Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Got thru a couple more LP's after that group.  Now outta that mode after a slight gear change and listening to another one the second time thru.  Hate it when that happens but it sounds ohhhh sooo good!!!    First time I saw them was on the beach w/a couple beer trucks sittin down there with them.  WHAT a show that was.  Just decided to do it and they did it!  

Annie Lennox and the Eurythmics with "Touch" their 3rd Studio album released in 1983.  Great listen w/amazing seperation and a stellar mix & mastering.

IMG-20200124-220926218-1.jpg

It's hard to believe this is the 6th and last Doors album, which was released in 1971.  Jim Morrison passed only 3 months after it's release.  The bluesy beat and sound mixed so well w/Jim's voice it took them to a new level imo.  I have them all I think and saw this one so yup  I had to.  Two times through it and gonna hit it again tomorrow.  Just sounds totally amazing!

IMG-20200125-005336345.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Im finishing off the spinning for the day with some cool piano sounds 

This album is pitch and depth perfect - piano with orchestral backing is beautiful on some of the worlds best known tracks 

Artist - Roger Williams 

Title - Spanish Eyes 

A 1974 USA / Canada pressing 

https://www.discogs.com/Roger-Williams-Spanish-Eyes/release/2465465

86-EC33-AA-B89-D-4981-ACF4-EA26-AD68-DFB

D797-ED6-B-A276-4-ABB-9-F6-A-A751-A0974-

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Been umpteen years since I put this on the player, so this morning I took it for a spin to remind myself why I bought it in the first place: Seals & Croft "Summer Breeze" on Warner Bro's label. Mellow album with VG audio quality, a bit bit bass-heavy but well defined, and slightly laid back on the top end which nicely offsets the 'Scala's brightness.  Great listening!

IMG_1960.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My brother has always liked those sometimes annoying puns... like they went on and on all afternoon.

Convinced he's a bit of a sadist now too! Brought me a milk crate full of goodies and the two I was interested in the most seem unplayed!

Lots of Allman Bros, Buffalo Springfield, Flying Burrito Bros, Jackson Brown and some unknown to me stuff.

Pulled a few out and threw on the floor to give you a look at what it will sound like in the near future here.

& he says "Oh you do know there are five of those 32" wooden crates full?"

I pulled up our text history, scrolled to when this fun he is having with me started and it proves that he told me four crates then.

IMG-20200125-151122.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am here brother!

Feel like spinning a couple up, heck wish I could! Ever heard of the Verve Forecast label? I knew Verve was serious jazz, but this stuff is flat out far out trippin' :cool:

IMG-20200125-192105.jpg

IMG-20200125-192557.jpg

Getting groovy right now with a Classic:

IMG-20200125-203711.jpg

Who are the Flying Burrito Brothers?

gotta look them up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Had this exceptionally clean... especially after the ultrasonic treatment 4.5v to the motor equals one LP revolution in 4.5 minutes. Ten minutes makes for "Five" minutes of cleaning all over the disc.

IMG-20200125-191738.jpg

Something I've actually looked for and the only price range I could do would be for NM- This qualifies as M with cover that I could care less about as long as it protects the record!

Remember getting some without a "glove" unmarried? Yea I do and this record was fresh out then!

IMG-20200125-191757.jpg

Back in the 30s outside but it is Sunny inside tonight!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Whoa!  Nice stash brother!  You keep it up you're going to get promoted here at the station!  Buckin for that Asst Program Director spot aren't ya???  Revolutions, times per minute?  Who cares cause the gunk is allllll fallin outta those lands & grooves!  Now back to work!   WKRP it is! 

:)    😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t have much in the country music genre in the collection but I do have a couple of signed copies from a couple of sisters from 1989 

Sisters - Joy and Lyn Johnston 

Lyn passed away about 20 years ago 

Both these girls loved my wife as they worked for us in our retail business and presented these records to us after they recorded 

They were both very talented along with their brother as an extra voice 

EA793419-481-D-4-B05-B4-FF-DC084-E9-ED53

FAEC2-F29-5217-412-B-9-F46-D2472-D4251-B

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Report for day two: The Blind Faith looks perfectly clean but has a little surface noise, not bad at all really for a `69. Winwoods vocals are just perfect sounding & I can hear Eric singing a few there too!

This used to play the FM all the time here!

Ziggy Stardust I don't think I've ever heard the whole record before, the mastering isn't as good as the LP above but it's alright!

Check this out:

IMG-20200126-122507.jpg

APP Ammonia Ave... not sure about. I'll give side two a listen later and decide if it goes or not, it's a let down compared to what I had already from them.

Allman Bros...... there's a lot gotta get the machine going again when I can.

Jimmy is sounding good!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

A little nostalgia this morning as I was moving things around the collection and found this little beauty 💎

As I’m going to be a grandfather around May 2020 I came across a 45RPM single from the TV series Skippy - and just had to play it 

I know my US friends would not have had this TV program - but I’m sure youtube would have some episodes to have a look 

I had watched every single episode of that show while growing up 

Ahh the memories 😎

Artist - Eric Jupp

Title - Skippy The Bush Kangaroo 

2537-A593-E9-C1-4-A8-C-8701-85-A62588921

899-B261-A-72-EA-4429-8-A8-C-0-C5-A2-BA2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Not bad for kids stuff.

Think I've got enough of Duane and Greg to last a little while now. Only had a "King Biscuit Flour Hour" show I recorded on a 120 cassette for years.

Think my brother's friend really liked them these aren't like that Boston lp!

Got a few pops, but again not bad at all for the `69 & early 70s records.

IMG-20200126-193755.jpg

** @Full Range hey caught up in that little ditty and things going on here last night, I missed something real big:huh2:

Congrats on becoming a Grandpa soon!!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I remember this guy who laffed at me going thru my tub...  Shoes on the other foot now John.  I'm dyin here laffin at you only because you NOW know exactly what I went thru!  Hahahaha.  Ya just deal with the cracks n pops.  Part of the territory unless they're really that bad.  The local guy called and still has a lot of stuff left he wants to get rid of. I've been tempted to go back out but I got what I wanted.  Any more would just be fill and I'm outta room unless I put a shorter shelf up above.  Hmmmm...  lolol  :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You are right @Dave1290 Started pulling out some I already had to clean along with the "new" records. Did a stretch of twenty or more that were relatively clean before I had to change the solution yesterday. Put three with high mileage in with a new batch and now have to look for more similar to those and change this water sooner. Not cleaning the Analogue Productions close to perfection LPs, maybe later. Oh and I only got a milkcrate full that is a third as much as one of the five 32" crates.

Below is what I've managed to clean plus a few half-speeds plus a few others exempt from that now.

I'm gonna need a bigger house!

IMG-20200127-080719.jpg

• Like 3

Got some more possible keepers cleaned up:

IMG-20200127-112335.jpg

& found a gem

This fella formed a band in the early 60s with Charlie Watts and Mick Jagger called Blues Inc.

IMG-20200127-151149.jpg

check out the backside, if you right click it will open up full sized at postimage . com

IMG-20200127-151243.jpg

They weren't politically correct back then I've heard through the record.

cool stuff!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1