Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

"No Static Allowed🎵"

Didn't show in the pic of the little cover but I zap the vinyl and inside the sleeve every time I play them!

Liked the red one better!

IMG-20200107-170940.jpg

Idiot??

He's evil with a name indicative of the largest cult ever, plus he laughed about it at the courthouse. 

duckduckgo   Fadi Zraika

** It's strange to see 1-8-20 on the date when it is not even here yet where I am!

• Like 3

So can it send the positive and then negative out of the other barrel?

The kind I've always had was depress for one then release for the other.

Just received the stylus goop, it's under 40 here so I'll let it warm up some before use.

IMG-20200107-180620.jpg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

So can it sent the positive and then negative out of the other barrel?

The kind I've always had was depress for one then release for the other.

Not sure - but they state a wider affective area coverage on the box 

This is the Zeepa information I found on the net 

IMGP0516.JPG

• Like 3

Doesn't look like it above the pic the second paragraph says it all.

Cool unit either way, is that three boxes? Looks like you stocked up.

Two years of use, did play a few used records but I was very picky about what went under this $$ cartridge I got for the new rig.

So the thoughts of getting serious about record cleaning are something I'm going to make happen sometime soon. Just the discwasher brush isn't cutting it.

This was two "drops" onto the substance. It is black so it could be coming off of all the new LPs I've picked up since `18.

IMG-20200107-183442.jpg

• Like 2

Welcome back   .........    Paul... sorry about the mix-up....just used to calling members by their Avatar name generally.......saw the name in the thread.... should have known better than that.

Will look back but hope you had a good time.

Man those rayguns look cool for static, if they work... cool

• Like 2

John , Just now listening to the Bowie and the Claypool videos

Always liked the original from MTV

And Vh1 channels of golden days before commercialization.

That Claypool was cool and have heard it before somewhere.

Will be interested in the technique

Of record clean devices. thanks

• Like 3

Weather is warming up a bit here in Ohio.  Perhaps this crud WILL go awy!  Picked this up today the 1969 remaster RSD of their first LP.  Not a bad job on the mastering and still the same old Yes.  Solid and together.

IMG-20200107-193032372.jpg

Moved on to a lil Claypool/Lennon and their "Delirium."  Can't get over how much Sean sounds like his dad.  Wiki is calling this Americian Psychedelic?  Hmmmm.  I must be missing something???  Well maybe kinda but.

Claypool-Lennon.jpg

Well @JohnJ maybe we somehow ARE dialed into each other.  Finishing up the Claypool Lennon now then I think I'll give his old man a listen on something.  I don't know how you play whether it's a cold start for every side of if you "grab them on the fly" but that's what I do since the Linn off/on switches are pricey.  Yea it's prolly NOT the right way to do it but w/the felt pad on the Linn a tech told me long ago you could easily do it w/o damage.  Dunno.  He also told me the Discwasher brush should last touch the center spindle, which is grounded and will eliminate the static.  I do know if I don't ground out the Discwasher on the spindle almost all the time I'll pull an LP and have the felt stuck to the LP.  I'm sure the right way is to stop and start but w/this old table that switch is gonna go.  Also w/my old cart that goop would prolly have my retain my diamond.  hahaha  Can't believe this thing even plays!  Any insights Paul???  I'm listening!

Yup, needed a bit of the old man...  Was gonna go w/the "White" lp til I pulled out some limited edition still in the shrink wrap.  hahaha  Know I have another one but Abby Road was next to it!  :)

beatles_-_abby_road.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yea @Dave1290 wiki is as wiki does you know it hangs to the left, sometimes to the right or out front.

More like the Beatles on a good trip... melodic, bass pummeling, crescendos then ethereal minimalism all on the same LP!

Never had Revolver, I had the red & blue doubles to cover all that. They were the first records I bought after "Locomotion" "Black Water" and "Billy Don't be a Hero" 45s.

Out of awareness for longevity of the tubes Usually both sides of a LP or two sometimes one side of three or four. Lime & is short ran both `cause it just got here. It is convex like a saucer.

we've got a ten pound Websters.... hang on

With several ostracized boxed sets first then the library of congress edition on top hope I can flatten it out!

Anyone ever dealt with this before? Could it work?

IMG-20200108-074911.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Back in the grooves now. Entirely predictable here, the other stuff will have to wait. One of my all time favorite bands lost their drummer Tuesday and it was announced a little while ago. Forty years ago I imagined firing up a stogie (extremely large doobie) when events good or bad happened, forever more. Things are different but side two of "Fly By Night" is still beautiful and comforting to me. Leaving off the first track from side B.

IMG-20200110-181712.jpg

Rest in Peace Mr. Peart.

• Like 3

I received this album for my birthday last month - however I  just opened it up for a spin today 

This classic album needs no introduction 

But it sounds fantastic on my horn system with a little extra volume 😎

Artist - Mike Oldfield 

Title - Tubular Bells 

95791-C18-BC20-49-B8-94-EC-977-A8682-A60

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Some of the passages sounded so spooky to me when I first heard that whole LP in the late 70s @Full Range  At that point had not even seen the Exorcist, didn't until it came on tv later on.

& Oldfield played every instrument on the LP? Good clock in his head and great mastering. The Record Store Day editions I've got are very nice too!

• Like 3

Now hear this: BOLO Alert...

Be  on the lookout for this LP. Rated PG

It is for me to get. Unconditional

Condition...

@littlejackhorner and @Vectra...

2 that have done used record biz

with and recommend.

Also on lookout for APP Poe...

Thanks for your consideration

and concern. That is (almost)

all...: