Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Supertramp on the beach in the summer of 75 recording throughout and in between two tours releasing this in the fall of 75.  Many said it stunk but i think it's a great album.  In 2015 Hodgson said he thought it was their best work.  A bit different but it's definately got Supertramp all over it!  Ni ni sports fans!

Supertramp-Crisis.jpg

• Like 3

Tonight’s album is a unique Jazz Bop - First released in 1962 

The music seamless blends in  perfect unity and flows in harmony and loaded with passion for the music 

Artist - Dexter Gordon 

Title - Go 

On Blue Note Records 

Also another album for @Tigerman to consider a spin 

68051F81-46A9-4CFB-AECB-2292AF38F708.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Appreciate all the titles you put up here that I know nothing about @Full Range. When I've got another chunk of time to veg out I'll look the last few up!

Haven't found a jazz channel on the streamer I could listen to for a long time yet, the R&R channels are easy for me to find.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Full Range said:

Tonight’s album is a unique Jazz Bop - First released in 1962 

The music seamless blends in  perfect unity and flows in harmony and loaded with passion for the music 

Artist - Dexter Gordon 

Title - Go 

On Blue Note Records 

Also another album for @Tigerman to consider a spin 

68051F81-46A9-4CFB-AECB-2292AF38F708.jpeg

Good evening Paul and friends...........(morning here in the States and breakfast going).   Thanks for this suggestion.   JUST got a new album in the mail yesterday, but I am waiting for one other RTM member (Mossy) to get his copy.   We were watching David play the Buddy DeFranco / Oscar Peterson album last weekend, and he sent us links to order our copies, and we did.   So, NEXT weekend, I will be unveiling that here and over in RTM...    

I will return this evening with a vinyl spin I am sure, from that large and FREE LP/CD/Cassette clean out at a friend's late father's apartment.   I am very lucky he called me first to pick through a very fine classical collection of music..    Guess it will be morning for you Paul when I check in later tonight :emotion-29:...    Have a good evening.

• Like 2

Just found some cool offbeat stuff "Dead & Company" Bob, Mickey, Bill with John Mayer and that kid adds a dimension that they never had before.

In that vein can't just go to a different genre now. This old record I found a while back was made off of a very good recording. Same era, still listening to some good picking like most of the week here:

IMG-20190525-205507.jpg

IMG-20190526-111818.jpg

My abstract photo attempts usually cover the title...

Originally recorded in `66, they wanted to do some live tracks but threw out the sub-par recording and used these.

Good Choice!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good evening Dave and GOOD lunch time to you Paul 🍷....   Well, just finished listening to an encore concert from the BSO performing the Mahler 2nd symphony.  Today, was a LIVE concert from my paid subscription of the Berlin Philharmonic performing a Bruckner symphony!   So, keeping with the BSO, I went back to the late Mr. Amerman LP collection.   I didn't have to dig too far and found this recording from 1968 on RCA with the BSO !

Here is the cover artwork....DSCN2726.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

...............rear cover with full write up.....   Also, the official logo for the BSO...  We see this often on their road cases when they are at their summer home Tanglewood where we work for them taking watch over the pipe organ in the outdoor concert hall....DSCN2727.jpg

DSCN2728.jpg

• Like 3

Side 2 now spinning............and the center label seems to match the Rega nicely ^_^...   This will be it for me my friends.......more tomorrow evening.  Good night and good day to you all.....DSCN2731.jpg

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Good evening Dave and GOOD lunch time to you Paul 🍷....   Well, just finished listening to an encore concert from the BSO performing the Mahler 2nd symphony.  Today, was a LIVE concert from my paid subscription of the Berlin Philharmonic performing a Bruckner symphony!   So, keeping with the BSO, I went back to the late Mr. Amerman LP collection.   I didn't have to dig too far and found this recording from 1968 on RCA with the BSO !

As I’m going through my collection slowly posting as I spin I will eventually get to my classical titles even though it’s a small amount of records 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 5/19/2019 at 9:08 PM, dirtmudd said:

I bought Concerto in Grosso per Uno By the New Trolls while I was in Italy 1973-1976...great album....Mi ragazza, Pita (Patrizia)  turned me on to them!  I probably have it "in toto" on reel, since I recorded all of my albums prior to departing Italy in 1976! 

• Like 5