Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Just now, Full Range said:

@Mossy bottom 

I need to get me some cream LPs, as I only have a Best Of in the collection 

Disraeli Gears and Wheels of Fire, are two good albums to have...Clapton is of course phenomenal, but I love listening behind his solo work to what Ginger and Jack are doing on drums and bass...Ginger is an exceptional drummer...If you get a chance, check out the documentary "Beware of Mr. Baker"  I believe  it's on Youtube...

Cheers

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Mossy bottom said:

Disraeli Gears and Wheels of Fire, are two good albums to have...Clapton is of course phenomenal, but I love listening behind his solo work to what Ginger and Jack are doing on drums and bass...Ginger is an exceptional drummer...If you get a chance, check out the documentary "Beware of Mr. Baker"  I believe  it's on Youtube...

Cheers

They are the albums I would want in the collection 

Will get a start on the video documentary 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Loved it when Ginger Baker popped that guy in the nose with the cane :laugh:.

@dirtmudd ... perplexed but nice to hear, you're a gem among Genesis lovers!

@Mossy bottom does your copy of Bluesbreakers sound exceptional like the nice old one that I picked up last year? London Records did a bang-up job on the recording all the way through the pressing on that LP!

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Loved it when Ginger Baker popped that guy in the nose with the cane :laugh:.

@dirtmudd ... perplexed but nice to hear, you're a gem among Genesis lovers!

@Mossy bottom does your copy of Bluesbreakers sound exceptional like the nice old one that I picked up last year? London Records did a bang-up job on the recording all the way through the pressing on that LP!

Hi John, yes, my London recording is exceptional.  Mine isn't a first issue but I've had it since the early 70's

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

today's score and a mystery package.. for #9 !

IMG_20190706_143539_hdr.jpg

Ooooooohhhh!!! A Space In Time!!!! That's one of my all time favorites....completely different from Wind and the Wuthering....and that is really good too!

Nice selections, Mike! What's the Mystery  lp???? 

• Like 4

Nice find Paul!  Movable partitions would be just what the Doc ordered.  Adjustable!  Have been thinkin about a new oak cabinet w/sliding smoked glass in recessed tracks like my LP cabinet.  Lag it into the wall above the shelves BUT then everything else would look funky.  I HATE piles, I HATE flagging LP's to mark a spot and I HATE getting into a rut on my plays therefore I'll prolly leave things as is and just deal.  Something like that would be nice but I'm outta room!  Other things eventually coming into play down the road I'm thunkin.  :)

Mossy, you're just plain EVIL!  Have been thinking Cream for a while now and you started the trouble once again by opening up the can of worms!  Ginger Baker on youtube is, I'm sure spot on.  The "Wheels of Fire" Lp is great if you haven't heard it.  Felix Pappalardi did a great job producing it in '68.  Sides 1 & 2 are studio work while 3 & 4 are live from the Fillmore.  In all, a great Lp.

Now how bout a lil Blind Faith from 1969???  Yea, you know I'm EVIL too!  ha

"Come down off your throne

And leave your body alone

Somebody must change

You are the reason

I've been waiting so long

Somebody holds the key

Well I'm near the end and I just ain't got  the time

Well I'm wasted and I can't find my way home..."

Cream - Disraeli Gears.jpg

Cream - Wheels of Fire1.jpg

Blind Faith - Blind Faith.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Looks like ya got a nice grab there Mike!  Know you'll be cookin 'em!

Nice to see you're numb in your new Digs Cincy!  Crank that Huey landing for the neighbors?  Gotta break em in at some point!  Ha!

Had my post sitting here for a while.  THOUGHT I could get the yard mowed before a monsoon hit.  EPIC fail.  Got soaked half-way thru so went out to see my Mom @ the assisted living complex.  Got some laffs from the residents seeing me soaked!  Hopefully it made there day!  :)    Just got back then tossed the Blind Faith on.  Such a great old Lp.

Good to see ya checking back in Mossy!  

Enjoy seeing the posts by everyone!  Jogs my old wittle pea brain and I GO!  Nice keepin my grin on in here w/all of you guys!  

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Looks like ya got a nice grab there Mike!  Know you'll be cookin 'em!

Nice to see you're numb in your new Digs Cincy!  Crank that Huey landing or the neighbors?  Gotta break em in at some point!  Ha!

Had my post sitting here for a while.  THOUGHT I could get the yard mowed before a monsoon hit.  EPIC fail.  Got soaked half-way thru so went out to see my Mom @ the assisted living complex.  Got some laffs from the residents seeing me soaked!  Hopefully it made there day!  :)    Just got back then tossed the Blind Faith on.  Such a great old Lp.

Good to see ya checking back in Mossy!  

Enjoy seeing the posts by everyone!  Jogs my old wittle pea brain and I GO!  Nice keepin my grin on in here w/all of you guys!  

Need to get the subwoofer dialed in first. Then, I’ll see if I can get the COPS over for a visit. 

Can't wait for the first Cul-de-Sac party. 

Cincy

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, cincymat said:

I'd love to change the world too

I'm changing it now !

never owned this album.... but would always stop the car and pull over..

just to listen to it...

and now I have water on the brain..

it's the 79 reissue... it sounds great....

• Like 4

Yup, that big pink house rented by Rick Danko in West Saugerties, NY in 1967.  Yea, just a member of Bob Dylan's backing band who became legendary in their own right!  The Band''s first Lp from 1968 with the cover art drawn and painted by Bob Dylan.  Just a great bunch of guys who pretty much have done it all imo!  Couple newer releases out that should sound great but this is the one I cut my teeth on so yea...  Maybe someday I get the new releases but this IS the ONE for me!

The Band - Big Pink 1967.jpg

• Like 5

21 hours ago, DMH said:

tfwhWEl.jpg

Hey Bob, Mike, Steve & all! I received this album today! It's still sealed!

3 hours ago, Mossy bottom said:

Ooooooohhhh!!! A Space In Time!!!! That's one of my all time favorites....completely different from Wind and the Wuthering....and that is really good too!

Nice selections, Mike! What's the Mystery  lp???? 

how about a sync play this evening !

• Like 4