Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

i tried this the other night and didn't love it. I love the music. Sounded a little flat to me compared to the other stuff I have been listening to.   Like I could be listening to the digital and be just as happy.  Enjoying it a bit more this evening.  go figure

thorens 160, jelco 850, denon103

IMG_1450.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Now spinning

I'm turning up that jungle music

1 minute ago, dirtmudd said:

Is from Syracuse...

Drive west on Sunset
To the sea
Turn that jungle music down
Just until we're out of town
This is no one night stand
It's a real occasion
Close your eyes and you'll be there
It's everything they say
The end of a perfect day
Distant lights from across the bay
Babylon sisters shake it
Babylon sisters shake it
So fine so young
Tell me I'm the only one
Here come those Santa Ana winds again
We'll jog with show folk on the sand
Drink kirschwasser from a shell
San Francisco show and tell
Well I should know by now
That it's just a spasm
Like a Sunday in T.J.
That it's cheap but it's not free
That I'm not what I used to be
And that love's not a game for three
Babylon sisters shake it
Babylon sisters
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

She is a funky goddess! Heard loads of her stuff and had an unofficial light blue compilation at one time that I loved.

I did catch myself up above:wacko:

For the youngsters:

In the late 1970s and early 80s young men in the USA looking for "action" had to go across town, downtown, uptown, next town whatever with loads of money (about 60 to 80 plus each outing) for gas to get there, drinks, hotel etc.

I'd rather dance to Grinderswitch or Judas Priest but these tunes by that woman could just get into you and stick..... as of now for 40 years.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, guf said:

i tried this the other night and didn't love it. I love the music. Sounded a little flat to me compared to the other stuff I have been listening to.   Like I could be listening to the digital and be just as happy.  Enjoying it a bit more this evening.  go figure

thorens 160, jelco 850, denon103

IMG_1450.jpg

Vinyl nirvana table ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good evening my friends.  I know it has been an AGE since I played some vinyl to post here.  I think Mike took my lead and ran with it!!   So, I am over in RTM on this Sunday evening and enjoying some music on a work night...  Now playing...........a re-issue of VERY good quality pressing.DSCN0001.jpg

• Like 4

...Since my last time here, I changed out my Klipsch Reference Premiers for a trusty sub/satellite system of good quality bought back in the 90ies...   So, with the Marantz AVR in 2 CH. mode, this is the right channel of a 2.2 system.  A Pinnacle (made in New York!) AC-500 on a Wood Technology stand with the Pinnacle DS-350 Subwoofer behind it.  The twin subwoofers feature TWO 12" drivers in a compound enclosure arrangement, one right behind the other.  The amp is a continuously rated at 350 watts.   They are crossed over by the Marantz xover management system at 100 Hz. to meet up with the bookshelf speakers...DSCN0003.jpg

• Like 3

Well, on the last track and it is 11pm. here in the states, so with that, I am headed off to bed.  Been good to be back here with the vinyl group..   Until next time, good night, good day to everyone -_-  ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 3