Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Hey Dave, Happy Birthday!

Congrats to you!

Sorry to read about what  your Mom went through, I unfortunately can relate,

My 90 year old Dad had Sundowners...Man, you are so  right about it being nasty!!!

But on a positive side, nice presie from your Daughter!!!

Have a great day!!!

Keep pissing off those neighbors!! Just tell the cops it's your birthday, they'll understand....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank You @billybob .

@Tim Sr. Very kind of you thanks.

@Mossy bottom Appreciate it.

You too @Dave1290 & Happy Birthday!

And the two other friends I injected this into a chat, it's going to be different now. AFIB had her feeling bad went to the ER. Found out there was aspiration pneumonia also, her epiglottis had quit working right. So it's NPO forever after the tests confirmed it. Nose tube gone, she has a P E G and will get nourishment and Rxs through that. She's been (surprisingly to others) very matter of fact about it. But emotionally not sure yet so it will be hard. Would be home today but the logistics couldn't support it, so it's Monday.

Change is rough sometimes, aging too.

• Sad 3

Great to sit down and have a vision somedays.  lol  Started w/Division Bell then Santana's Abraxis and move on to a lil Rory Gallagher from 1972 his "live" Europe tour.  It's truly one of those start the evening w/a beer in each hand and when one's gone ya start meandering back to the bar for 2 more.  Truly some boot scootin tunes allll the way thru.  Check it out on Youtube and you'll thank me later when ya have it in hand!  Then a lil CSN.  Think I'm on a roll!  lol

rory gallagher - live.jpg

crosby, stills & nash - csn.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

MIt’s been a really great weekend of spinning records 

Just finished playing the rest of my Frank Sinatra LPs 

This man has a terrific voice - no doubt about that 

Have come to appreciate this voice over this long single artist marathon 

Artist - Frank Sinatra 

Titles - 

Album 1 

That’s Life 

28CCDD3C-F88D-4E5B-90CF-3D33EB8B0287.thumb.jpeg.bd51a36655d93213701b543d349e4b77.jpeg

Album 2 

Best Of Vol 2 

7545F64A-BEF0-4686-A94F-EC997B4C4F72.thumb.jpeg.0b7ac74ce89410fb4eac8e45d6974c0c.jpeg

Album 3

Swing Easy

23A879CB-0B4A-4F2E-808E-A3904EFBEDCB.thumb.jpeg.c4bf9c1e0e15a6fe3ebc5b0b93ed94eb.jpeg

Album 4 

At The Sands ( a double LP ) 

A5B1F096-62CA-4659-9630-86A4C4316253.thumb.jpeg.25d4b5d7d9e8944e9a967ef8a50929a7.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Morning Mike.  It is hard to put your finger on the sound of the table when you change three things at once.  The Rega Planar 3 was the result of two years of almost completely reworking the RP-3 which was discontinued in 2016.  The Schiit Mani recommended by Paul and Dave may be the best audio product per dollar around.  The Hana EH moving coil that you recommended tracks worn LPs with less surface noise than with the Virtuoso Wood that it replaced and at half the cost.

The combination of the three pieces is pleasing with an increase in tracking ability and much more gain.  Had I been able to change one component at a time I could give you a more direct answer. 

The old arm will be rewired by a forum member in the near future.  It will then go on the vintage Denon DP-1250.  At that time I will have to purchase a second cartridge....maybe a Nagaoka 200 moving magnet or a Denon 103r moving coil. 

Then the shootout!

How's that for a short answer?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

So it's the last evening of cranking it for a while get to play one that she hated hearing in my high school years when I pulled up in the driveway.

IMG-20190623-222739.jpg

Never did get where the cartoonish sounding whooooaaa🎵 after "Shot Down in Flames " came from

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Into some trivia behind the bands over the years, mostly starting with one friend in particular and including a mutual friend, both of whom travelled alongside for our musical pleasure seeing the variety of concerts. A lot of the trivia came from friends read from the mags of the time.For myself it was mostly, oh btw info. Not as Keen on knowing of a political position. It generally was known anyhow from their music. 

All of this just to say, incidental info can be a hoot anyway. Sorry, nothing to say except pretty cool thread...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1