Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

8 hours ago, JohnJ said:

He could be passing out a bucket deal like @Dave1290 got!

Yea, well the bucket deal was really at his discretion, which kinda irked me.  If he had 2 or 3 of the same LP I just pulled them all out and put them in my pile so he'd take the pile to look at it .  That's cool, he's stacking them up for me and nosin.  Then outta the blue he says, "I see what you're doing.  You're planning on selling these other LP's aren't you?"  I said nope, I'm playing beat the clock here and I'm gonna sort thru and get the best copies if I have time left"  So he decided to do that for me I guess cause I only had one when I left.  Then he snagged some he missed and put them in a couple "keeper" totes he had sitting there.   Grrrrrr... 

I missed soo much jazz and blues cause I just passed them by playing his stupid beat the clock game.  The next guy he had coming in he knew and when I called him back about going back down  he told me he took the majority of the blues and jazz and a lot of the rock I didn't take.  I was trying to buy his "keeper totes" but he had them covered w/towels and wouldn't discuss it.  He did call me about a month later and wanted to sell me what he had left.  Noope sorry buddy.   Decent guy but I'm sitting there spending hundreds and he's saving them for a buddy?  Take MY money fool!  hahahaha

Good luck w/your brother's stuff.  I just don't know where I'd start with mine if I ever decided to sell them all.  Ugh.  Don't think I could.

I don't hear anything on my Mani this week I'm gonna own a Puffin I do know that!  Grrrrrr

• Like 3

Heading into the 80s now with the 11th album 

They came back with a great album after trying to break into the American market and punk music 

Then new American band’s copied the formula to great success 

Artist - Slade 

Title - The Amazing Kamikaze Syndrome 

271-EF370-D8-A6-416-D-B516-E2511423-CEBB

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Think you're totally out of the house and down the road a ways from being a secret Slade fan now Paul🤸

Yep I’m out of the closet now - but I promise you ! Only one more LP to go unless I replace a missing Slade Alive album on the next record fare 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave1290 said:

The Schitt boy''s must have heard me taking their name in vain...  Repaired and shipped today sooo we shall see...  Couple new LP's today and nothing to play them on.  Sheesh!  Been LOST here and sick of listening to sterile CD's.    :)

Sometimes it’s good to hear a CD just to go back to vinyl and say YES that listening to vinyl is so much better 

• Like 1

This is the last Slade album in the collection but still in the 80s 

The band added some keyboards to the formula in this release but not everyone liked it 

But my take is that a band needs to move forward or they go stale so this is an underrated sleeper album that you need to listen to a few time to get the essence 

Artist - Slade

Title - Rogues Gallery 

372-E59-D8-5-AC7-4224-8-E81-08-F62-C63-B

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Someone mentioned YES?

Got an original regular LP and a mfsl cd (mostly for the ride) and which do I go to the most?

I've liked the Forte III sound since I got them. Hearing some of the big Heritage after that of course kinda ruined it for a little while, but there was a cure. That magical black box with the big driver, phase adjustment and adjustable hz cutoff points makes this record sing!!

IMG-20191204-181013.jpg

IMG-20191204-182555.jpg

• Like 4