Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

8 hours ago, billybob said:

Thinking Aston Martin not Austin Healy:

That looks like a 1964 to 1967 Austin Healy 3000 MKIII

I used to work on them as an apprentice back in the day 🤪

Edit

Come to think of it - a girl I liked but always stayed friends with had an Austin Healey Sprite that I kept on the road for her 

She in return, cut my hair as she was a hairdresser- her name was Mary 😎

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Full Range said:

Come to think of it - a girl I liked but always stayed friends with had an Austin Healey Sprite that I kept on the road for her 

mmmmm ok!  I'll just smirk a bit and scroll on down butch!  :)

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

mmmmm ok!  I'll just smirk a bit and scroll on down butch!  :)

Don’t get the wrong idea 

She was a gorgeous girl that I had no hope in getting as a girlfriend but she had the best personality with some brains, that’s why we got along so well and remained friends - plus her mum and dad liked me 

Had plenty of family meals with them - and lots of laughs 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Full Range said:

Edit

Merry Christmas...and then along comes Mary

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Full Range said:

Edit

Cool... thanks Butch?

An apprentice? 

Did you need a haircut/dresser?

Sorry for the 3rd degree

• Haha 1

Those lil Sprites were cool rides!  

Time to GO!

Richard Wright - Wet Dream from 1978 and a great lil slab of vinyl for his first solo LP!

Richard-Wright-Wet-Dream.jpg

Oh heck ya why not?

Quiet Riot?  Sure why not?  From 1983  Randy Rhoads and the gang!

IMG-20191223-204542783.jpg

Since it's Xmas and I love stirring the pot a bit.  Pulled out a Queen LP today and found this tucked neatly inside with the 45.  Yea, I remember now but had forgotten allll about it!  Don't worry though it's gotta be fake.  Hey @Emile since ur the resident Queen expert how about a COA on this one?  Hahaha!  Guess someday I'm gonna have to start going thru album jackets.  Was always my favorite place to stash things for safe keeping.  I wonder how much old blotter is bringing today?  hahahahaha

IMG-20191223-210744193.jpg

Merry Christmas everyone!  

IMG-20191201-181415737.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Was not aware of certain past experiences Butch. A brother a past mechanic. Threw his hammer one day and quit, and whent on to

other choices. Restored Spitfire

1500 this year, a 76 MG Midget. Could have used your experience on the British carb, plunger type and the timing with abstract timing mark info. Do my own Volvo as can do some. Cool and thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Was not aware of certain past experiences Butch. A brother a past mechanic. Threw his hammer one day and quit, and whent on to

other choices. Restored Spitfire

1500 this year, a 76 MG Midget. Could have used your experience on the British carb, plunger type and the timing with abstract timing mark info. Do my own Volvo as can do some. Cool and thanks

The Austin Healey 3000 had twin SU carburettors 

Square Volvo’s also had an SU carb

Easy to service and tune as a single unit 

But one needs a special vacuum measuring tool to calibrate the two carbs so they can work in sinc 

1 hour ago, Full Range said:

Don’t get the wrong idea 

She was a gorgeous girl that I had no hope in getting as a girlfriend but she had the best personality with some brains, that’s why we got along so well and remained friends - plus her mum and dad liked me 

Had plenty of family meals with them - and lots of laughs 

The "wrong idea" never entered my mind.  Well maybe a bit.  Ha.  We've all been there!  We're all big kids now.  Different place.

@billybob, et. all  Isn't the 6th degree just part of this place though?  Just stating fact not hammering  you at all.  Pretty much sucks at times when it happens too.  That's exactly why I posted the Queen cover.  Gotta have that pic yanno or it didn't happen.  Gimme a break kids.  This place should be beyond that crap.  Never in a million years would I take a serious shot at anyone in here.  Family sharing a wealth of knowledge, laffs and good times is what it is to me.  I think most of us in here feel the same way, which imo is a great thing.

