Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

9 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Lyrics from ’39 ... wonderful 12-string guitar in that song. Listen to the track Good Company and keep in mind that near the end there is a dixieland band sounds ... that’s all Brian May on the guitar!  It was recorded one note at a time!  Amazing piece of work and Roy Thomas Baker did a really good job on that album too. 

Yessirre! I try to put up the not so played hits when I post videos from the LPs.

"Death on Two Legs" was on daytime radio all the time around here back then!!

39 has a tempo and sound that lots of hip youngins have been emulating the past decade or so!

Thought I'd put it on again this morning, so here it is for the inexperienced!

• Like 5

I just got shut down :(

I did make it to the last tune on A, but I'll have to finish in here on youtube. It was a big-time show whenever these guys opened or headlined here... and with Michael Shenker onstage they were the headliner almost every time. In the place where the wrestling was held in the 70s here Mollly Hatchet after their first excellent LP, then Judas Priest opened for UFO at our Park Center across from the Shrine Bowl field.

Progressive

&

HEAVY

IMG-20190907-205733.jpg

• Like 4

It's a lazy evening here, did all the chores except the bathrooms inside and the yard outside this weekend. I'm taking a break, got a belly full of meatballs and mozzerella and man our new ac is putting out 50 something degrees from the vents:) 

ABC store was out of my Single Barrel Rx so I got an alternative I'll try in a little while.

IMG-20190908-195051.jpg

"Weed, Whites and Wine"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

A little cool jazz for a change today 

This collection of artists is a side project of Jazz legend Lee Ritenour 

These talented musicians were session players in the 70s and have contributed to several hundred releases ( probably thousands collectively) for many many bands and artists 

I present the one and only LP release by this collaboration 

Artist - Friendship 

Title - Friendship 

Released 1979

On Ekectra label - 6E-241 

6270DBE5-E6EB-4145-9438-0D5CEE5BE999.thumb.jpeg.98bfb3749417da4f95cf293703d5cc08.jpeg

D40A1358-3908-4117-8CB4-409D734E4E35.thumb.jpeg.88c149ba598c6ac3f81f9473d5c9d689.jpeg

• Like 3

Had a hard time finding that one @Full Range three minutes in... it's fusion well done for sure.

Ha. You put it up while I'm listening!

*Using duckduckgo I finally had to search for friendship band friendship lp. Ritenour has another record called friendship I found out also but not this group of musicians.

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Had a hard time finding that one @Full Range three minutes in... it's fusion well done for sure.

Ha. You put it up while I'm listening!

*Using duckduckgo I finally had to search for friendship band friendship lp. Ritenour has another record called friendship I found out also but not this group of musicians.

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/891903?ev=rb

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Friendship-LP-S-T-Self-Titled-Elektra-6E241-Funk-Breaks-Ernie-Watts-NM/372162267218?_trkparms=aid=555018&algo=PL.SIM&ao=1&asc=20190212102350&meid=2eba60c8ab854a738dbcfacec040d60b&pid=100012&rk=12&rkt=12&sd=223611447170&itm=372162267218&pg=2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100012.m1985&redirect=mobile

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, mustang_flht said:

Hello !
I see that you like the music of the 70s a lot. I ask myself the question for you in the US: do you listen to Krautrock? These are German music. I have a lot of Lps of this kind.

I listen to Kraftwerk from time to time but don’t have any in the LP collection 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hi Full Range !

Kraftwerk is very good

If you want to discover some pearls I can make you listen to extracts from my vinyls:

This one for example Can out in 1970, my Lp vinyl is from 1973 the cover is different from that of 1970. Tell me if you like and I can make you listen to other groups.

i7ix.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, mustang_flht said:

Hi Full Range !

Kraftwerk is very good

If you want to discover some pearls I can make you listen to extracts from my vinyls:

This one for example Can out in 1970, my Lp vinyl is from 1973 the cover is different from that of 1970. Tell me if you like and I can make you listen to other groups.

Im looking into them now 

https://www.discogs.com/artist/17203-Can

You keep spinning your LPs and post on the forum a video if available so I can listen 

PS - I have listened to Neu as well 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, mustang_flht said:

I'm French Full Range, so I do not know if I understood your request. But here is an Lp that I have in my collection for more than forty years: FAUST IV

This section of the forum is a record spinning thread 

We spin / play a record and post details - and we sometimes talk about it 

We may also post a video of a song from that album so the members can get a taste of what you are listening to 

That way we learn and discover new music 

Glad you found us and we are now discovering new music 🎶 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1