Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Thank You Paul, if I'm lucky maybe I can get them all done before 2021!!

As for the recharge: 

the first Heart LP I bought was this one.. not exactly this one... I wore the first one out. Bought it for "Barracuda" & "Kick it Out"

Love it 40 years later for the other excellent music on it.

IMG-20200122-220531.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m going to go through and catalogue my older jazz and blues collection over the coming weeks 

Today is a great LP by some accomplished artists that you may not have heard before on this compilation release 

One track that jumps out at me is Watermelon Man 

This is a jazz standard written by the great Herbie Hancock 

Artist - Harbour City Jazz Band 

Title - Foo’s Blues 

198-EA321-F6-B9-4598-BB23-A6493-E34-FCAC

145-A1957-ADAB-48-C0-A1-BC-0-F529-E06114

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I recall that listening to those Khorns in the early 80s & the stock barely used `90 LaScalas a year and a half ago that they were made for vocals and alto sax and horns!

Ok this is the last pic of my new record restorer, and that's my new name for it! The Dickie Betts sounds good, rich bass..clean vocals and highs for being so old Live Allman Bros took up the other two slots.

Still had some needle drop damage at the beginning of the only one I've played so far, but the smudges, finger prints and who knows what else the TurgiKleen took care of. Guess there's no fix for scratches, can't do magic. Drying them isn't fun, but the results are!

IMG-20200123-190203.jpg

These are waiting for me to go and dry off in the kitchen now.

IMG-20200123-190102.jpg

Homage to @Tigerman with my caramels, the coffee's gone so they're safe for the rest of the night!

IMG-20200123-203731.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

I recall that listening to those Khorns in the early 80s & the stock barely used `90 LaScalas a year and a half ago that they were made for vocals and alto sax and horns!

I must agree 

My system be it highly customised from the original - really makes brass horns, orchestral and voices shine 

Don’t know how lucky I am 😎

• Like 4

Well you're halfway around the world from me, but I know how lucky you are for picking LS over the other Heritage. And your modded bass bins... I saw the thread on that when I joined here a couple of years ago.

...Now I'm feeling a little lucky right now, jamming on some old Steve Miller that I have not heard in a decade at least. And no scratches on side one... nothing the ultrasound would not make sound pristine, my roomie says he's talented and let me crank it :P

IMG-20200123-194722.jpg

Bobbie Sue, whoa, whoa, she slipped away
Billy Joe caught up to her the very next day
They got the money, hey
You know they got away
They headed down south and they're still running today

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

More great classic jazz that never ages 

A collectors Series LP ( in stereo ) 

Artist - Louis Armstrong and His Allstars 

Title - European Concert Recordings By Ambassador Satch

Louis Armstrong and his All-Stars' concert tour of Western Europe in the autumn of 1955. Taken from three on-stage sessions, one made at the Concertgebouw in Amsterdam, and the others at a theatre in Milan.

https://www.discogs.com/Louis-Armstrong-And-His-All-Stars-European-Concert-Recordings-By-Ambassador-Satch/release/12557795

7965-FE8-D-F2-C2-4380-AAFF-91-F82025-EAD

• Like 4

Next up is a Various artist LP with bonus 12” single 

Released by RCA Australia 

This is - One of a number of great Jazz compilations put together by former RCA Australia executive, Ron Wills who was a true jazz afficianardo and had one of if not the best private collection of jazz recordings in the southern hemisphere.

Artist - Various 

Title - Immortal Jazz Classics (1979) 

DC68-AF3-D-E49-D-44-AE-B4-D9-CB20471-BC7

9-DCFB6-E5-2246-4-BE3-A97-A-19431-DF9-E6

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like a nice way to spend a Saturday morning @Full Range !

Haven't played all that I've cleaned... Travers to ZZTop plus a few more scattered seriously used ones. Haven't posted all the pics, decided to give you guys a break. Just played that Gino Vanelli that was so out of sorts with everything I owned in the early 80s. I'm blown away by the nature of the improvement of that LP that I thought sounded decent and had since day 1 only been dry cleaned with my discwasher brush.

The vocals and bass are most noticeable at first with every nuance of pressure put on the strings now evident. The sassy ladies background singing, the separation and soundstage have improved! 

Wow I've reached another plateau of audio nerd-dom :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Grace Slicks 2nd solo album recorded in 1980 in NYC without any previous or current members of Jefferson Starship.

IMG-20200121-213943524.jpg

"Breakout" by Spyro Gyra was released in 1986 and their 10th studio album.  Peaked @ the #1 Billboard top jazz album that fall.

IMG-20200121-222932498.jpg

1973 and the Four Tops cranked out their 12th LP "Main Street People," which didn't sell as great as their previous 11.  Couple hits and it went unrecognized until about 1982 when people realized just how good the material really was.

IMG-20200124-210025673.jpg

A Soprano Sax?  Who ever heard of such a thing?  Not many until Kenny G broke into the contemporary scene.  "Silhouette" his fifth studio album from 1988 peaked @ #2 on the Billboard Adult Contemporary chart. 

IMG-20200124-213406502.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Started yesterday evening and had a good go at it today with the non-stop rain since 6am today. With the exception of the Analogue Recording LPS, a half-speed Pete T., Tedeshi/Trucks & Crooked Vultures and the Thorogood I got all of these restored.

Found a 45 in there.. a U2 my sister-in-law gave me long ago. No wonder it sounded so good, the old Yah I had you just pressed a button to get 45 rpms. The Pro-ject I have now I have to change belts. 

Nay Nay, I'll sleep on that!

IMG-20200124-214833.jpg

Spyro Gyra were rumored to play a downtown festival here... the first JazzFest. All of those festivals were the same... an excuse to drink beer & cruise downtown without getting arrested. Had to watch out for folks with baby strollers trying to run you over!!

YellowJackets came here instead, Bobby McFerrin played close to the square that time, he was fun!

Ultrasonic is the way to go, most of these were not really dirty just some surface noise, They look so bad because my RottnPit puppy got mad at me one day and apparently chewed everything that had my smell on it! Played a half dozen or more and besides looking brand new & the background is quiet, heck they just sound years newer now! Very happy with the results. That's not even one fourth of what I'll have to clean, and there's more incoming tomorrow!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2