Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

23 hours ago, Mossy bottom said:

A good friend of mine caught PF and said it was just beyond anything he had ever seen at a rock n roll show...According to him it was his most incredible concert ever...I have no doubt about that...Closest I ever came was when the movie Pink Floyd Live In Pompeii came out in the 70's and the only showings were at midnight...Man! did we get well prepared for that one...

Somehow missed that movie... from what have seen on YouTube and posted on forum in the past , guess I am due if still available on CD or DVD. ..talking the whole show...

• Like 1

Not condensing squat here...  SO well deserved!  Full Moon Fever is the debut solo studio album by Tom Petty, released on April 24, 1989, by MCA Records. It features contributions from members of his band the Heartbreakers, notably Mike Campbell, as well as Jeff Lynne, Roy Orbison (who died prior to its release), and George Harrison, Petty's bandmates in the Traveling Wilburys.[1][2] The record shows Petty exploring his musical roots with nods to his influences.[3] The songwriting is mainly collaborations between Petty and Lynne, who was also a producer on the album. The album became a commercial and critical success peaking at No. 3 on the U.S. Billboard 200 and being certified 5× platinum in the United States and 6× platinum in Canada.

tom petty - full moon fever.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fastpuce271 said:

I just brought record cleaner, antistatic cloth, record cleaning brush.

All I need now is a player...  :D

Man, quite possibly better than mine so... You will be happily ecstatic... as you know .. .thanks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Warmed thing us w/a lil Petty replay from last evening soooo NOW we GO!  Don't EVEN ask me where either!

Released in late 1983 and their 11th studio album.  After they sorted themselves out a bit they came back strong with their best-selling US album.  A "new" generation" of rockers out there and it was music to their ears selling more than 3 million copies.  What about their "old" listeners though?  Yea, we knew and just went with the flow!  Refreshing to say the least w/FOUR major hits from this album.   Next up?  Ugh!

Yes - 90215.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

"Everybody knows this is nowhere" by Neil Young and Crazy Horse is his second album released in 1969.  The album contains four songs that became standards in Young's performance repertoire: "Cinnamon Girl", "Down by the River", the title track, and "Cowgirl in the Sand", all of which were written in a single day while Young had a 103 °F (39.5 °C) fever.

Neil Young - Everybody knows this is nowhere 1969 2nd lp.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A Neil Young kinda day?  Welllllll, just one more recorded in 1977.  His eight studio album "Stars 'n Bars" has got just enough twang and movement to keep me listening.  Almost HAVE to listen to "Like a Hurricane" & "Homegrown" don't ya???  Gotta keep  that foot tappin too...  

Neil Young - American Stars n Bars 1977. 8th lp.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1967, 50+ years ago when these guys cranked out this, their first album,  A LOT of cover songs on it. The Beatles, Sonny & Cher, The Zombies, Diana Ross &^ the Supremes ALL had hits "their" way.   Vanilla Fudge played it THEIR way!  Deep and heavy on  the B-3/Leslie combo with outstanding vocals mixed in.  A twist on the psychedelic West coast sound that worked since they drew quite the British following.  Yes, Deep Purple, Styx, Uriah Heep along with Led Zeppelin were ALL influenced by them.  Pretty crazy nuts to look back and hear someone say, "Yea, i remember when Led Zeppelin opened for us."  They did though!  "You Keep Me Hangin On," THEIR way is classic!  It truly is a great old album imo!

Vanilla Fudge - Vanilla Fudge 1967 1st lp.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1