Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

24 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Lou Reed stole the song Sweet Jane from me. He did it very cleverly by stealing it 30 years BEFORE i wrote it. Was noodling around with a guitar at my brother’s pad and he said, “Oh, Sweet Jane.”  I didn’t know what he was talking about and he said, “That sounds like the song Sweet Jane.”  So, i had to check out the song and sure enough, the opening was a match. Still not sure how Lou did it ... tricky fellow. 😂

Yea, I TOTALLY get that!  I've had visions like that before too!  😂  😂  😎

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Since it's Xmas and I love stirring the pot a bit.  Pulled out a Queen LP today and found this tucked neatly inside with the 45.  Yea, I remember now but had forgotten allll about it!  Don't worry though it's gotta be fake.  Hey @Emile since ur the resident Queen expert how about a COA on this one?  Hahaha!  Guess someday I'm gonna have to start going thru album jackets.  Was always my favorite place to stash things for safe keeping.  I wonder how much old blotter is bringing today?  hahahahaha

IMG-20191223-210744193.jpg

Looks genuine to me

That has to be worth some dosh ( that’s slang for dollars ) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

With her if someone handed her something it was legit.  Period.  She sits at the right hand of the man who writes the checks.  It's not rocket science.  lol  I have no clue what stuff sells for actually.  It's all priceless to me and not going anywhere.  I could never sell anything she gave me. 

First thing that went into this place when I bought it was the alarm system.  I think it'll be here when I come home.  Prior to getting married I had a couple morons try to take my old system.  They each got 3-5 in prison.  The alarm system was in the day after they broke in.  Thank God for my neighbor who heard the glass on the back door break @ 2AM.  Saved my butt since I wasn't home.

I laff at the youngest when she dives in boxes of tour t-shirts.  She'll be the next hoarder I hope.  I've been gradually showing her some things I have just to watch her reaction.  She's a typical kid and it's all about $ with her.  The oldest knows from other parents telling her what I've got sitting here.   I'll be eyeballin them both when I'm gone.  hahaha  I just hope they don't bite on streaming as the future of music and never listen to an LP.  I think they both get that but...  lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’ve been telling my kids that my system with records is worth more than 2 small new cars 

So if they sell it after my death - then don’t sell it for less that 2 small new cars 

I know it’s cryptic but they get the idea that it’s worth something 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Brother Claus left here a couple hours ago and after putting the place back to normal got to check my overloaded inbox!

In a predicament here, he brought me a handful of records from the first crate of that haul he had a while back.

IMG-20191224-184511.jpg

Clean vinyl with several careless bad scratches. Those decades old covers are in pretty good shape!

The Boston is the most clean but it's also their worst release if I remember right. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

OK; Christmas ... did "Pavarotti Christmas" DVD ... very old recording; questioning my preamp (Nikko Beta II into a Crown K1 amp). :(  Jeez ... midnight ... playing Handel's Messiah by the London Symphony Orchestra/Choir ... awesome ... preamp sounds good now ... but still "shopping" :D 

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@Emile, your post reminded me of this album I rarely play, not because I don't like the music (I'm quite fond of Handel's Messiah) but simply because I want to preserve the vinyl as much as possible.  Purchased this in the late 70's, Argo label by Decca Record Co.  Neville Marriner (deceased) conducting The Academy and Chorus of St. Martin-In-The-Fields with various soloists. A three-record set that I may have played twice in all the years I've had it.   Happy listening, and Merry Christmas !

IMG_1946.jpg

IMG_1945.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 12/19/2019 at 3:06 PM, JohnJ said:

Like that @billybob  isn't he from 10yrs after?   Nvrmnd... next track told me I'm right about that!

Managed a score today at my Manifest up on the blvd.

A half speed remaster of one I had on cassette long ago. Will be great when I can crank it some, probably later tonight.

Great percussion, well composed, trippin' bass, "Lay Your Hands on Me" on the other side.

IMG-20191219-135426.jpg

Play Peter Gabriel
on Amazon Music (ad)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Wired up that pair of KG4 I got for the youngest daughter.  Imma thinking she's gonna enjoy them when she hears them later.  I sure do!  They sound great!   Gotta get them outta here so I can get some work done this winter!  That turntable?  Might hit Hope then head up to Phoenix to hang w/her before she gets her Master's.  Lil extra baggage but it's all good!   Hope everyone is enjoying their Christmas!  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

19 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Wired up that pair of KG4 I got for the youngest daughter.  Imma thinking she's gonna enjoy them when she hears them later.  I sure do!  They sound great!   Gotta get them outta here so I can get some work done this winter!  That turntable?  Might hit Hope then head up to Phoenix to hang w/her before she gets her Master's.  Lil extra baggage but it's all good!   Hope everyone is enjoying their Christmas!  :)

Had a pair and quite liked them. Would buy another, decent bass... yes

3 hours ago, Full Range said:

This album is by

Artist - Art Garfunkel 

Title - Breakaway 

One great track on this album is a classic and called - I only have eyes for you 

24-DB55-CA-ACB5-484-B-B710-275-AF8-DADED

https://i.postimg.cc/d0v7mnYD/24-DB55-CA-ACB5-484-B-B710-275-AF8-DADEDD.jpg

Did not know he sang that song as well.. nice oldie.

• Like 1