Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

@dirtmudd

That record store near you that you've documented here has got to be one of the best east of the Mississippi. Nice promo!

And we've got the exact same cd of it, which is nice. 

I will not let go of my original lp from back in the day, even with a few pops the vinyl is outstanding with the freq response no matter the equipment!

Oh and Steely Dan on cd isn't sacrilegious. It makes me have to tinker a little with the stereo, but wow the boombox in the car sounds very nice for a change 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

yes I do own it.. on mfsl gold cd...

and a newer vinyl... but did have several copies on vinyl at one point..

but I just scored this ! I will pick it up on Sunday...

68376771_1772203349592620_10931700613188

take a good look at the upper right corner !

http://pinkfloydarchives.com/DUSLPPF.htm#DSOTM1

http://pinkfloydarchives.com/DUSLPPF.htm

• Like 1

This next album I am spinning is so bloody good 

I should play it more often 

A debut album from an amalgam of artists for a short stint as a band 

They are Wetton , Bruford, Jobson , Holdsworth 

Artist - UK

Title - UK 

33DC2CBE-ED35-4533-89F2-B3E59DC56A2F.thumb.jpeg.3b8d3046be940f2697d05bf6ad8794ee.jpeg

0060C59F-2749-4638-A2A8-48D44DCA9C30.thumb.jpeg.3c1038b79c67d5e384035049b2f83f58.jpeg

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

yes I do own it.. on mfsl gold cd...

and a newer vinyl... but did have several copies on vinyl at one point..

I knew that you had the album 

Was just pulling your leg or teasing the funny bone 🤟

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/17/2019 at 5:43 AM, Full Range said:

A very nice Prog album with only 3 tracks 

Side one - The Gates Of Delirium (21.55 ) is a brilliant composition 

One of my favorite ways to experience YES is through one talented individual that goes by vzqk50HD at youtube.

Nice on a Sunday morn!

• Like 1

Tuesday already?  Throwin a lil easy peasy on the table this evening.  3 night of music during the festival here took it's toll.  Had to dry out and reclaim what hearing I have left!  

Lil Don Henley, his first solo album released in 1982.  Got any dirty laundry?

Don-Henley-I-Can-t-Stand-Still-1982-Firs

Time for a lil Alan Parson's?  His 3rd LP from 1978 and a "concept" album centered around the public's fascination  w/the "pyramid power" in Giza and King Tut's goodies.  A great old dynamic, yet flowing beautiful LP that's just simply Alan Parson's at his best.  Did he ever have a worst?

Alan-Parsons-Pyramid-1978-3rd-LP.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

Tuesday already?  Throwin a lil easy peasy on the table this evening.  3 night of music during the festival here took it's toll.  Had to dry out and reclaim what hearing I have left!  

Lil Don Henley, his first solo album released in 1982.  Got any dirty laundry?

Don-Henley-I-Can-t-Stand-Still-1982-Firs

Time for a lil Alan Parson's?  His 3rd LP from 1978 and a "concept" album centered around the public's fascination  w/the "pyramid power" in Giza and King Tut's goodies.  A great old dynamic, yet flowing beautiful LP that's just simply Alan Parson's at his best.  Did he ever have a worst?

Alan-Parsons-Pyramid-1978-3rd-LP.jpg

• Like 3

Wish you were here flows nicely from one song to another. Unlike most bands they composed the titles seemingly as one whole work. Animals is great too. I could put aside the fact that all of dsotm was played as much as Stairway & Freebird were around here on FM it's every bit as good.                                                       

I can't choose a favorite, but I know it was composed in their 70s work!

• Like 1

Hump Day!  Still craving a bit more of Alan Parson's so I took the easy way out with his "Best of" LP from 1983.  Could be a "Best of" kinda day since I just thought of one I haven't heard in a long time!  :The Best of Free" from 1974.  

Alan-Parsons-Best-of-1983.jpg

Free-Best-of-1974.jpg

Now what?  Ugh!

When all else fails go to my brother from another mother!  This showed up shipped to me on my porch one day long ago and I have NO idea where it came from.  Forever cherished and only played a few times but today I need that fix!  The only one who could ever do it.  From 1997 The authorized Hendrix Family edition, digitally remastered from the original 2-track mixdown-master tapes. Compiled as a double album on 180g vinyl for the first time.  #3312 of 5000.

Jimi-Hendrix-First-Rays-of-the-New-Risin 

Jimi-Hendrix-First-Rays-of-the-New-Risin

Break time Imma cookin here in the hood!  Sounds fantastic!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Wish you were here flows nicely from one song to another. Unlike most bands they composed the titles seemingly as one whole work. Animals is great too. I could put aside the fact that all of dsotm was played as much as Stairway & Freebird were around here on FM it's every bit as good.                                                       I can't choose a favorite, but I know it was composed in their 70s work!

One can also say that it depends on one’s mood and current circumstances on what album suits them best overall 

And that is the beauty of music 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Full Range said:

One can also say that it depends on one’s mood and current circumstances on what album suits them best overall 

And that is the beauty of music 

Gabriel live has been suiting my needs lately !

as I'm spinning it now !

• Like 3

Yup, being totally worthless today!  Jefferson Starship with "Bless Its Pointed Little Head" recorded at both the Fillmore East & West.  Works for me!

Jeffer-Starship1.jpg

December 1966 was the first time the songwriting duo of Neil Young & Stephen Stills worked together before they hit the big time!  Buffalo Springfield filled the void for many on the West Coast looking for a little folk rock.  

Buffalo-Springfield-Buffalo-Springfield-

J.J. Cale from 1972 with "Really."  Another great one gone too soon.

JJ-Cale-Really-1972.jpg

"Toulouse Street" is the second album by the Doobie Brothers released on July 1, 1972 so it was just in time for the 4th of July and it hit the charts heavy!  Always a go to favorite of mine! They just rock it out!  :)

Doobie-Brothers-Toulouse-Street-Quad-197

• Like 3