Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

On 8/5/2019 at 9:07 PM, JohnJ said:

Finally got a copy of one I had back in the day.

But..... a great song, the great song on this record that has a quiet start has a minute blemish. When played it sound like a scratch through about ten revolutions. A brand new sealed copy is what it looked like. The rest of it is as it should be & this was their only copy.

What say you?

MVIMG-20190805-205730.jpg

Hey guys, didn't spell it out well.

Think I should keep it?

I do hate it when a song with a particular "weight" to the presence or ambiance that it can fill me with is F'd by a popping!

"Echos" has tonnage of that weight with me, just like "And You And I" does... I sent that lp back with it's pop at the intro.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Hey guys, didn't spell it out well.

Think I should keep it?

I do hate it when a song with a particular "weight" to the presence or ambiance that it can fill me with is F'd by a popping!

"Echos" has tonnage of that weight with me, just like "And You And I" does... I sent that lp back with it's pop at the intro.

Exchange it - is my answer 

Or return for refund and get another LP 

• Like 2

Continuing with my Yes collection 

Can anyone see the original price on the sticker @ $9.50

A cheeky bit of cover art 😉

This album is a little underrated by reviewers but I find it to be an excellent album that marked the return of Rick Wakeman after a 3 year absence 

Artist - YES

Title - Going For The One 

On Atlantic 1977 trifold sleeve, UK pressing K50379

E28F8CB5-849A-436D-8450-380487DA869E.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The keyboards alone highlighted Going for the One as a record that lots of my friends got when it came out. Jon's vocals are excellent here as always. Not as "deep" or "Heavy" as the earlier YES, but Tormato didn't trip my trigger and I gave it away.. might regret that now since my tastes have changed. 

Interesting covers surrounding the title that's currently up @Full Range. What is behind the cover with the excellent kracken or octopus watercolor?

And talk about one of the best ever sounding concerts or live rock lps... Exit Stage Left... complete with obi

41 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Interesting covers surrounding the title that's currently up @Full Range. What is behind the cover with the excellent kracken or octopus watercolor?

And talk about one of the best ever sounding concerts or live rock lps... Exit Stage Left... complete with obi

Answer - Album to the right of Yes Going For The one - is by Gentle Giant - Octopus 

https://www.discogs.com/user/Full_Range/collection?search=Octopus%20&sort_by=artists_sort&sort_order=asc

And you are correct the other is Rush - Exit Stage Left

https://www.discogs.com/Rush-ExitStage-Left/release/8412328

Both Discogs links are of my actual albums 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Killer Collection you've got there, got Tormato via youtube on in the background now.

Japanese pressed promo. Nice!

I don’t have Tormato in the collection - But Happy with the YES titles I have 

In the LP collection - at a guess it would be just under 1000 LPs mostly Prog , Rock & Jazz 

• Like 2

MVIMG-20190809-095932.jpg

Ecstatic with the little bit I have but it would only take three of the five to make me feel that way!!

That Close to the Edge vinyl was such a disappointment, the AudioFidelity cd is a close match... as close as possible to the sound that lps exude.

*Tormato still has some that I can dig but overall... I don't need it!

• Like 4

Grindin makin vinyl dust last evening turning (or trying to turn) the youngest daughter on to some "real moosic."  Maybe , just maybe...  

1974 Todd Rundgren's move into progressive rock with his first LP "Utopia."  Typically Rundgren, he tried to put 10#'s into a 5# bag by compressing an hour's worth of work into one lp  It worked for the most part but critics thought it could have been better.  Just another day in his life!  Nice play though!

Todd-Rundgren-Utopia-1st-press-1974.jpg

If you're into John Lennon and 50-60's rock n roll covers this is the album for you!  After a year long production the LP was finally released in '75 and was his last until 1980.   Lennon sounds great and yup, you'll be stompin your foot.   :)

Ha!  How about a lil HARD rock w/some moosic from the Scottish group Nazareth.  The groups 6th LP released in 1975 sold 2 million copies in a heart beat!  More cowbell/wood block anyone???  Their first "HIT" Lp is STILL killin it imo.  Great listen soooo thar ya go!  Crank side one!!!   :)

Nazareth-Hair-of-the-Dog-1975.jpg

Berkeley, California, 1969, the New Orleans House completely ROCKED, Jefferson Airplane and these guys made sure of that.  A form of relaxation?  Yea, ok but they took it even further with this live recording finally released in 1970.  Somethang blusey, yet rockie and rollie, toss in some psychedelic, a bag of pot, a fiddle, the eye of a newt and the wing of a bat and whacha got?  Hot Tuna!  Crank it and let it go!  Problem solved!

Hot-Tuna-Hot-Tuna1970.jpg

The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys is the fifth studio album by English rock band Traffic, released in 1971. As with other Traffic albums, The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys featured different forms and offshoots of rock including jazz rock, progressive rock, as well as classic rock and roll.  One great album!  

Traffic-Low-spark-of-high-heeled-boys197

Supertramp's 1979 release "Breakfast In America" was followed in 1982 by "famous last words..."  the groups 7th release.  It was to be the last of the last for the original lineup with Roger Hodgson on guitar, etc.  Great LP!   :)

Supertramp-famous-last-words-1982.jpg

• Like 5