Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

11 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I was thinking of pointing the exact thing, they were like Journey's east coast bookend!

Then our power went out...... and the pc was in the middle of updating unbeknownst to me:huh:

Revived the pc... blocked third party cookies again, wtf does msft flip that switch every time (insert mad as he11 smiley)

@dirtmudd

I did tell you in a roundabout way that my NA group had a couple of incognito visitors one Saturday night prior to a teddy & aero show here?

The toxic twins

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Full Range said:

Not only a top 3 favourite Prog album it’s also one of the first albums that I purchased 

Played it 3 times already 

My speakers just love it 

Artist - King Crimson

Title - In The Court Of The Crimson King 

Also one of the most iconic covers ever imagined 

36021-AEB-B93-A-4-D35-943-E-B4836117-D71

91-EC02-C2-16-AD-4-DB6-BC2-E-A42-C992733

Hi Full Range,

I love your English turntable with this beautiful tangential arm and your filter is 😍 

Have this King Crimson, but on CD: pouark!  😕 I would like so much to have the LP like you 😋

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mustang_flht said:

Hi Full Range,

I love your English turntable with this beautiful tangential arm and your filter is 😍 

Have this King Crimson, but on CD: pouark!  😕 I would like so much to have the LP like you 😋

Many thanks 👍🏼
As you are from France you should find plenty of Garrard TTs just over the channel in England 

And the Terminator tonearm is from England as well @ TrasnFi audio 

I have a build thread on the filter ( crossover ) 

Also listening tests if you have time to read it 

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/149952-a-crossover-design-on-single-exposed-board/

• Thanks 2

Hi Full Range,

Yes I love the Garard 401 & 301, one day maybe I could have one 😍

I read your post "A Crossover Design on Single Exposed Board" it is very interesting and I congratulate you for this beautiful construction. Funny thing, I also put the second capacitor of my tweeter B & C DE120 to 8μF: 

My favorite album of Mike Oldfield is Amarok, but I can not find it in Vinyl, I only find the CD.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mike+oldfield+amarok&oq=mike+oldfield+amarok&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.6145j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Like 4

Clarinet is my favoured instrument for jazz as it exudes more feeling from the breath 

This album is just a delightful listen 

Artist - Various ( Golden Hour )

Acker Bilk, Sandy Brown, Tony Coe, Wally Fawkes, Terry Lightfoot, Archie Semple, Monty Sunshine 

Title - Clarinet Jazz Giants

3-FC9-F123-352-F-4478-9-A56-47730-D5905-

•  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, billybob said:

In the court of the crimson king, would think by now could have a re-release @Full Range

Don’t think it’s been out of the production / release cycle in its 50 years of existence 

New book out now 

https://burningshed.com/sid-smith_in-the-court-of-king-crimson_book

Sid Smith’s In The Court Of King Crimson: An Observation Over 50 Years traces King Crimson’s career from the 1960s underground scene to the present day, featuring interviews with all the principal musicians and people associated with the band, a track by track analysis of studio output and an extensive annotated gigography.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Before CD compilations we had double LP albums or sometimes triple LP albums 

This is an excellent example of a King Crimson compilation album that was also aptly named 

Artist - King Crimson 

Title - The Young Persons Guide To King Crimson 

5279474-A-DBA3-41-EC-A469-32403-EF6442-C

199-A6-E58-39-EE-42-E8-9-C0-D-D1-EF0412-

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3