Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Hey Mike you put that up after I found it myself and had it going!

Paul they go for the orchestrated and layered sound like YES (first to my mind) utilized a lot. Synthesizers were starting to get big then. Third song I think... his voice reminded me of Freddy Mercury for a bit. This was done in a good studio no doubt. The drummer is a serious mathematician!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Hey Mike you put that up after I found it myself and had it going!

Paul they go for the orchestrated and layered sound like YES (first to my mind) utilized a lot. Synthesizers were starting to get big then. Third song I think... his voice reminded me of Freddy Mercury for a bit. This was done in a good studio no doubt. The drummer is a serious mathematician!!

The drummer Andy McCulloch was with King Crimson on the Lizard album 

And he was with Greg Lake with another band I think It was a short lived Sky Limbs 

• Thanks 3

Okies the Mani is on the way to Cali and should be there Friday so we'll see what happens.  Plugged in an old CD player and just slipped in Floyd's Wish you were Here.  It's spins and I have sound so that works I guess.  Ugh!  Now sittin here toyin w/the idea of streaming again only because, as we all know, I'm worthless!  I'd be sooo pathetic w/an ipad full of good stuff just pushin buttons.  Can always go into the up and down mode of albums too!   Ok, back to reality!     :)  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hope that pre gets worked out for ya Dave.

Ever buy a double album that only has three sides? Twice in the last couple a years that's happened to me. This band put an etch on the blank fourth side, not as clear in the picture but it's a wolf.

IMG-20191113-203142.jpg

IMG-20191113-203406.jpg

If you love Southern Rock you'll know how refreshing it was to see the tv special with these guys a few years back. Was going to put up "Medicate My Mind" but this struck my fancy just now.

Blackberry Smoke "Up on Cripple Creek"

Play that one through... "Deep Elum Blues" follows with Billy doing some pickin'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Patience is a virtue?  Nosin last nite and found an auction.  Some staging/production company unloading EVERYthing.  Scaffolding, portable stages, road boxes and so much gear I don't know where to start.  EQ's, Synths, Senn mics, Mackie amps, and speakers out the ying yang.  Even a 5' Coors tap bar.  Everything is pickup only so no shipping.  Then there it was with my name all over it.  Leftovers in a different color it seems.  Panels to hang or spending big money on prefab junk?  I'm ALL over this one unless it's goes nuts price wise.  $21 now isn't too bad is it?

Approx. 15 yards of Inherently flame-proof theatre fabric, Rose Brand certified

drape.jpg

• Thanks 2

Last week I had this album as an eBay watch item - slipped my mind and time passed 
Anyway I got an offer via eBay to purchase at 40% off - that equated to $15 + shipping for a brand new sealed album 

It’s a 2003 European reissue and remastered  pressing 

Score 👌

Artist - Genesis 

Title - Trespass 

https://www.discogs.com/Genesis-Trespass/release/4663595

CF5-D04-D8-1000-41-FC-8-A0-C-2-BE5-C6-ED

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 11/14/2019 at 12:28 PM, Dave1290 said:

Patience is a virtue?  Nosin last nite and found an auction.  Some staging/production company unloading EVERYthing.  Scaffolding, portable stages, road boxes and so much gear I don't know where to start.  EQ's, Synths, Senn mics, Mackie amps, and speakers out the ying yang.  Even a 5' Coors tap bar.  Everything is pickup only so no shipping.  Then there it was with my name all over it.  Leftovers in a different color it seems.  Panels to hang or spending big money on prefab junk?  I'm ALL over this one unless it's goes nuts price wise.  $21 now isn't too bad is it?

Approx. 15 yards of Inherently flame-proof theatre fabric, Rose Brand certified

drape.jpg

Yes man, never to careful with that smoking music spinning...sudden flameouts possible... going to put a gallon of flame retardent beside me easy chair...thanks

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, billybob said:

Yes man, never to careful with that smoking music spinning...sudden flameouts possible... going to put a gallon of flame retardent beside me easy chair...thanks

Don't know how this "vision" is gonna work now.  That roll looks 4' x 45' +- .  Might not be enough to do what I want to do but at the price of that stuff it's gonna have to work.  I did find another precut section of AMC theater black velour drape already cut as another lot, which I think would cover the back wall.  Talked w/a LF this afternoon who has done tons of plays and teaches English/Drama at a nearby Uni.  She said it's usually very thin and thought that entire roll of the blue would only weigh about 20#.  The black velour is usually a bit heavier but not much she said.  Now I'm concerned that if I build panels out of 1x4 and fill them w/sound absorbing stuff it may show thru the material.  Then something on the rear too.  Saw some muslin in there too soooo maybe.  I want these things light.  Thunkin and the LF is laffin at me!  lol  Couple Furman Power conditioners there too so I'm thunkin on those.  My head hurts!  Time to get a shower and go check out jam night for a while I think.  lol  

• Thanks 2

Sure the LF is good to go... with.

Would have to chime in here to say, that is what ambient lighting is for. Do not look a day over 50 here when shown in the right amount of light... sure your Royal

Blue effect will go along way in creating a new presentation...

Is she attached?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Listening to some evening radio last night and the disc jockeys were announcing that it was Neil Young’s birthday 

Think he is now 74yo 

So what is an audiophile to do 

Listen to ones albums in the collection 

Artist - Neil Percival Young 

Titles - On The Beach - Harvest - Comes A Time - After The Goldrush 

73850-D00-DC27-4-F75-B2-C7-063-F55420-CF

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, billybob said:

Sure the LF is good to go... with.

Would have to chime in here to say, that is what ambient lighting is for. Do not look a day over 50 here when shown in the right amount of light... sure your Royal

Blue effect will go along way in creating a new presentation...

Is she attached?

