music Hall.....  -_-DSCN2524.jpg

• Like 4

Moving past Syd with their 3rd LP a movie soundtrack "More" from 1969.  Was putting "Dark Side" away and spied this w/my lil eye.  Prolly 69 since it's been played.  lol  Spread these LS and my oh my, what a difference!  :)

pink floyd - more.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Full Range said:

Spinning today 

This record is a gift from Mike 

Artist - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers 

Title - Hard Promises 

52003638-8C26-4605-9EFA-9516506F4088.jpeg

John Lennon tribute

220px-We_love_you_J.L..jpg
Album etch tribute to John Lennon

During the recording of the album, John Lennon was scheduled to be in the same studio at the same time. Petty was looking forward to meeting him when he came in. The meeting never occurred, as Lennon was murdered before the date of his planned visit the studio. Petty and the band paid tribute to the slain former Beatle by etching "WE LOVE YOU J.L." in the runout deadwax on early U.S. and Canadian pressings of Hard Promises.[

• Like 4