Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

@dirtmudd ya going to the dome tomorrow? Your Orangemen aren't going to go home happy.

The guys with the paw prints want payback for the close game last year! Should have made an html copy of the story that looks to have been pulled from tigernet, it might make youse guys seethe, must have to get it pulled off the site.

IMG-20190913-202203.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hello everyone and good lunch time hour to Paul !  Been way to many months since I last posted here..   Enjoying this YES LP of solos via tubes and horns here in LMH this evening...   Here is the cover and ever present wine presentation  🍷DSCN0188.jpg

• Like 4

..............Oh why not.............just took these photos today for the Audiophiliac of youTube fame.  He requested his audience to send in just TWO photos of our vintage stereo gear.   Here is the old PAS-2 as featured....DSCN0187.jpg

• Like 4

:lol:

Love the mono amps set on the "speaker" stands @Tigerman.

That dynakit is as big as some of the speakers I've seen touted as "The Best Ever" in sales flyer "E"s!

I replaced my ruined copy of that record with a cd....... that was a mistake, the timbre of the vocals just isn't there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Currently spinning and enjoying this super album 

It came in the mail yesterday 

I was surprised that it wasn’t in my collection - so I corrected the situation 

Artist - Boz Scaggs 

Title - Silk Degrees 

ID - SBP 234809 

Australian release 1976

25D19342-DB9C-4D35-B1C9-1FE9B36731C3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Busy day yesterday researching and lurking an online auction.  Yes, sportfans these were STOLEN from the "Lil Old Lady in Pasedena" last evening.  Shipping from Florida to Phoenix in their original boxes.  Also picked up a Thorens TD-160 with the original box, which I had to pay for but the price was right on the table too.  So a win-win for the old guy and my pretty lil budding audiophile in Phoenix should be happy.  No sense spending big bucks on an air mobile kid is there?  She'll take my stuff when she's settled and I'm dead and gone!  lol  God help her!  :)

Any ideas on what they are???  They were a no brainer, I HAD to!  lolol

auction-speakers.jpg

auction-speakers1.jpg

They have to be old and they had no pics of the backs soooo...  A guess maybe?  Been all over eBay nosin and no idea.

Thanks for any help.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Busy day yesterday researching and lurking an online auction.  Yes, sportfans these were STOLEN from the "Lil Old Lady in Pasedena" last evening.  Shipping from Florida to Phoenix in their original boxes.  Also picked up a Thorens TD-160 with the original box, which I had to pay for but the price was right on the table too.  So a win-win for the old guy and my pretty lil budding audiophile in Phoenix should be happy.  No sense spending big bucks on an air mobile kid is there?  She'll take my stuff when she's settled and I'm dead and gone!  lol  God help her!  :)

auction-speakers.jpg

auction-speakers1.jpg

They have to be old and they had no pics of the backs soooo...  A guess maybe?  Been all over eBay nosin and no idea.

Thanks for any help.  

13 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Mike would know @dirtmudd

By the look of them I would say Cornwall or Forte 

Now - do you know if the TD 160 is the updated model with the 10mm bearing and chassis treatment?

Klipsch Forte II Audiophile Speakers - $650 (Ithaca)

image 1 of 4

3027.png3027.png3026.png3026.png3028.png3028.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

condition: excellent
make / manufacturer: Klipsch

I am the original owner of these highly sought after 1987 vintage Klispsch Forte II's.
They have been gently used for listening and a home theater. Have been in storage and not used for the last five years. In this condition they sell for more than $800 on Ebay. These need a good home with an audiophile who appreciates unsurpassed fidelity in a speaker.

https://ithaca.craigslist.org/for/d/ithaca-klipsch-forte-ii-audiophile/6978558685.html

• Like 3

On 9/18/2019 at 5:32 PM, dirtmudd said:

By the look of them I would say Cornwall or Forte 

Now - do you know if the TD 160 is the updated model with the 10mm bearing and chassis treatment?

Mike, I hope your right on either model.  Will be the best $55.00 I've spent in a while.  hahahaha 

I'm going to direct ship them to Phoenix and when the kid gets them have her send me a pic of the backs so we'll know then. 

I think I'm going to have the table shipped here mainly because she doesn't have any albums or the money to start collecting them.  No sense sending it there and it not being used only to get beat up when she moves again.  No idea on the table. 

Talked auctioneer today and explained a few things about shipping it.  Taping the arm down, checking to make sure the dust cover would be packed properly, etc but the box should help her w/the packing I'd think.  She told me that would be the first thing she packed up and she'd take her time and put it on the back seat of her car to the UPS place.  Overall, I was quite impressed w/her and the feedback I got.  Guess we'll see what we get when it gets here.  Nope not tellin ya what I paid for it but it was enough.  I just wanted to hear @JohnJ and @billybob moan!  lololol

Who knows til the stuff shows up.

Thanks Mike!

Hmmm, maybe an old Quartet???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Dave1290

Shipping the Thorens TD160 

The Thorens arm is in two pieces 

First remove front section with cartridge and place safely in a box and wrapped in foam

Use an elastic band on the rear part of the arm that is connected to the bearing to the arm rest 

Remove lid and box seperate 

Remove the loose platter and box seperate 

Lift the bearing platter and place foam or styrofoam under it so the bearing sits above the seated position 

Then you tighten the two transport screws on the bottom of the plinth 

FR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

auction-speakers.jpg

auction-speakers1.jpg

Thanks for any help.  

On second thought

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Klipsch Chorus I Speakers in Black

spitfun

•  
  • index.php?PHPSESSID=5ugcfvf5ej6rcnn6t5o6
xx.gif
Klipsch Chorus I Speakers in Black
« on: 7 Feb 2018, 12:21 pm »

This a vintage pair of Chorus I speakers in black from the 80's. The tweeter diaphragms have been upgraded with the Crites titanium versions. Excellent condition. $1000.00 for the pair. Call Rich 313-377-9542 $1000.00 pickup only. (Michigan)
image.php?id=175737

image.php?id=175736

ip.gif Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: ===> For Sale: Speakers & Speaker Stands 

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 27 queries.

Cookies help us provide you a better browsing experience. By using our site, you consent to the use of cookies by us. OK Learn more
  • Like 1