Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

5bb784d50ed8c098f2f1ce828c26f8a6.jpg
Trying out a new cork mat from Hudson hifi
It still needs to flatten out some
Raised the LP about 3.5mm higher then the felt mat

Dollar for dollar Klipsch has no equals
Name one other speaker company that can build a speaker and keep working like new after 45 plus years of service. Answer NO ONE !!!!!!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Richard Wright, Pink Floyd keyboardist?  Yea, that dude cranked this one out (his first) in between gigs w/Floyd just to relax!  Written and produced by himself in 1978 and truly a classic IF you like Pink Floyd!  It's one to look for!  😎

Richard-Wright-Wet-Dream.jpg

I remember like yesterday when I went to the record store to pick this album up after having to order it in 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cool tunes last couple nights, nice sunscreen for the noggins and I like that mottled button-down that looks hide-like. To top it off fine tuning for a new mat. Bunch of vinyl-heads🧐

With ya on a different frequency tonight:

IMG-20190727-221710.jpg

• Like 6

My favorite Bad Co. record, maybe because the others were over played on FM back then. Maybe I like Bob Dylan more than I'll admit... Paul sings a lot like him on a couple tunes here.

IMG-20190727-223530.jpg 

• Like 6

These guys were fun to see in our old coliseum, the trip over to that side of town after school. The partying in the giant parking lot, Godzillas thunderous "footsteps" coming from out in the mezzanine.

No doubt who I'm talking about:

IMG-20190727-231426.jpg

• Like 6

The original LP was made in 1968 but mine was sooo worn I picked up this remake from 1970 too.  Iron Butterfly from San Diego helped start it all.  So many of those West coast groups.   One of the top 40 selling LP's of all time.  Heya Mossyone how goes?  :)

IRON-BUTTERFLY-In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida-ATCO-S.  

• Like 6

POCO's second (1970) and the first to feature Timothy B. Schmit on bass with the group.  Jim Messina and Richie Furay just JAM on this LP.  Yup, it was "Country Rock" and this LP hangs in the POCO exhibit in the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville.  

POCO-POCO-1970.jpg 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, JohnJ said:

These guys were fun to see in our old coliseum, the trip over to that side of town after school. The partying in the giant parking lot, Godzillas thunderous "footsteps" coming from out in the mezzanine.

No doubt who I'm talking about:

IMG-20190727-231426.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Dang @BigStewMan that is a bad night.

It's like at what point do you realize you need to start backtracking and get out of it as fast as you can. I've had experiences where "murphys law" just kept piling it on a few times too, in hindsight I've wondered why I didn't remove myself from the situation when I could have. Usually sex, drugs or rock&roll were at the end of those ventures but getting there was he$) a couple of times.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Too stinking hot for coffee but I'm thinking about it.  This Diet Dr. isn't werkin!  Thought this would be a nice play this morning.  Emerson, Lake & Palmer from 1970 and their first release.  I won't get into the personalities of the 3 but they ALL meshed so darn well.  Keith Emerson on keyboards, Greg Lake with the vocals and bass and Carl Palmer on the drums.  One of the most successful progressive rock bands of the 70's w/9 Gold here in the US and worldwide sales of more than 48 million copies.  They just did it ALL!  Love my neighbors!  😂  😎

Emerson-Lake-Palmer-ELP-1970-their-first

• Like 3

Haven't heard this in forever so salivating a bit.  ELP's 5th studio and a double album "Works Vol. 1," which was released in 1977 after a three-year break from their 1974 "Brain Salad Surgery" tour.  Each artist got a side to do whatever they wanted with side 4 featuring songs from the group as one.  The artist's backed each other's work on every side but the artist got to do whatever they wanted.  Carl Palmer even grabbed Joe Walsh to play in his lil rocker "L.A. Nights."  IMO "double" albums get a lil stagnant by the time you hit side 3 but this one's so very different.  You hear each artist "do THEIR thing."  Funny how Keith Emerson even used the London Philharmonic Orchestra with John Mayer.  Yea, it's funny alright but it's an excellent album!     :)

Emerson-Lake-Palmer-Works.jpg

• Like 4