Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Turn your hands so they oppose each other at 90 degrees, put them together, put the "outside" of your thumbs together. Blow between the gaps of your thumbs and raise/lower the fingers of one hand to make the unique whistling noise that was used for this music The trumpet part finishes it off very nicely and gravel-ly!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I think that is called whistling.  What makes you think that is how it was done?  Was there a documentary?

Because when my hands could do that at 8-12 years old we did that all of the time around here. The same exact sound way before any of us ever saw that Spaghetti Western on a rainy Saturday in B&W!!

Two Mules For Sister Sarah was a great one too, except that few flute notes throughout the film is aggravating to me!

• Like 3

Just now, oldtimer said:

Looks like billybob and I don't have to, possessing a pure natural talent....

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

It's a completely different thing and like when my hands grew and I could not do it anymore it could be individual to each guy.

In the woods or big pastures you could tell who was who by the sound of that "signal"

Strategically used by us as ten year olds. 

Tsk, tsk, tsk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

It's a completely different thing and like when my hands grew and I could not do it anymore it could be individual to each guy.

In the woods or big pastures you could tell who was who by the sound of that "signal"

Strategically used by us as ten year olds. 

Tsk, tsk, tsk

I know what you are talking about, but you will have to prove that the pros did it that way for the soundtracks.  A real whistler can do amazing things.  Now, as for the controversy, my hypothesis is that the Englishman may have whistled it for the cover version, while Andressoni whistled the film version.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Full Range said:

You have good eyes 😎

Yes it’s a 1967 Pressing

Thanks, but not really. It's just that very high gloss sheen in your picture. Seen those a lot here but they're not in good enough shape to play.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1