Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

4 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

FINALLY the last couple plays outta the tub!  About 2 inches left but "eh, who cares."  In all, I only found two that were warped and un-playable but that's to be expected I guess.  They were all pretty much as he said, "played and recorded, then put away" so I'm thankful for that.  I did pull a few as doubles because I know how much I've played the ones I have.  A nice find and priced right.  Just wish I had more time to spend initially before they were picked thru by others.  It worked though! Saved this one for last cause all of mine are ugh!  Back to my regular programming!  Ha...  NOW to put them away somehow!  Ugh!

Janis Joplin - Greatest Hits.jpg

Haven't seen that cover in a while... more trivia.  The best White Blues Singer in The World... enjoy

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m going to purchase a ticket for the return of Steve Hackett to Australia in 2020 

He will be performing the complete album - Selling England By the Pound in its entirety.

Think I’m going all out and get a near front row seat and say stuff the cost @ $150.00 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Think I’m going all out and get a near front row seat and say stuff the cost @ $150.00 

Wise man!  That would be a great show to see!  Get on it!!!

I've had my LS cookin ALLLL afternoon around here.  New Zep 1, Abraxas, Genesis Seconds Out, Wish You Were Here and now just a lil Marillion!  Cranked and I do mean cranked...  Sounds soooooo damn good too!!!  Workin on a true case of ear fatigue!   :)   Could be a love / hate kinda relationship w/the neighbors after tonite!  hahahaha    Cops will be busy w/the local fireworks traffic soooo..  We GO!  😂 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Haven't stopped!  Just finished up w/a lil Division Bell and decided it was time to "Meddle" just a bit so pulled out a "like new" copy from '71..  Yea, I've got 3...  The hoarder.  lol  ALL together for this one soooo yup!  Been a LONG time!  Triva question, WHO was the whiny dog in "Seamus?"  Where's Mossy when ya need him?   :)

Pink floyd - Meddle 1971.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Wise man!  That would be a great show to see!  Get on it!!!

I've had my LS cookin ALLLL afternoon around here.  New Zep 1, Abraxas, Genesis Seconds Out, Wish You Were Here and now just a lil Marillion!  Cranked and I do mean cranked...  Sounds soooooo damn good too!!!  Workin on a true case of ear fatigue!   :)   Could be a love / hate kinda relationship w/the neighbors after tonite!  hahahaha    Cops will be busy w/the local fireworks traffic soooo..  We GO!  😂 😎

Testing fireworks around here...golf cars and traffic, boats...

Wish I Were There...lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, billybob said:

I know where there is some storage. . . 😖😖😖😖 Space

I'm sure there is someone closer than you are with storage space...  All that heat and humdity is NOT a good thing.   I'm still thunkin on the white female blues sanger!  Now that WOW news???  Spill it!  lol

Winding it all down...  12-hour run today!  Needed it!  Lil Petty a while ago and goin with some Steely Dan then Donald Fagen to finish the evening out!  Enjoy the day off tomorrow if you have one!  :)

Steely Dan - Aja.jpg

Donald Fagan - Night Fly.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thought you would drop by sometime... hotter than can

describe... plenty of time for girl

watch...ing...

That Smokin' OP's lp is a good 5 star ...Let It Rock ... great opener...

Saw Leon and daughters playing Hummin'bird iN Tally awhile ago now. But Seger and TeaGarten&Van Winkle on that lp

tour was a great combo to see.

This just before Silver...😁😝

• Like 4

I purchased extra storage space in the form of a record cabinet yesterday, that I plan to repaint in black and use for my most played records 

In a past life it was used as an animation cell box - back in the old days when each cell was hand painted on acetate cells they needed to stay in order and dry out - hence all of the ply dividers which can be removed

E523A0DB-2EBD-4430-B5F4-5745851760A6.jpeg.44816e47b8446a81a225f5fc8e319a6c.jpeg

And some jazz records from the same fellow 

So I will start to spin the first of three records I received now 

Starting with a double album from 1972 by a well respected jazz drummer that has played with and for the best 

Some say he was probably the greatest rhythmic drummer 

Artist - Elvin Jones 

Title - Live At The Lighthouse 

A US Blue Note pressing 

192C798D-1262-4BCC-8C0C-0CBF6B365F18.thumb.jpeg.994bbfc3a59ddf57ff9a29f04312bbd4.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Full Range, very nice find...great conversation piece and perfect lp stand...Well done you!!!

I'm keeping this Friday night head trip going with a sprinkle of southern psychedelic dixie dust...

Sparklehorse - VIVADIXIESUBMARINETRANSMISSIONPLOT. 1995

15623758937415945033607298066331.jpg

• Like 3

We interrupt this Friday Night Head Trip for breaking news that has just come across the music hollow wire...Gary Duncan, Guitarist for the famous San Francisco Band, Quicksilver Messenger Service, past away on June 29...He was 72.  He seems to be the latest of a rash of casualties from the greatest age of American Rock n Roll...music hollow will broadcast a stellar lp in honor of his music contribution...Please...Have another hit...of fresh air...

Quicksilver Messenger Service - Just For Love. 1970

15623785092858597315404209978999.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Aaaawwwwww Yeeeeeeeesssss...keeping this Friday Night Head Trip going with one we pulled deep from within the vinyl vault...

A rippin' lp...The good Fleetwood Mac...with Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer...the debut lp, produced by Mike Vernon....

Fleetwood Mac

15623823970297261088966849287594.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Man, this Friday Night Head Trip is just too crazy...

So, John VcVie is not on this record, but Eric Clapton, was on the last record before he was on this record...WTF????.

I should have never started the night out with Morphine...

Cream - Disraeli Gears. 1967

15623877782486027743724244813567.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1