Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Ever start nosin and all of a sudden something jumps out at ya?  Yea, you've got most of the albums and you want to just throw them all on and go?  Easy way out for me today was another "Best of" album from 1973.  Randy California grabbed a handful of guys and started jammin in 1967 with hit after hit.  After all, West coast music didn't take long to get to Ohio and corrupt all of us innocent, law-abiding youngins!  So yea I cranked it and found myself singin along.  Sounded even better today than "yesterday!"  :)

Spirit-The-Best-of-1973.jpg

Yup, happened a bit later too!  Grand Funk Hits from 1973.  The group from Flint, Michigan is just a tad closer to home for me.

Grand-Funk-Hits-1973.jpg

• Like 4

DJ moniker?  Hahaha...  There's a bit of a back story there but I won't get into it.  Let's just say I had tons of 45's (all ripped off boxed up for the thieves, a few left though) but the majority of every nickel I made in high school and college went into LP's.  I played the 45's and rarely changed to LP's because 45's were simple to play.  I knew what I liked and what other's liked so that was the deal.  I was the rebel who didn't listen and drove to Detroit to the Roostertail every Sunday evening for teen nite listening to Motown.  I'd roll into a 90% all black venue w/whoever I could drag along.  Sure I had ppl ask what I was doing there but we were all there for one thing.  The music!  I met so many people there it was unreal and today it's totally insane thinking about it.  Barry Gordy knew just as everyone else knew.  It was OUR sound and look where everything went after that.  I still kept collecting, and I'm not gonna sit here and write a novel.  lol  Tons of things happened in my life during and after Motown. 

Funny thing happened a while back.  A kid started playing keyboards about 10-12 years ago and had NO training whatsoever.  Buddies kid and a few others decided they'd form a band.  Never laffed so hard in my life but I heard the kid play his B3 & Leslie with some guys a few weeks ago and he wasn't half bad.  So I decided to tell him he wasn't too bad.  ONLY because I know my buddies kid told him long ago I thought he sucked.  So on break I walked up, shook his hand and told him after all these years he was on it.  He laffed and said, "Well I might be on it but you do know you're a legend with all of the things you've done and the people you know."   I actually laffed my *** off.  Yea, legendary, sure np at all.  hahaha  

Ronnie Montrose could wail with the best of 'em and ya toss Sammy into the mix???  They were BOTH defiant as heck.  If ya told them NO they'd do it just for spite.  Like so many of them.  Last time I saw him was at a smaller venue I think near OSU in Cbus years ago.  Another one gone too soon.

I just throw things on as I find them now.  Loved LS in the day and now it's @ a totally new level so yea, it's fun!  Great seeing everyone posting things I don't have cause I don't have 'em all.  Now I guess it's time to throw some Montrose on!  Thanks for that man!

• Like 2

Could see these guys over and over again and it would be different and fantastic each time. Five times for me and I've heard them do almost all of Zeppelins #4 for their encores.

Yea their rockers I love... but the other almost instrumental tunes, Ann & Nancy included with those instruments I love even more!

IMG-20190824-220835.jpg

They used the backside to post their music too.

• Like 4

Sunday spin after a morning out 

This album is the first solo album by Jon Anderson of YES 

He composed and played almost all the instruments himself and constructed the album on a story to go into space 

A truly amazing album 

Artist - Jon Anderson 

Title - Olias Of Sunhillow 

0BD33DFD-4166-45C9-9F7C-D6A3DACE5564.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fastpuce271 said:

I just recently brought 3 vinyl records.  I cant wait to show case them here, spinning on my turntable....  😀

I have yet to hear them.. Cant wait  😎

Me to 

I can’t wait either 

Take nice photos 🤟

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Haven't heard this in a long while, the airwaves almost literally reeked of this band four decades ago.

*Four decades ago everything around me literally reeked of something too!

Excellent LP!

IMG-20190825-194903.jpg

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Haven't heard this in a long while, the airwaves almost literally reeked of this band four decades ago.

*Four decades ago everything around me literally reeked of something too!

Excellent LP!

IMG-20190825-194903.jpg

They hit the jackpot with that release 

Not bad for country rock 

• Like 2