Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Should never have been talked into helping the kids yesterday. ..no future in hard labor... Dave

Just listening to McCartney album.

First when new. You know the one.

Rumored back then to have Paul playing all instruments...  Nice to hear from you Mat... Join us when you can... with Matthews LaScala...

Cool ness

• Like 5

I’m back - sorry for going AWAL 

This next record needs to be added to a best Sunday afternoon record spinning session 

Its toe tapping Jazz and addictive - these cats are jamming like there is no tomorrow 

First released in October 1964 

Have a listen to the first stanza of the track beat in the video below and answer back on what popular song it was used in 

Artist - Horace Silver Quintet 

Title - Song For My Father (Cantiga Para Meu Pai) 

On Blue Note Records - 2008 Reissue 

Heads up to @Mossy bottom

68B125DD-6BEA-4597-AA25-AA6245C43A0A.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Full Range said:

I’m back - sorry for going AWAL 

This next record needs to be added to a best Sunday afternoon record spinning session 

Its toe tapping Jazz and addictive - these cats are jamming like there is no tomorrow 

First released in October 1964 

Have a listen to the first stanza of the track beat in the video below and answer back on what popular song it was used in 

Artist - Horace Silver Quintet 

Title - Song For My Father (Cantiga Para Meu Pai) 

On Blue Note Records - 2008 Reissue 

Heads up to @Mossy bottom

68B125DD-6BEA-4597-AA25-AA6245C43A0A.jpeg

Nice photo!!!

Cheers

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Mossy bottom said:

Full Range, this one should be right in your swim lane...

From the Blue Note Label...

Herbie Hancock - Empyrean Isles.

Freddie Hubbard, Ron Carter, and Anthony Williams.

Oooo looks like I need to search that one out 

Re - Herbie Hancock, I have  - Head Hunters and Speak Like A Child 

• Like 3

Wow what a way to finish a relaxing Jazz Sunday 

Spinning an album from 1957 - Yes well before the golden period of the mid 60s 

This particular artist combination with Philly Jones, Red Garland and Paul Chambers is something magic 

Just blown away with the alto saxophone and piano combination 

Artist - Art Pepper 

Title - Art Pepper meets The Rhythm Section 

My release is a 2009 Reissue 180 gr 

@Mossy bottom  - https://www.discogs.com/Art-Pepper-Meets-The-Rhythm-Section/release/2384101

649A633C-B3DF-4EF8-8DF1-CEBB78ADA7FC.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Thats one of my favourite albums Mike 

Fragile , trick or the tail , wish you were here , and the legendary in the court of the crimson king...

Was my right to passage ... Thanks to my neighbor.... And I was also aware of d.s.o.t.m ... Or listening to it at time... Back in 76-77... When kids my age where into kiss....

I'm always blow away by 

And also zep was ok... Until I listened to BLACK SABBATH !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ha!  Have ALWAYS loved Yes.  My ex was like 7 months preggo and I literally dragged her into Richfield for this show in 95.  Seats in the eighth row but got seated in the 3rd row somehow and she was totally flipping out.  Every time they came around I was pointing at her belly and Chris Squire caught it so he started pokin fun at her w/her belly covered or anything she could find.  EVERY time they came around he was watching her and grinning.  She covered her belly with her arms and just cringed.  I do recall hearing, "IF our baby is born deaf I'm going to kill you!"  Hahahaha  I told her she would be born a rocker!  By the time they went around a few times Squire had put the word out and the entire band was watching her everytime they came around.  Seen them quite a few times but that tour always makes me smirk!  Could only find one ticket who knows where her's went.  Sifting thru a stack of stubs I also came across one from a Petty show.  Ummm, dunno.  He could have signed it but can't remember.  Gonna have to research it a bit more. Gettng old sucks!   I've got waaaay too much junk lying around!  😂

ticket stubs.jpg

Nope, not looking like his signature but???  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Ha!  Have ALWAYS loved Yes.  My ex was like 7 months preggo and I literally dragged her into Richfield for this show in 95.  Seats in the eighth row but got seated in the 3rd row somehow and she was totally flipping out.  Every time they came around I was pointing at her belly and Chris Squire caught it so he started pokin fun at her w/her belly covered or anything she could find.  EVERY time they came around he was watching her and grinning.  She covered her belly with her arms and just cringed.  I do recall hearing, "IF our baby is born deaf I'm going to kill you!"  Hahahaha  I told her she would be born a rocker!  By the time they went around a few times Squire had put the word out and the entire band was watching her everytime they came around.  Seen them quite a few times but that tour always makes me smirk!  Could only find one ticket who knows where her's went.  Sifting thru a stack of stubs I also came across one from a Petty show.  Ummm, dunno.  He could have signed it but can't remember.  Gonna have to research it a bit more. Gettng old sucks!   I've got waaaay too much junk lying around!  😂

ticket stubs.jpg

Had 6th row seating ... Or what they called golden seating it the round

IMG_20190609_234014_hdr.jpg

• Like 3