Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Okay enough of this sittin around!  Needed to light things up a bit here so decided to just pull some slow n easy stuff I hadn't played in forever!

A lotta laffs with this guy.   Hilarious on the golf course!  Not a bad golfer either.  Sad day for me when he passed.

IMG-20200105-233545155.jpg

A lil Paul Carrack.  Ever pull one out and cant remember a darn thing about it or why you even have it?  Clueless but thank goodness I only have one!

IMG-20200105-225241703.jpg

Lil Eric Clapton for a lil blues and "Tulsa Time."

IMG-20200105-221115438.jpg

If there's ever an LP that needs re-mastered this one should be it.  4 hits on 1 LP?  Come on man!  Jim Croce captivated so many people w/his sing-a-longs!  

IMG-20200105-213243013.jpg

Might step it up a bit tomorrow but needed something tonight!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Okay enough of this sittin around!  Needed to light things up a bit here so decided to just pull some slow n easy stuff I hadn't played in forever!

A lotta laffs with this guy.   Hilarious on the golf course!  Not a bad golfer either.  Sad day for me when he passed.

A lil Paul Carrack.  Ever pull one out and cant remember a darn thing about it or why you even have it?  Clueless but thank goodness I only have one!

Lil Eric Clapton for a lil blues and "Tulsa Time."

If there's ever an LP that needs re-mastered this one should be it.  4 hits on 1 LP?  Come on man!  Jim Croce captivated so many people w/his sing-a-longs!  

Might step it up a bit tomorrow but needed something tonight!  

Excellent EZ Listening records and your first hand knowledge of so many artists is amazing.

You're one of only a couple here that could step it up after that broadcast (tip of the hat smiley)!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Excellent EZ Listening records and your first hand knowledge of so many artists is amazing.

HAHAHA!  I was in the C's and just pulled a few.  I wouldn't wish this crap on anyone!  First hand knowledge?  Nah, not much at all.  I was WAAAAY out gunned.  I did have my moments though.  Tanya Tucker wanted to go golfin to but don't know if anyone makes high--heeled boots in golf shoes he told me laffin.  THAT wouldn't have been any fun at all.  He was about as down to earth as anyone you'd ever want to meet.  His daughter is just like her Daddy.  Out on the road w/her brothers doin their thang.  It's always a sing a long for me when I hear something he did. ALWAYS!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tanya Tucker?

Wow, she was a super fox in the 70s! @Dave1290

While I'm here, since I found out recently that I will be getting those 6 or 700 LPs in the near future.... He's keeping the Beatles ones... thinks he can get big $ for that first pressing White Album with the additional 45 included. (shakes head smiley) Sometimes folks just don't listen.

Hoping that a real cleaning could have me keep the Dickie Betts and the Allman Bros @ the Filmore.

Ultrasonic vs vacuum cleaning?

The vacuums can dry but if I use a cleaner then have to rinse with distilled water I'd need a second vacuum so I wouldn't cross contaminate. Hey If I'm going high dollar might as well take it to the hilt. Then I thought I could use the TergiKleen™ then do a rinse if I just got two salad spinners I mean spin-cleans but not sure if I could trust what they use for brushes in those things, doubt it's a lambs-wool? Nitty Gritty brush. Ultrasonic at a higher cost would take up more space and require more sundries to keep it going. Unless you count the tiny 4000 degree explosions it is touchless!

Opinions? Paul had a great idea, they sell a vacuum attachment with the end blocked off and the slit with the brushes on it for vacuuming records, it fits over the spindle. Mine isn't a wet/dry vac though and I'd have to find an unused platter somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cleaning systems are back burner for me although I've been nosin when I see something.  Don't know what I'll go with.  The ultrasonic cleaners seem pricey but would prolly do the best job imo.  Then again the VPI looks kinda cool and seems to work.  Then there's that Dr Goop or whatever his name is with his twist on it all.  I've always used the Discwasher system on my LP's  but that's really not a deep cleaning like most need.  Guess I'll get along that way til I get my Linn done then figure it out.  I DO know I'm not turning my kitchen into a record cleaning lab although that's been a thought.  I can't BEGIN to fathom what a PITA it's gonna be when I start.  hahaha

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

Opinions? Paul had a great idea, they sell a vacuum attachment with the end blocked off and the slit with the brushes on it for vacuuming records, it fits over the spindle. Mine isn't a wet/dry vac though and I'd have to find an unused platter somewhere.

@JohnJ  Ultrasonic can generally clean in batches of 6 records at a time - so that should be a consideration

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For the real clean need, you may have to go with the Dizrotus ressurection technique he got from another gentleman. Know that you have seen the threads on the forum.Like a special formula.

Think of it as a facemask peel for records. No, I have not tried it but others here have...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Full Range been looking at one that does three at a time. Can work with a six liter unit. Not sure I'll try to clean all of those but the sampling I got I like!                                             @billybob have to find that again, sure it would would be a science project like grade school!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Nothing like listening to Eric Clapton on my vinyl setup on a cold winter night.I finally finished some maintenance on my Yamaha PF-800 turntable.I had to add silicon oil to the arm release and now the arm slowly drops on the record,I also installed my new Denon DL -103r cartridge.I had a friend from NC help me setup everything and he is not a Klipsch guy but after we got everything dialed in he was blown away by the sound.I almost sold this table before Christmas I am glad I decided to keep it,I love the way it looks and also how it sounds.Playing vinyl is a labor of love and when I am playing records it kinda takes me back to a time when I just enjoyed the music and I was not so critical about the sound.Some of my best memories was going into Dixie hi-fi  looking at the monster receivers,reel to reels,cassette decks,speakers and turntables.

4D57EAEF-39D2-40E8-986D-E76C76170360.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Matinee time again!

It did quit raining finally got to see sunshine for a couple days.... then rain all morning today that has cleared out and left us muddy as the usual lately. 

Heard they made arrests "down under" for the unGodly act of starting that big fire.

Trying to start some good feelings here this afternoon with a pair of musicians I like to put on and get taken away with. This is a miniature LP so i can't go too far!

IMG-20200107-140841.jpg

IMG-20200107-140902.jpg

Sounds like it's from an episode of Star Trek in a few places!

*Is that the toaster everyone's been expecting? ? ?

Edited by JohnJ
* ?
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

It did quit raining finally got to see sunshine for a couple days.... then rain all morning today that has cleared out and left us muddy as the usual lately. 

Less static when it rains so you may experience a better sound ?

2 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Heard they made arrests "down under" for the unGodly act of starting that big fire.

Most fires start by lightning strikes 

But yes some idiots do start fires for thrills 

• Like 3