Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

1 hour ago, HDBRbuilder said:

Jack Reacher fit into this at all??

Based on the shipped to Germany comment 

Reacher the fictional character was born in Berlin and several books have German storyline’s 

Nothing more intended 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/10/2019 at 11:20 PM, Mossy bottom said:

I have been on a Ten Years After /  Alvin Lee kick...

I can't believe he isn't in the RRHF...amazing!

Alvin Lee - Detroit Diesel 1986

15602221523696290463764281341997.jpg

scored !

62531599_1714996148646674_25483568472286

https://m.facebook.com/ReImagineRecords/photos/?mt_nav=1&__xt__=33.{"logging_data"%3A{"photo_source"%3A"photos_by"%2C"event_type"%3A"tapped_all_photos"%2C"impression_info"%3A"eyJmIjp7InBhZ2VfaWQiOiI0NTgxMTE0NTc2Njg0ODkiLCJpdGVtX2NvdW50IjoiNiJ9fQ"%2C"surface"%3A"mobile_page_home"%2C"interacted_story_type"%3A"1478021912489498"%2C"session_id"%3A"308e84dc1412010edef11a322f024fc3"}}

thinking about it.....

first time on vinyl in North America...

since 77

62483404_1714833891996233_31702924297943

• Like 5

Well done mike 

I will see if I can score something juicy on LP when I attend the next record fair 

Re - seconds out half speed 

Unless it is far superior in sound quality to the original then go for it 

If not then enjoy what you have 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Well done mike 

I will see if I can score something juicy on LP when I attend the next record fair 

I doubt that I will buy seconds out..

not a big fan of it anyway..

I wish they would release the shrine auditorium lamb .. on vinyl

from the genesis archives 67-75

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Full Range said:

Well done mike 

good read....

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/genesis-seconds-out-half-speed-mastered-2lp-vinyl/

Carl Jacobs says:

Ladies and gents, you have seriously got to be kidding me. There is only guitarist that should be allowed to play frankly THE greatest most beautiful guitar solo of any act and those that saw it played live in Europe this May 2019 and will see it played live several times in U.K. this Autumn will know that, dear friends, is Mr. Stephen Richard Hackett, king of sustain. Any other attempt is frankly rubbish. Twiddly bollocks or wee wee notes, as Zappa called it, is no substitute for the maestro. I have seen Stuermer attempt this several times including Old Trafford and screamed out for the torture to stop every time. Some years ago at Manchester Uni I shouted at two nefarious individuals talking over the solo by Hackett before he was lured into albeit great, re runs of Genesis stuff.
So please go listen to the real deal. On Seconds Out the mix was atrocious and criminally detrimental to Hackett by a petulant Mr Banks who has admitted as much.
Therefore I gave you the pre official release of Rainbow gig from 73 or the expurgated official box set version over the tripe suggested by Colin; no disrespect Colin.
P.S When is an LP version of the Rainbow gig going to be released?
I have said elsewhere in this great chat that we should have a double LP of Genesis Live and also a triple LP of SO to include AIAMN & OFTV and others that were missed off. Apparently the label didn’t like the idea of a triple back then. Hold on how many LPs in Yessongs? Oh yeah three.
Carl Jacobs

• Like 4

I’m not finished yet with my jazz collection 

This next album is close to perfection and the guitar is the leading instrument 

Smooth and effortless guitar riffs that bore into one’s being 

Artist - Kenny Burrell

Title - Midnight Blue 

On Blue Note Records - 2005+Reissue 200gr  MONO 

ID - BLP 4123 

B8578BB3-484D-4E39-AD8B-163884AC134F.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if I should post this here or somewhere else? Where's a good place to buy albums? On-line? Big Box? Local music store? And what's up with some albums being remastered? Which is better? Or is asking "Which is better" like asking "which is better, a Ford or a Chevy"...  I like oldies like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Country Western, George Harrison, Tom Petty, Dylan, etc. And Michael Jackson's Billy Jean sounds incredible on my Jubee's...  As always, Thank You!   Bill

New Turntable;  Technic's SL-1100A with a Jelco SA-750D Tonearm & a New Ortofon 2 Black Cartridge... 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 32blownhemi said:

Not sure if I should post this here or somewhere else? Where's a good place to buy albums? On-line? Big Box? Local music store? And what's up with some albums being remastered? Which is better? Or is asking "Which is better" like asking "which is better, a Ford or a Chevy"...  I like oldies like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Country Western, George Harrison, Tom Petty, Dylan, etc. And Michael Jackson's Billy Jean sounds incredible on my Jubee's...  As always, Thank You!   Bill

New Turntable;  Technic's SL-1100A with a Jelco SA-750D Tonearm & a New Ortofon 2 Black Cartridge... 

Yard sales 

Record Fair 

Local thrift stores 

Local record stores 

More big retailers are now stocking records and the artist range is getting larger 

Amazon & EBay 

• Like 3