Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Hello and good evening / good morning (to Paul).

As I mentioned last night, I would be back this evening.   Ok Paul, looking forward to your classical collection.  I pulled ANOTHER Bruckner symphony from the 'Amerman Memorial' record collection given to me by his son...

Here is the front cover and note that it is on the TELEFUNKEN label !  Noted for their microphones and vacuum TUBES :D  VINO and dark chocolate TRUFFLES this evening 🍷DSCN2751.jpg

• Like 4

This is sounding pretty nice considering a 1966 recording.   Here is the rear cover with a nice explanation of the recording and composition.  Sorry to say, it is all in German, so i can't read a thing....   :(DSCN2752.jpg

• Like 2

Here is the inner sleeve with a plastic liner, just like last night's RCA LP....DSCN2753.jpg

The LP is in brand new condition, which is pretty much how ALL the recordings in his collection are turning out to be !DSCN2754.jpg

• Like 2

Here is a close-up of the label, date can be clearly seen....  Next photo will be the flip side on the vintage Dual 506.  Yes, listening to this recording with Tubes and Horns this evening :)...DSCN2755.jpg

• Like 3

Well probably better than watching the clock run down with a text box score for the last hour on what could be the last game prior to the Calder Cup Championship round for the hometown team. Now with 6:00 left in OT, at least I had some Yes to listen to until I had to shut it down.

*fourth int, and that text box score isn't play by play, 2OT coming up.

We won! Going to the AHL Championship!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gotta be hockey since I never heard of it.  Well kinda maybe.  So bored today I actually went to Wendy's and ate a single w/cheese.  Now that's SOMETHING for me to do!  GIGO all the way at that place.  Rainy morning here so who knows what tomorrow will bring.  Think I'll cook allll day tomorrow!  Ha!  Calder Cup...  lolol  

Time for a lil Buddy Miles and "Them Changes."

Buddy Miles - Them Changes.jpg

• Like 4

Buddy Miles was great playing w/Jimi,  VERY laid back, funny and could flat a$$ cook when he wanted to.  Some great renditions on this LP.  I highly recommend it.  This one is #2 since #1 has been pretty much polished over the years.

Now I'm clueless...   Think it's about time for ni ni ...  Nice way to head out the door!  Play nice!  :)

Ella Fitzgerald - sings Gershwin.jpg

• Like 4

Evenin everyone.  Update:  Lawn still needs mowed if anyone's interested.  Ha!  Consumed and wandering aimlessly  😂  Watching the first game of the Stanley Cup Finals w/no sound.  I was channel surfin and there it was.  Think I know where John and oldtimer are.  lol   Just remembered that Brain Salad Surgery tour in 1974 was done in "Quad."   They had it running in Cleveland Stadium.  As I recall, I was lifted and transported outta there landing somewhere between Kansas City and Tupelo, MS after the encores!  😎

DuaneAllman-Best of.jpg

BB King - LA Midnight.jpg

ELP - Brain Salad Surgery.jpg

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Evenin everyone.  Update:  Lawn still needs mowed if anyone's interested.  Ha!  Consumed and wandering aimlessly  😂  Watching the first game of the Stanley Cup Finals w/no sound.  I was channel surfin and there it was.  Think I know where John and oldtimer are.  lol   Just remembered that Brain Salad Surgery tour in 1974 was done in "Quad."   They had it running in Cleveland Stadium.  As I recall, I was lifted and transported outta there landing somewhere between Kansas City and Tupelo, MS after the encores!  😎

Here Here!  Lotta talk about that today... well twice that I saw. Hope you didn't wake to ugly or could sweet-talk your way to a ride home🤣 Fantastic play list the last couple of days. Been having blt's a lot too but not like that one until the next time I make one. Geeze 96 + every day for the last week... thing is I'm grateful because it hasn't rained.

@dirtmudd you know that's like a bat signal for me!! Play Aerosmith then insult (the sound quality of the LP you do allude to) the most recognized R&R band ever! 

It's copacetic

MTBs sweet sounding self titled from `73

Tull-ish with a southern... somebody plays the flute.

IMG-20190528-190513.jpg

• Like 5