Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

John Lennon tribute

220px-We_love_you_J.L..jpg
Album etch tribute to John Lennon

During the recording of the album, John Lennon was scheduled to be in the same studio at the same time. Petty was looking forward to meeting him when he came in. The meeting never occurred, as Lennon was murdered before the date of his planned visit the studio. Petty and the band paid tribute to the slain former Beatle by etching "WE LOVE YOU J.L." in the runout deadwax on early U.S. and Canadian pressings of Hard Promises.[

Imagine that ...

• Like 4

On a quest for a specific Plant LP and it must be "somewhere" so had to settle for these.  ALSO...  Currently on sale! 

Robert Plant Tour Dates

September 13 – Fredericton, NB @ Harvest Jazz & Blues Festival
September 17 – Philadelphia, PA @ The Mann Center (with Nathaniel Ratliff and the Night Sweats)
September 20 – Indianapolis, IN @ Outlaw Music Festival 
September 25 – Moorhead, MN @ Bluestem Center For The Arts Amphitheatre
September 27 – Missoula, MT @ KettleHouse Amphitheater
September 29 – Spokane, WA @ First Interstate Center For The Arts
October 1 – Salt Lake City, UT @ Eccles Theater
October 3 – Bend, OR @ Les Schwab Amphitheater

Robert Plant - Principles.jpg

Robert Plant - Pictures.jpg

• Like 4

I am currently spinning some good old fashioned Folk Rock ( again sent to me by Mike ) 

This album conveys a feeling from a small town boy in middle America and the never give in attitude 

Artist - John Cougar Mellencamp 

Title - Scarecrow 

DEBC76ED-D10F-4785-A275-7527E371966F.jpeg

• Like 5

That's a good reprint you've got there, I've enjoyed mine a lot...had forgotten what that title was like without surface noise.

Speaking of having forgotten how incredible an LP was.....

IMG-20190515-202659.jpg

Did not realize I was getting into progressive rock when I picked up my original copy of this. This version is amazing sounding!!

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

That's a good reprint you've got there, I've enjoyed mine a lot...had forgotten what that title was like without surface noise.

IMG-20190515-202659.jpg

Did not realize I was getting into progressive rock when I picked up my original copy of this. This version is amazing sounding!!

This is Don Kirshner
And tonight on Don Kirshner's Rock Concert
A new phenomenon in the music world
With six million albums to his credit in just two short years
My good friend, here's Johnny

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

IMG-20190515-202659.jpg

22 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

IMG_20190515_210533_hdr.jpg

monolith is prog/metal

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Imma here.  TV night!  Peeked in and it was all quiet soooo just hangin out.  Like that LP John? A chip off the old block in many ways.  :)  Gonna crash soon.  Long day cleaning the house.  Ugh!

As far as the TrashRock (Classic Rock) of the early 1980's Kansas was not completely horrible like Foreigner or Journey! The decrepit Rock Musical direction of the late 1970's NECESSITATED Punk Rock! I KNOW! I was THERE!! I was 18 in 1978, just graduated high school!

The Damned's "New Rose" was actually released BEFORE "God Save The Queen" by the Sex Pistols!

John Kuthe...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JohnKuthe said:

As far as the TrashRock (Classic Rock) of the early 1980's Kansas was not completely horrible like Foreigner or Journey! The decrepit Rock Musical direction of the late 1970's NECESSITATED Punk Rock! I KNOW! I was THERE!! I was 18 in 1978, just graduated high school!

The Damned's "New Rose" was actually released BEFORE "God Save The Queen" by the Sex Pistols!

John Kuthe...

Amen! Foreigner and Journey are two of the worst bands ever! I’m damned if I understand how the kids today will still listen to Journey. No accounting for tastes I suppose. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4