Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

As soon as you mentioned the lil' old lady I knew where you were headed, and it wasn't the Rose Bowl Parade😆

The Thorens? Yea we need pics, but I'm thinking those old Heritage might clean up nicely

Sounds like the shipping could have been the bigger expense in your latest hunt! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Listening to the B side of this Jazz album, loving the music, loving the sound.  I have never really listened to Jazz before but I am so much appreciating the music now.

I have said before that I am a home theatre type of guy that is now loving listening to vinyl.

I would like to thank a well respected person on this forum for directing me to this thread and all of you whom have inspired me from your posts and pictures here to get back into vinyl.

Capture1.PNG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, fastpuce271 said:

Listening to the B side of this Jazz album, loving the music, loving the sound.  I have never really listened to Jazz before but I am so much appreciating the music now.

I have said before that I am a home theatre type of guy that is now loving listening to vinyl.

I would like to thank a well respected person on this forum for directing me to this thread and all of you whom have inspired me from your posts and pictures here to get back into vinyl.

Capture1.PNG

You are in an enviable position. There is such a selection of the past and present jazz until you will be enjoying your time in listening for quite awhile... as you know... thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@JohnJ  Table pics.   Shipping will most definately suck but it always does.  If they'd only swallow once in a while!  Think the table will be fine even though it's been used.  Have to wait and see on that too I guess.  The entire auction looked clean and well taken care of from what I saw so hopefully it's ok.  Makes me wonder where his amp/receiver went now.  I was told it wasn't there soooo who knows.  My fingers ARE crossed though. 

Thorens-3.jpg

Thorens-2.jpg

Thorens-1.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/19/2019 at 4:46 PM, mustang_flht said:

Hi !

I listen to a little Jazz this morning 😋

2w9o.jpg

@mustang_flht

I am listening to 'Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers' now, not on vinyl however 😟.  I have never heard of this band unil now, I am very new to Jazz, very new to music really in the sense of appreciation,  but I realy like the sound of the tracks I have listened to so far.  I find them to be........  very chilled...  😎😎😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I bought this red vinyl not long ago at a famous Spanish seller in Barcelona known for Jazz all over Europe : the name of this shop "JAZZ MESSENGERS" 😋 but I have the CD for a very long time. And then here in France Moanin' is very well known because it was the title of a Jazz program on Europe1 radio 😀

• Like 3

What are the odds that this can happen 

Watched the movie only a few days ago 

And a recent bulk purchase of records arrived with the soundtrack of the movie

Artist - Ennio Morricone 

Title - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

ID - A United Artist release SUAL - 932862

Via Festival Records Australia 

26F2F7D3-6275-49D6-B358-63256AB921AF.jpeg

• Like 5

All I wanna know is was there ever a term for using your two hands cupped together as an instrument like as used for the title music of this movie?

Only thing similar that I can think of is the sound a whiffle ball used to make when you hit it with the bat and made that retarded ball go a good ways.

And @Full Range that looks like a period correct laquered LP!