Lou Reed?  Who dat?  Walkin on that Wild Side?  1972?  Velvet Underground?  Bowie?  Glam Rock?  Well H3LL ya!  :)

IMG-20191223-213319708.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Dave1290 said:

The "wrong idea" never entered my mind.  Well maybe a bit.  Ha.  We've all been there!  We're all big kids now.  Different place

Well a few years later I fell in love with a girl that surpassed all before her and married her 

Coming up to 40 years now - and she still looks amazing 😉 

In vinyl terms - she is older but in NM condition 🔥

Say no more 👌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Full Range said:

They Austin Healey 3000 had twin SU carburettors 

Square Volvo’s also had an SU carb

Easy to service and tune as a single unit 

But one needs a special vacuum measuring tool to calibrate the two carbs so they can work in sinc 

Vacuum turned out to be a problem to the downdraft?SU

Carb, exactly. Yes we learned from the manual engine handbook, eventually. There were twists and turns and some swearing my brother. Wish I had known your

Mechanic background.  He is not keen to do another one. Too bad, as I rather enjoyed the convertible, and the gearbox...Cheers

BTW, you had asked me a couple of years ago about how I liked Little River Band when posted an lp of theirs. Sorry, as I just saw it and abit tardy in answering.

Was married when they were on the radio and was a favorite. Those were the days.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

The "wrong idea" never entered my mind.  Well maybe a bit.  Ha.  We've all been there!  We're all big kids now.  Different place.

@billybob, et. all  Isn't the 6th degree just part of this place though?  Just stating fact not hammering  you at all.  Pretty much sucks at times when it happens too.  That's exactly why I posted the Queen cover.  Gotta have that pic yanno or it didn't happen.  Gimme a break kids.  This place should be beyond that crap.  Never in a million years would I take a serious shot at anyone in here.  Family sharing a wealth of knowledge, laffs and good times is what it is to me.  I think most of us in here feel the same way, which imo is a great thing.

Lou Reed?  Who dat?  Walkin on that Wild Side?  1972?  Velvet Underground?  Bowie?  Glam Rock?  Well H3LL ya!  :)

Yes got excited and lost control as FR threw a spannner into the mix was not aware of.  Cool... yes Edited it and changed post to 3rd degree.

Yes, swallowed my gum when showed the Queenlp..

Did not know Emile and Queen interest...

• Like 2

Question Mark & The Mysterians from 1966.  Garage band from Bay City Michigan hit #1 with 96 Tears.  One of the first "Punk Rock" groups.  Sweet lil album too.  Forgot how good it was actually.

IMG-20191223-222138778.jpg

REO?  Of course...  Just WHICH one to play though???  Nope, can't tune a fish!  Their 7th released in 1978!  Great LP!  :)

IMG-20191223-223458262.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Lou Reed stole the song Sweet Jane from me. He did it very cleverly by stealing it 30 years BEFORE i wrote it. Was noodling around with a guitar at my brother’s pad and he said, “Oh, Sweet Jane.”  I didn’t know what he was talking about and he said, “That sounds like the song Sweet Jane.”  So, i had to check out the song and sure enough, the opening was a match. Still not sure how Lou did it ... tricky fellow. 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

REO?  Of course...  Just WHICH one to play though???  Nope, can't tune a fish!  Their 7th released in 1978!  Great LP! 

Live You Get What You Play For is one of the best live LPs that i’ve ever heard. Just good old rock and roll played well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

48 minutes ago, billybob said:

BTW, you had asked me a couple of years ago about how I liked Little River Band when posted an lp of theirs. Sorry, as I just saw it and abit tardy in answering.

Was married when they were on the radio and was a favorite. Those were the days.

Better late than never is what they say 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, billybob said:

Yes, swallowed my gum when showed the Queenlp..

Did not know Emile and Queen interest...

Actually a 45 written by Freddie about his cat who's name was Cool Cat.  My go to girl had about 10 or so and gave me one. This woman worked her entire life in the business and has darn near every artist that ever lived on something.  Beatles first US tour?  Yup all kinds of stuff.  Sinatra, every rock artist.  Walking into her house is like walking into the Rock Hall in Cleveland.  Never married and promised me I was the one but hasn't set the date yet!  lol  Love her to death.  :)  Emile would always close his evenings w/Brian May so yup I suppose Full Range would work too.  Prolly related somehow waaaaay back when.  lol

21 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Live You Get What You Play For is one of the best live LPs that i’ve ever heard. Just good old rock and roll played well. 

Had to tell me that didn't you.  Raped by someone at some point.  Now back on my "get" list.  Thanks Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1