Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

BigStewMan, too funny!

I was on the 05:30 ferry to Seattle, heading on to Montana.  I ordered an Alaskan Amber, and my pard ordered a bud light, he proceeds to drink half, than pulls out a can of Clamatto juice from his coat pocket (clam and tomato juice) and pours it into his beer.  Takes a hard pull, burps and says damn that's good!!!

I start to laugh, when this commuter, in a three piece suit comes up to us, with a serious look, and says to us, "I want to work where you guys work".

Anyway, glad to see ya back!!!

Cheers

• Haha 3

Those records will get me going in the morning @Mossy bottom, & I love that Linn you've got with the four cuts all the way around on the "slab"

Only saw UFO three times, twice in the small arena where the wrestling was held here in the 70s. Molly Hatchet, Judas Priest, UFO on one of the most rocking nights ever in this berg of new-norm hatred and frigadaire cars. (that's the cars out of a refrigerator or washing machine box)

Shenker brothers could be the answer, just to marvel at what they could extract from those strings and mesmerize all of us with. Would it be peace and harmony or beat the crap out of the jerk in the row behind you? 

Got "the Wild the Willing & the Innocent"?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nice day outside, tons of yardwork and where am I?  Mossy I'm blaming YOU for those two posts or yours...  Goin back CAN be such a very nice thing!  :)

First up the lead singer from the Animals in 1962 who paid his debt to society by becoming one of the  member of the "British Invasion."  Winding up in San Fran with a group he joined  "War."  If you like Eric Burdon this one is allll him...  Nice old LP to chill with!

Slipped in a li Santana and Abraxas..  Always a great LP!

Then went to the tub and pulled out one of my favorite LP's by Elton John.  Watched him on that tour from the orchestra pit @ Vets Memorial in Columbus and was totally lost in his work.  Yea, like so many, I was lookin for the answer to another great one, Jerry Lee Lewis.  Our ages meshed and Elton just hit it outta the park that nite so I became a huge fan.  This one will kick start ya anytime.  No fluff, no high heels, no insane glasses just some kick a$$ rock n roll!

Yup I'm gonna be worthless again today I can see it comin!  Mossy it's on YOU brother!  😂  😎

eric burdon - declares war1.jpg

Santana - Abraxas.jpg

elton john - 11-17-70.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

NEW YORK MAKES PROGRESS FIGHTING GIANT WEED WITH TOXIC SAP 

Giant+Hogweed+resized.jpg 

New York officials say statewide efforts to control a giant invasive plant with toxic sap are making headway.

Posted: Jun 25, 2019 12:23 PM
Posted By: The Associated Press

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - New York officials say statewide efforts to control a giant invasive plant with toxic sap are making headway.

The Department of Environmental Conservation's Giant Hogweed Program is in its 12th year. Commissioner Basil Seggos says the program has eradicated the plants from 623 sites and another 448 sites are being monitored.

The agency is urging the public to report sightings of the plant as it begins to bloom in the next few weeks.

Giant hogweed can grow up to 15 feet tall and has 2-foot-wide umbrella-shaped canopies of flowers. Brushing against it can release sap that causes painful, burning blisters.

Giant hogweed is native to the Caucasus Mountain region between the Black and Caspian seas. It has become established in New England, the Mid-Atlantic Region and the Northwest.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Those records will get me going in the morning @Mossy bottom, & I love that Linn you've got with the four cuts all the way around on the "slab"

Only saw UFO three times, twice in the small arena where the wrestling was held here in the 70s. Molly Hatchet, Judas Priest, UFO on one of the most rocking nights ever in this berg of new-norm hatred and frigadaire cars. (that's the cars out of a refrigerator or washing machine box)

Shenker brothers could be the answer, just to marvel at what they could extract from those strings and mesmerize all of us with. Would it be peace and harmony or beat the crap out of the jerk in the row behind you? 

Got "the Wild the Willing & the Innocent"?

JohnJ, I also saw them in small venues.  One time was in Dave's neck of the woods, The Tomorrow Club in Youngstown, Ohio.  Drove awhile to get there.  AC-DC was the opener when Bonn Scott was on vocals, they had to be trashed...  People didn't know what to make of the them, they were booo'd and beer bottles were thrown at them....UFO was awesome.

If my hazed memory serves me, the next year I saw UFO...

AC-DC opened up once again, and the crowd went nuts for them, they really rocked it... they were a tough act to follow. UFO was good, but we knew AC DC was going to be something special...I think Schenker had already split the band...too long ago and too many lost brain cells to know for sure...

I don't have the "The Wild the Willing...I have the first 4 records and the double live which I really like....I believe the first four records were produced by Leo Lyons.

Cheers!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Mossy bottom said:

Hey Mike!! Look what came in today...Mike, Mike, Mike.....

Look what came in tooooooodaaaaaay!

15615115964777395835671491197769.jpg

Yea baby 

That is one great album 

Love playing it whenever the opportunity arises 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1