Nope!  Do me a favor cause she drives me absolutely insane.  She has her doctorate and has totally lost all common sense!  Talk about over-thinking everything?  She makes me look like a Mama's boy!

2 hours ago, Full Range said:

So what is an audiophile to do 

Listen to ones albums in the collection

All four are great too!  Cut that Blackbird loose!  

• Haha 3

On 14/11/2019 at 03:13, JohnJ said:

J'espère que ça se prépare pour toi Dave.

Avez-vous déjà acheté un double album qui n’a que trois faces? Deux fois ces dernières années, cela m'est arrivé. Cette bande a mis une gravure sur le quatrième côté vierge, pas aussi clair sur l'image mais c'est un loup.

IMG-20191113-203142.jpg

IMG-20191113-203406.jpg

Yes, I also had a QOTSA album with 3 sides and an engraving on the 4th

• Like 4

Boston is the debut studio album by American rock band Boston. Produced by Tom Scholz and John Boylan,[1] the album was released on August 25, 1976, in the United States by Epic Records. Scholz had studied classical piano in his childhood and became involved in the Boston music scene in the late 1960s. He subsequently started to concentrate on demos recorded in his apartment basement with singer Brad Delp, and although their previous group, Mother's Milk, had received numerous rejection letters from major record labels in the early 1970s, by 1975, the demo tape had fallen into the hands of CBS-owned Epic Records, who signed them.

Boston
BostonBoston.jpg
Studio album by 
Released August 25, 1976
Recorded October 1975 – April 1976
Studio
Genre Hard rock
Length 37:41
Label Epic
Producer
Boston chronology
  Boston
(1976)
Don't Look Back
(1978)

Singles from Boston
  1. "More Than a Feeling"
    Released: September 18, 1976
  2. "Long Time"
    Released: January 7, 1977
  3. "Peace of Mind"
    Released: April 1977

Epic wanted the band to record in Los Angeles with a record producer, but Scholz was unwilling and wanted to record the album in his basement studio, so he hired Boylan to run interference with the label. In an elaborate ruse, Scholz tricked the label into thinking the band was recording on the West Coast, when in reality, the bulk was being tracked solely by Scholz at his Massachusetts home. The album's contents are a complete recreation of the band's demo tape, and contain songs written and composed many years prior. The album's style, often referred to as the "Boston sound", was developed through Scholz's love of classical music, melodic hooks and guitar-heavy rock groups such as the Kinks and the Yardbirds, as well as a number of analogue electronic effects developed by Scholz in his home studio. Scholz would later found Scholz Research & Development, Inc. to market many of his inventions that he used in developing the sound on the album.

The album was released by Epic in August 1976 and sold extremely well, breaking sales records, becoming the best-selling debut album in the US at the time, and winning the RIAA Century Award as best selling debut album.[2] The album's singles, most notably "More Than a Feeling" and "Long Time", were both AM and FM hits, and nearly the entire album receives constant rotation on classic rock radio. The album has been referred to as a landmark in 1970s rock and has been included on many lists of essential albums. The album has sold 17 million copies in the United States alone and 25 million worldwide.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Draw the Line is the fifth studio album by American hard rock band Aerosmith, released December 9, 1977. It was recorded in an abandoned convent near New York City.[1] The portrait of the band on the album cover was drawn by the celebrity caricaturist Al Hirschfeld. Although the official website for Aerosmith lists the release date for Draw the Line as December 1, 1977, the album was released on December 9, 1977[2] and entered the music charts on December 24, 1977.[3]

Draw the Line
AerosmithDrawtheLinealbumcover.jpg
Cover art by Al Hirschfeld
Studio album by 
Released December 9, 1977
Recorded June–October 1977
Studio The Cenacle, Armonk, New York with the Record Plant Mobile,
The Record Plant, New York City
Genre
Length 35:14
Label Columbia
Producer Jack Douglas, Aerosmith, David Krebs, Steve Leber
Aerosmith chronology
Rocks
(1976)
Draw the Line
(1977)
Night in the Ruts
(1979)

Singles from Draw the Line
  1. "Draw the Line"
    Released: October 6, 1977
  2. "Kings and Queens"
    Released: February 21, 1978
  3. "Get It Up" what oldtimer can't do !
    Released: 1978

Contents

BackgroundEdit

By 1977, Aerosmith had released four studio albums, the two most recent - Toys in the Attic (1975) and Rocks (1976) - catapulting the band to stardom. However, as the band began recording its next album, Draw the Line, their excessive lifestyle, combined with constant touring and drug use, began to take its toll. "Draw the Line was untogether because we weren't a cohesive unit anymore," guitarist Joe Perry admitted in the Stephen Davis band memoir Walk This Way. "We were drug addicts dabbling in music, rather than musicians dabbling in drugs.[4] Although the LP would sell well more than a million copies in fewer than six weeks after its release, in 2014 Perry would refer to it as "the beginning of the end" and "the decay of our artistry..."[5]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Genre---Hard Rock

LOL.

I was thinking of pointing the exact thing, they were like Journey's east coast bookend!

Then our power went out...... and the pc was in the middle of updating unbeknownst to me:huh:

Revived the pc... blocked third party cookies again, wtf does msft flip that switch every time (insert mad as he11 smiley)

@dirtmudd

I did tell you in a roundabout way that my NA group had a couple of incognito visitors one Saturday night prior to a teddy & aero show here?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Not only a top 3 favourite Prog album it’s also one of the first albums that I purchased 

Played it 3 times already 

My speakers just love it 

Artist - King Crimson

Title - In The Court Of The Crimson King 

Also one of the most iconic covers ever imagined 

36021-AEB-B93-A-4-D35-943-E-B4836117-D71

91-EC02-C2-16-AD-4-DB6-BC2-E-A42-C992733

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2