Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

A perfect Sunday morning spin Aussie time 

Many have voted this album the bands best release and I agree that it’s exceptional 

But my sentimental heart always goes back to Nursery Cryme 

Artist - Genesis

Title - Selling England By The Pound 

ID - Charisma label CAS 1074 

UK First press 1973

BCC97892-8D2D-4561-97E7-64DD6D1826CD.jpeg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Full Range said:

A perfect Sunday morning spin Aussie time 

Many have voted this album the bands best release and I agree that it’s exceptional 

But my sentimental heart always goes back to Nursery Cryme 

Artist - Genesis

Title - Selling England By The Pound 

ID - Charisma label CAS 1074 

UK First press 1973

BCC97892-8D2D-4561-97E7-64DD6D1826CD.jpeg

• Like 2

This is the perfect Sunday night album 🤪

Well I think so 

I remember going in to buy this album at Tyrrells recordland Newcastle 

Still a favourite ambient album to this day 

I needed to get it because I owned and loved the earlier album Another Green World 

Artist - Brian Eno

Title - Before And After Science 

12B0ED58-53F5-41E2-B467-8A7E87067CB4.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Brian Eno "Before and after science", I have this album since the 70's. I had the small table included in the wallet displayed on the walls of my teenager's room: what good memories 😋

My version is a French pressing, note the internal pocket with the advertising of the records of a great French singer: Mr Serge Reggiani

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serge_Reggiani

21pa.jpg

1w7n.jpg

😎

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My little brother just blew me away. A friend of his that used to live out west and went to Red Rocks concerts in the 70s just stopped by his place and dropped off four homemade boxes. Slats look like 3/4 plywood.  Not a mid-life crisis like I thought to ask him if that's what it's about. Just changing things, and wife wants the room. Did not want to sell or throw the boxes away. My brother is getting close to 50 now and his friend is a few years older like me.

He doesn't listen to anything but that Christian-pop yuck. He wants me to help him find any valuables in there like a White Album that comes with a 45 rpm inside of it. Think what I've collected would fill only two of those. He mentioned "Don't Mess Around with Jim" (Croce) CSNY, Buffalo Springfield, Phil Collins, Derek & the Dominos + a lot of Clapton, Clockwork Orange, Tchaikovsky, In the Court of the.... , Grace & Paul Kantner somebody!! and more. Said they were in great shape... but I'm sure he only looked at the covers, but that could be telling.

Note the length is longer than his 24" level at about 28" Not sure when he'll be up with the delivery but youse guys would be the second to know after the closest neighbors to the north.

IMG-20191103-204816-01.jpg

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

My little brother just blew me away. A friend of his that used to live out west and went to Red Rocks concerts in the 70s just stopped by his place and dropped off four homemade boxes. Slats look like 3/4 plywood.  Not a mid-life crisis like I thought to ask him if that's what it's about. Just changing things, and wife wants the room. Did not want to sell or throw the boxes away. My brother is getting close to 50 now and his friend is a few years older like me.

He doesn't listen to anything but that Christian-pop yuck. He wants me to help him find any valuables in there like a White Album that comes with a 45 rpm inside of it. Think what I've collected would fill only two of those. He mentioned "Don't Mess Around with Jim" (Croce) CSNY, Buffalo Springfield, Phil Collins, Derek & the Dominos + a lot of Clapton, Clockwork Orange, Tchaikovsky, In the Court of the.... , Grace & Paul Kantner somebody!! and more. Said they were in great shape... but I'm sure he only looked at the covers, but that could be telling.

Note the length is longer than his 24" level at about 28" Not sure when he'll be up with the delivery but youse guys would be the second to know after the closest neighbors to the north.

