Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Jackson Browne: lyrics and a good tune... loved by the cool people in jr high.... then by me too after hearing more of his stuff.

Bad week here, lots of days and nights at the hosp for my mom that's been in bad shape but has turned the corner now... might be home this weekend. & that will be lots more to handle now. Brother drove up this evenng to give me a break for the night.

Started with Claypool Lennon Delerium "South of Reality" love this stuff but it's kind of a short double LP.

Cranked it up and had to reduce the bass to -30 cause Les Claypool can jam on his bass.

Govt Mule sounding good too will have to turn in soon but needed some tunes to unwind tonight.

IMG-20190620-221329.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Since the youngest found that Floyd "Division Bell" t-shirt I texted her tonite to ask if she kept it or was selling it.  She said, "Dad I couldn't sell it after I heard the album."  I said try "Wish You Were Here," and she said yea Dad I wish you were here too. Told her "NO THE LP" they have by the same name, "Wish You Were Here."  She said, "Oh, OK!"  I SWEAR she doesn't get it from me so I went to the tub and BOOM!  Pissing off the neighbors again!  :)

pink floyd - wish you were here.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So the wife went window shopping or something like that 

That gave me some alone free time for record spinning 

Im continuing the Frank Sinatra session and will finish the rest tomorrow 

Today 3 albums were chosen at random 

Artist - Frank Sinatra 

Title- 

Album 1 - Songs For Swinging Lovers 

F66C64F2-9F56-4EC3-B153-94DA24360833.thumb.jpeg.a68a5510cc12685357657053b043cf10.jpeg

Album 2 - The Reprise Years

12B0BAED-C319-43F2-8990-74C2748EB38C.thumb.jpeg.2ed962fd41fc89f3808570d45db4634b.jpeg

Album  3 - Sinatra Sings Music For Pleasure 

6EBD9379-4F8B-4357-B41A-A05E9F25A1F6.thumb.jpeg.8e4a274fa4604493964d09372539aba7.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/20/2019 at 9:37 PM, JohnJ said:

Bad week here, lots of days and nights at the hosp for my mom that's been in bad shape but has turned the corner now... might be home this weekend. & that will be lots more to handle now. Brother drove up this evenng to give me a break for the night.

All my thoughts and prayers John. PM me if ya want to talk. I hope she is recovering with strength.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 6/20/2019 at 7:37 PM, JohnJ said:

Jackson Browne: lyrics and a good tune... loved by the cool people in jr high.... then by me too after hearing more of his stuff.

Started with Claypool Lennon Delerium "South of Reality" love this stuff but it's kind of a short double LP.

Cranked it up and had to reduce the bass to -30 cause Les Claypool can jam on his bass.

Govt Mule sounding good too will have to turn in soon but needed some tunes to unwind tonight.

IMG-20190620-221329.jpg

Hey JohnJ,

This is a bit late, as I have also been away taking care of my mom.  Like Tim, I hope your Mom is better. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

This was Ten Years After's last studio lp with the original line up.

I was lucky enough to catch them touring the album.  It would be my last TYA concert ever...The album is very good and well recorded!

Ten Years After - About Time. 1989

15612208579452832664768753984418.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hope every thing works out well for you both.  At 95, had to put my mom in assisted living with "sundown" syndrome, which is a nasty form of dementia.   It's rough on my sister and I but it'll all sort.  It's His plan.

On the upside, I got a phone call from the youngest in Phoenix this morning wishing me a happy b-day today!  Asked if I got the box she sent so went and I looked on the porch.  Yup, opened it and was pretty much amazed.  Maybe this Floyd "Division Bell" t-shirt she found and a few of her friends wanting to buy it will be what it takes for her to turn that corner and start truly appreciating the musicians/music.  I want ONE of my girls appreciating what I have here so when I croak they're not putting it in the "Garage Sale"  section of the Forum!  It's not that I don't love you guys but...  😂  😂  😂

Great LP and if ya don't ya should!!!

pink floyd - division bell.jpg

• Like 5