Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

@billybob

Rain on you all day yesterday like it did up here?

You obviously didn't lose power... killer session you shared with us.

Yes this place is field tested for storms...Rained through Friday night and squalls of wind and rain yesterday. Mowing the lawn here next week and then mothballing mower. Sunshine one minute and heavy rain the next... Pretty much a non-event here. Friend was around for a class reunion for his HS year.

Drank a couple of Miller Lite on him at the local swing club for my recent birthday. Watching the Kanas NASCAR race at the moment... enjoy your weather... October has been cooling so far.

6 weeks ago we had the local flooding with 31+ inches of rain.

May have gotten 5 recently.

A year ago was Hurricane Michael...😊

• Like 3

Have not listened to this as a whole record in decades.... just not "partaking" in rainy day afternoons at someones house jamming and expanding....

From my favorite record-maker _ no one makes consistently dead quiet backgrounds and excellent sound on so many that I've heard, some in the worst states possible.

This is full of genuine emotion and great writing/composing.    Devoid of over-zealous editing.    Simply Good Music with a Southern Twang!

IMG-20191021-181956.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Calling for rain and 30 mph winds with dropping temps around here.   Soooo, a Lil World Series action on the tv and these boys cookin hot and hard this evening.

Hourglass began as an RnB group released their first LP in 1967.  Mmmmm nope, nothing going chart wise hence the beginning of The Allman Brothers.  The rest is history!

Hourglass.jpg

The Best of Duane Allman is a 1979 release on Polydor Records

DuaneAllman-Best_of.jpg

I'm not a big fan of live albums yet most are exceptional IF the mix is right.  Factor in a 2-LP?  Usually a double UGH as was this one from 1976!  Yup, it was too. just didn't come off as well as their 1971 "At Fillmore East."   All that aside, "Wipe the Windows,  Check the Oil, Dollar Gas" is it for me when I want a change.  It's the way it was and it's also they way they were!

allman_brothers.jpg

• Like 2

On 10/21/2019 at 6:34 PM, JohnJ said:

Have not listened to this as a whole record in decades.... just not "partaking" in rainy day afternoons at someones house jamming and expanding....

From my favorite record-maker _ no one makes consistently dead quiet backgrounds and excellent sound on so many that I've heard, some in the worst states possible.

This is full of genuine emotion and great writing/composing.    Devoid of over-zealous editing.    Simply Good Music with a Southern Twang!

IMG-20191021-181956.jpg

Sing songs from the lp all of time

Tightrope&..."sitting side the highway...in a broken van. .. thinking of you again.  Guess I'll have to hitchike.  "

Nice...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Tightrope&..."sitting side the highway...in a broken van. .. thinking of you again.  Guess I'll have to hitchike.  "

Nice...

and, of course..."She was the queen of the ROLLER DERBY!'''and many other greats by Leon...wonderful album! BTW, the very first concert I ever went to IN ARKANSAS, was the Leon Russell Show right after Carney had been released!  FANTASTIC SHOW, too!  I had visited California cousins a couple of years earlier, though...Winterland...Fillmore West....lots of fun!  Saw/heard some really great folks/bands there...mid-summer of '68...early summer of "69...both sides of my Sophomore year in High school!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, HDBRbuilder said:

YEP..."Hank WIlson's Back"...another great Leon album!   And the album Leon and Willie Nelson did together, too!...along with its follow-on tour!!  Great stuff!

Dang, spot on...

Always like Lost in the wood s

SweetHomeChicago

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Nice...

* as music crazed teenage boys, on the cutting-edge of the newest music, I was on vacation with my buddies family in Grove, Oklahoma (Grand Lake). We were just leaving a convenience/gas station/restaurant/meeting place (hey it’s Grove, OK) when in walks Leon, looking his typical scruffy self. We look at each other, liked to shitt ourselves, mumbled a “Hey” to Leon and got a mumbled “Hey” back. He cruised NE OK a lot in the late sixties, early seventies— 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3