Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Recognize the Atco label there bud. Some of my most played LPs are theirs Blackfoot's first is how I know that label!

Here's another I see only in my old stuff.

Big around here in and right after high school.

IMG-20190716-203650.jpg

• Like 4

real close huh? 

download.jpg

if only I still had hair!

Ended up with a crew cut yesterday, I used the tapered ones around my ears...... and forgot to extend the blade `cause things have been hectic here. Had to go all over with a 3/8" blade to make it match.... darn that's short but it isn't cold outside here, I'll live.

• Haha 5

14 minutes ago, fastpuce271 said:

I'm in the club now.  I just brought myself a table. Pro-Ject Lygon Primary.

I am so confused.  I have no idea what I'm doing.  lol..

Time to read the product manual. 

😟

Woo hoooo 

Easy 

Setup the TT

Connect the TT to a phono stage 

Then connect to Amp 

Select component ( source ) 

Turn on and play 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

First album I'm playing on this turntable is a what I think is an amazing one from an amazing artist from Australia.

I have had this album stored away for decades and now it is back spinning and sounds amazing to me.  Thank you 20190717_164617.thumb.jpg.641a9f6ffe282cd92c1fe51766807408.jpgfor your inspiration and direction.

I am loving the sound.. though I really have nothing to compare it to.

Im so excited...

Sorry for the bad photo i took, but too excited to take another.. lol 

Whoo Hooo!!!!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, fastpuce271 said:

Im so excited...

Sorry for the bad photo i took, but too excited to take another.. lol 

Whoo Hooo!!!!

Now it’s time to officially welcome you to the Dark side 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

First album I'm playing on this turntable is a what I think is an amazing one from an amazing artist from Australia.

I have had this album stored away for decades and now it is back spinning and sounds amazing to me.  Thank you

Im so excited...

Whoo Hooo!!!!

Always liked Cold Chisel from the first time I heard them & his singing was a big part of that.

Since a biker couple that moved here from the great plains introduced me to them in the 80s I've felt like I was the only other one around here that knew of them.

Anyone living a quarter mile of me or fortunately stuck in traffic next to me in the last three decades heard them though.

This stuff has to be cranked it's such a pure raw rock!!

G'Day Mates!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, fastpuce271 said:

I have had this album stored away for decades and now it is back spinning and sounds amazing to me.  Thank you

I went to see him in concert with my wife 

Great concert 

We were seated in a central position and about the midway point of the concert he came to a piano placed in the middle of the crowd that was about 10 feet from us 

Played about 4 songs and then went back on stage 

We had a great time 

And the best part was 

I got the tickets for free as a gift from a client 

• Like 4

@fastpuce271 Welcome to our group!  Happy?  I'll bet you are but we all know you're still drooling a bit, which is a good thing.  Hopefully, our sharing of music here turns you on a bit more.  Everyone's taste is different and you'll find yourself enjoying some artists more than others.  You'll also find yourself digging around in boxes of LP's wherever you see them for sale cheap.  Be selective and look at the condition.  Hope the posts here help you spot some of the great stuff we all enjoy.

Questions just ask.  I'm by no means an expert in here and started the same way you are now.  That was LONG ago and I've tried to save every LP I've ever bought.  I don't loan mine to anyone.  They ask I just laff.  They want it they can buy it or find it!  Course IF I had those I loaned to friends I'd prolly have 100 more!  lol

Welcome to the Forum and our lil gaggle.  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

thank you all so much for your kind words, stories shared and reactions.

I am so happy I made the leap, again to vinyl from decades of a TT being absend in my setup.  To me when playing music there is nothing like actually seeing the souce spinning around ona TT with a stylus on it and then hearing it the music on your speakers.  I think it's fantastic.  ☝️

I just need to buy a stylus brush to clean the needle.  I have what I need to clean the records.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I just need to buy a stylus brush to clean the needle.  I have what I need to clean the records.

You can also use some white magic sponge 

Works great to also clean the diamond 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, billybob said:

Just one more which I happen to have...will be spinning it soon on my new to me Heresy... Great lp

Thanks

Yeah, I have the basic pressing and a few years ago scored a copy of a half speed master.  SF Sounds, I think before MOFI started doing it.  It is one of those significant lp's of rock/psych/prog history.

• Thanks 2