IMG-20191103-204816-01.jpg

North where ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Full Range said:

So today I got the urge to play me some Marillion 

Artist - Marillion

Title - Misplaced Childhood 

88D1EF60-273B-4094-AFDE-82C42C2FE142.jpeg

ast night you said I was cold, untouchable
A lonely piece of action from another town
I just want to be free, I'm happy to be lonely
Can't you stay away?
Just leave me alone with my thoughts
Just a runaway, just a runaway, I'm saving myself
Strung out below a necklace of carnival lights
Cold moan, held on the crest of the night
I'm too tired to fight
So now we're passing strangers, at single tables
Still trying to get over, still trying to write love songs for passing strangers
All those passing strangers
And the twinkling lies, all those twinkling lies
Sparkle with the wet ink on the paper
Oh I remember Toronto when mylo went down
And we sat and we cried on the phone
I never felt so alone
He was the first of our own
Some of us go down in a blaze of obscurity
Some of us go down in a haze of publicity
The price of infamy, the edge of insanity
Another holiday inn, another temporary home
And an interviewer threatened me with a microphone
'talk to me, won't you tell me your stories.'
So I talked about conscience and I talked about pain
And he looked out the window and it started to rain
I thought maybe I've already gone crazy
So I reached for a bottle and he reached for the door
And I picked up the sleeping pills crushed on the floor
Inviting me to a casual obscenity
It would be incredible if we could retrace all the times that we lived here
All the collisions
Wasted, I've never been so wasted
I've never been this far out before
Perimeter walk
There's a presence here
I feel could have been ancient, I could have been mystical
There's a presence
A childhood, my childhood
My childhood, childhood
A misplaced childhood
My childhood, a misplaced childhood
Give it back to me, give it back to me
A childhood, that childhood, that childhood, that childhood, that childhood
Oh please give it back to me
I saw a war widow in a launderette
Washing the memories from her husband's clothes
She had medals pinned to a threadbare greatcoat
A lump in her throat with cemetery eyes
I see convoys curbcrawling west german autobahns
Trying to pick up a war
They're going to even the score
Oh... I can't take any more
I see black flags on factories
Soup ladies poised on the lips of the poor
I see children with vacant stares, destined for rape in the alleyways
Does anybody care, I can't take any more!
Should we say goodbye?
Hey
I see priests, politicians?
The heroes in black plastic body-bags under nations' flags
I see children pleading with outstretched hands, drenched in napalm, this is no vietnam
I can't take any more, should we say goodbye
How can we justify?
They call us civilised!
  • Like 3

I'm just hangin and thunkin.  Nosin in some auction stuff lately but nuttin really interests me so we're back into the money hoarding mode!  Had to shoot the Schiit Mani boys an email.  Developed a hum and isolated it to the Mani.  It's going back soon since they said they'd take a look at it.  Thinkin about a Puffin now since I opted for the cheaper Mani initially.  Sounded fine then boom it wasn't as bright on the high end as it should have been.  So we'll see what they say.  They were nice enough to give me all of these problem-solving hints though.  hahaha  Sure I checked them allllll out too and the hum is still there.  Seriously?  It's possible the cart is puking on the Linn though but the Mani is the easiest starting point.  Might just order a Puffin.  Now I'm going back into my little padded cell...  hahahaha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

I'm just hangin and thunkin.  Nosin in some auction stuff lately but nuttin really interests me so we're back into the money hoarding mode!  Had to shoot the Schiit Mani boys an email.  Developed a hum and isolated it to the Mani.  It's going back soon since they said they'd take a look at it.  Thinkin about a Puffin now since I opted for the cheaper Mani initially.  Sounded fine then boom it wasn't as bright on the high end as it should have been.  So we'll see what they say.  They were nice enough to give me all of these problem-solving hints though.  hahaha  Sure I checked them allllll out too and the hum is still there.  Seriously?  It's possible the cart is puking on the Linn though but the Mani is the easiest starting point.  Might just order a Puffin.  Now I'm going back into my little padded cell...  hahahaha

I own a puffin now - it’s a preloved unit - and it’s a recent purchase that is pretty good to my ears so far 

Performance wise the puffin will fall in between a Mani and the IFi 2

• Like 2