Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

15 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Also just purchased ( at a haggled keen price ) a new 70” TV - so I have been busy setting it up 

https://www.lg.com/au/tvs/lg-70UK6540PTA

Wait you have TV on the rock?  Seriously?   😂  😎

"Outside Inside" from The Tubes was released in 1983 and became a best seller instantly w/the cut of "She's A Beauty" hittin the charts. Martha Davis of the Motels took the lead in "The Monkey Time" which is great lil change-up from Curtis Mayfield's version.! The original LP first release shows the embossed "eye chart" in the right corner.  Eventually it was "inked" to help it stand out.  These guys were great live and ya never knew what was going to happen but they stayed in-line for the most part.  lol  With Todd Rundgren hangin around they almost had to.  lolol  Sounds fantastic!  

Tubes -Outside Inside.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Wait you have TV on the rock?  Seriously?   😂  😎

This morning I was testing the difference between free to air channels 

DTV verses HD 

Huge difference in quality 

63CE8F3E-4A33-46D7-9511-77643AD3FD09.jpeg

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Full Range said:

A client and I were talking audio a few days ago 

He said that I need to have a listen to one if his favourite artists 

Blues genre - R.L. Burnside 

Nice.

It's got the guitar, slide guitar, drums and voice like blues does... but get the funk out!

RL's got some progressive in him!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Full Range

Should have mentioned, like the cool lamp on the right. The tv is curved like the stand?

I had a pair very similar with five big balls conjoined in a stack with the high gloss black shades. It took a 100/150/250 watt bulb to make light for the big room they were in. My friends mom said they were "Super Tacky Tough" and I've never forgot, she lived in a geodesic dome herself! I called them the chrome caterpillars.

@dirtmudd this one sounds fantastic!!!

IMG-20190721-144714.jpg

Edited by JohnJ
said not freakin' sat msft txt input application
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Touche' @dirtmudd

IMG-20190722-214559.jpg

Do you believe in a better day? Do you have faith in a golden way? If you do, then we must come together this day Come together as one, united television audience Brought together by the sound of my voice United, united financially, united socially, United spiritually, and all possible ways Through the power of money And the power of prayers..." What God wants God gets God help us all What God wants God gets God wants dollars God wants cents God wants pounds, shillings, and pence God wants guilders God wants Kroner God wants Swiss francs And God wants French francs God wants escudos God wants pesetas Don't send lira God don't want small potatoes God wants small towns God wants pain God wants clean up rock campaigns God wants widows God wants solutions God wants TV God wants contributions What God wants God gets God help us all What God wants God gets What God wants God gets God help us all What God wants God gets God wants silver God wants gold God wants his secret never to be told God wants gigolos God wants giraffes God wants politics God wants a good laugh What God wants God gets God help us all What God wants God gets God wants friendship God wants fame God wants credit God wants blame God wants poverty God wants wealth God wants insurance God wants to cover himself What God wants God gets God help us all What God wants God gets What God wants God gets God help us all What God wants God gets

• Like 3

Yes so, yesterday I turned up carefully my Heressies to volume level spinning a record, both sides... nice with bass turned and with loudness turned...each one delivered decent thumping tight bass...aha.

Just now, connected youtube 10 Years After... The one I've posted many times here over time.. Had to bring the volume up with my integrated but yeah... decent enough to enjoy at volume.

Now speaking of which, and I have not looked, which is my fashion regarding anything music, which is maybe I may make an error upon occasion when commenting from recall yet, just now getting around to saying, there is a double lp by Alvin & Co. Where the theme is all Elvis...it was back in the day of course. Had read or heard long ago that Alvin was a big fan of and influenced by the great one.

Just wondering if you have it or if family with... thanks

Btw, it rocks of course...

Edit.. had it on tape...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1