Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

3 hours ago, billybob said:

Pictures Of Home...bet that particular weight sounds just great.

Heck Yea!

My original pressing still sounds ok, and ya know what? I always noticed it was heavier than a lot of the other records I had.

Some of these re-releases are really primo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So plans got changed, some LPs will be here Saturday when the previously scheduled trip happens. Doesn't sound like it will even be a whole crate, but I'm going to ask if he's just planning on putting a stack in the front seat just to put a crate upright open to the back and put the seat belt on it! The spinner got here from Baton Rouge this morn, just need the tub and the tergikleen to arrive!

Untitled.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

Guess we'll see you in a couple months or whenever you get tired of werkin!  ha!  :)

Well, I'll have to play the keepers!

Janis huh? She covered the airwaves here a decade later in `79:cool:

Now this gals voice grabbed me when I heard them on tv doing spring break or something in the rain at the beach.

Not saying there is any comparison except in female and the emotions expressed!

IMG-20200119-202614.jpg

• Like 3

Gotta test the motor, rest of the stuff gets here Wednesday they've got 1.5 gallon jugs of distilled for sale several places around so have to pick up a few and get started while it's too nippy for most anything outside for me. Got the first three candidates lined up already two new to me and the first mfsl I ever got. Hope the ultrasonic doesn't interfere with the wifi :unsure2:

IMG-20200120-182624.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A little soulful music this morning and just love the title track written / composed by Duke Ellington around 1928 

Not much information on this jazz band that does a great job on this record 

Artist - The Maryville Jazz Band 

Title - Creole Love Call 

From 1973 - ID VS 1157 ( but can’t be found on Discogs) 

4509654-E-2886-4-AAF-9-B6-C-02-F2-BE8-CB

BA461-A66-DA38-48-EB-8606-212887-B5-E09-

• Like 3

Welllll, was feelin it and saw this "Color of Money" soundtrack layin out and couldn't remember if I'd played it so threw it on.  Great movie and soundtrack from about 1986.  

The_Color_of_Money_Soundtrack_-1986.jpg

Mitch Ryder fresh outta Detroit with this album in 1967.  That funky Motown sound and so controversial with some of his hits like "Ring My Bell, Sock it to me Baby, Little Latin Lupe Lu, and Devil with a Blue Dress On"  There it was all beat up callin my name.  Needs a MAJOR cleanin but still works for me!  First person I thought of was @Thebes!

Mitch_Ryder_-_All_Hits_67.jpg

• Like 2

Sam the Sham & the Pharoah's started pressing records to sell @ gigs in Memphis in 1964 and BOOM!  "Wooly Bully!"  MGM picked them up and shazaaam 3 million copies and their first Gold #2 hit right in the middle of the British invasion!  The longest Billboard top 40 US hit in 1965 lasting for 18 weeks.  Billboard's "Number One Record of the Year" even though it never hit #1.  It held that spot for 35 years until Faith Hill's "Breathe" took it in 2000.

IMG-20200121-185827338.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Feeling like a Dentist now pulling out this one that almost EVERY one had to have in 1972.  Seals & Crofts #7 hit "Summer Breeze."  Easy smooth US stuff as we moved out of the British Invasion and tried to take root again here in the US.  THAT never really happened though cause those pesky Brits seemed to hang around with sooo many great artists who are still here today thank goodness!  :)   

IMG-20200121-192836810.jpg

• Like 2

I can neither confirm nor deny that I listened to ALL of their music but I can tell you this, even though it was released 2 years after their split, is owned by me!  Ha, and a great album it is with ALL of their prior hits to 1970.  Really is a great old album though!  Yeah, I KNOW you did too!  :)

IMG-20200121-205227948-1.jpg

• Like 2

A recharge is what I need, and will get soon, more to follow. Fedex came early today, it's almost 10pm now and I just got to open this up...

IMG-20200122-215148.jpg

The gauge of that cord handles some amperage, can't put it on the extension cord. I''l be doing close to professional LP cleaning soon.

• Like 4