Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

10 hours ago, Full Range said:

@mustang_flht

I like Joy Division / New Order as well

However I only have one album and that is the “Blue Monday 12” single “ and that is a pity 

I highly recommend that you see the movie 24 Hour Party People 

Ohhh! thank you Full Range (I do not know how to highlight in blue + @), I bought so many records from the Factory, but also from 4AD, Beggars Banquet, Rough Trade and Mute, ......

I did not know this movie, I will look at it with pleasure, yeahhhh !!! 👍

I have other Joy Division records that I bought in 1980: 2x Lp Still, 12 "Atmosphere, 12" Transmission, but I do not have Love Will Tear Us On Apart. I have all LP of New Order until 2001 except Republic: I'll have to find it.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, mustang_flht said:

have other Joy Division records that I bought in 1980: 2x Lp Still, 12 "Atmosphere, 12" Transmission, but I do not have Love Will Tear Us Apart. I have all LP of New Order until 2001 except Republic: I'll have to find it.

What a great collection 

Yes you must find it to complete it 

39 minutes ago, mustang_flht said:

I'll have to find it.

I have been doing that in my collection for a few years now 

Filling in holes in the collection can be hazardous to my wallet as well 😃

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Earlier I mentioned that I will look through the movie tunes or soundtrack part of the collection 

Found this little compilation gem that is very well recorded 

See back cover photo for track list 

Artist - Various but performed by The Royal Grand Orchestra 

Title - Golden Screen Themes 

Released by Colombia in 1969 

ID - SOEX 9620   

71F4E044-DE01-4E3D-93C1-FE06A0417E34.thumb.jpeg.99b5995e842e8e75583227d75a5089e7.jpeg

747F3981-DC62-4E4E-A9E3-3C3A68B7A682.thumb.jpeg.cc3c397c86898d6d1710d786321d823d.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Not the same as your movie music, but I heard Dean Martin singing "That's Amore" before I walked inside earlier. He really could sing and she had the supers cranked up for the beginning of  "Moonstruck". It's full of cheery Mediterranean sounding stuff!

• Like 3

Alright Mike nice 1974, how about this stuff from 2008. Might confuse a couple of folks here tonight! Love Aerosmith's first five no doubt about it!

Got a wonderful sounding album right here to carry me for a while this eve.

IMG-20191001-193011.jpg

Thanks again Bud!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Aero was my first favorite band from about jr high on, saw them for the "Rocks" tour and the next four after that. Got worn out with Phil's solo stuff in the 80s.

This LP is a trip to somewhere else... not a bad quality vid above kick back like my day off today @oldtimer and give it a shot, it's well composed and well done!

Not my run of the mill normal stuff but I haven't done normal for decades now!

• Like 4

On 9/27/2019 at 8:19 PM, Dave1290 said:

Kinda nice when ya start and all of a sudden things just start falling into place like ya knew what you were doin!  lol  Well, kinda maybe!

Peter_Gabriel.jpg

genesis_-_secconds_out.jpg

Electric-Prunes-Too-Much-to-Dream.jpg

hendrix.jpg

Not picking on you but, I had too much to dream last nite...Still have one LP of their...coolish man

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

FINALLY got the auction gear tracked down today.  Still am clueless on what the speakers are.  The bill showed 45# each box and Heresey's are 37# but they can't be Heresey's.  Didn't have the boxes the auctioneer told me so UPS reboxed them.  Begged the lady @ UPS who was packing them to take her time and please follow the youtube video on packing the table.  Guess we'll see soon enough now.  Local LF from here is heading from her home here to her Florida home Sunday.  I mentioned stopping on the way and picking stuff up last week and just bringing it back up @ Christmas.  Kind of got a nose wrinkle so just had it shipped here.  A case of wine and she'd prolly stop but never thought of that.  Been spinning all afternoon and evening.  Poor @oldtimer is NOT gonna like my plays!  Will throw them up tomorrow since I'm heading for the crib soon.  There's your update!  Was sitting here thinking about all of us opening our own radio station like WKRP in Cincinnati.  Hahaha!

• Like 2

Werkin hard here making room...  Love puttin the shuffle on LP's.  Stuff I haven't listened to in years.  Bach, Chopin, you name it!  Need a couple more tubs and I'll be able to FIND things MAYBE!  Course I could put that OTHER shelf up that's standing in the garage.  hahaha  So it's moosic to shuffle things around by!   :)

Supertramp-Crisis.jpg

Molly_Hatchet-Beatin_the_Odds.jpg

Rolling-Stones-Some-Girls.jpg

Cat-Stevens-Tea-For-the-Tillerman.jpg

cat_stevens.jpg

• Like 4

Geeze @Dave1290 you've still got a lot of good ones!

That radio station believe you mentioned 😍 if I could fund it, or if we could get a sponsorship to stream it under the Klipsch name?

Truly think it would pull in a profit the first quarter and be a cash cow before the end of that first year.

None of the great stuff gets any playtime now!

"Rock On"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

By golly that's a great song too brother!  :)  Sirrius ain't got nuttin on us!!!  Just let all those big boys stream that run.  We'll ALL just sit back and enjoy a nice tite Cuban cigar w/our feet up admiring the Swedish Bikini Team on our own lil island!  Wait...  How about buying New Zealand?   :)

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Geeze @Dave1290 you've still got a lot of good ones!

That radio station believe you mentioned 😍 if I could fund it, or if we could get a sponsorship to stream it under the Klipsch name?

Truly think it would pull in a profit the first quarter and be a cash cow before the end of that first year.

None of the great stuff gets any playtime now!

"Rock On"

Rock on Ohh my Soul 

Still looking for those blue jeans 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1