Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

I'll be working up towards a big one tonight. Know not everyone likes the heavy stuff that I roll through here with sometimes, guarantee I''l have additional generes in the future. Another of the Blues Project records this one is more "musical" than far out like Planned .... is.  You'll recognize a couple of the guys from another band I enjoyed the other night.

IMG-20200201-203617.jpg

IMG-20200201-203641.jpg

So you could guess the era this record came from while listening, but that isn't a negative observation at all.

Geeze the previous owner took good care of a large percentage of what I've already seen! 

• Like 3

The first LP by Paul Kantner and Jefferson Starship released in 1970 had some big guns in it.  Grace Slick naturally but added CSN&Y, Jerry Garcia and many others.  EVERYone put their heads together crankin this out then hung out and recorded David Crosby's debut album after.  The way it was!  Today?  Not so much.  :)

Jefferson_Starship_-_Blows_Against_the_E

Jefferson Starship released "Sunfighter" in 1971.  Kantner & Slick, remaining members of Jefferson Airplane, members of the Grateful Dead, CSN and tossed in "The Tower of Power" for some horns! 

Grace_Slick_-_Sunfighter.jpg

"Dragon Fly" Jefferson Starship's debut album was released in 1974 on their own Grunt label and the turning point for the band itself.  Hit #11 and certified Gold in less than 6 months.

Jefferson_Starship_-_Dragonfly.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am currently spinning one of my 3 copies of DSOTM

Just testing or re-familiarising the sound quality again 

This pressing is the 2001 EU Remastered reissue 180gr

https://www.discogs.com/Pink-Floyd-The-Dark-Side-Of-The-Moon/release/3211255

In my opinion it is very close to the 1977 reissue - that is excellent 

https://www.discogs.com/Pink-Floyd-The-Dark-Side-Of-The-Moon/release/4139588

But not as good as the 2016 EU Remastered reissue 

https://www.discogs.com/Pink-Floyd-The-Dark-Side-Of-The-Moon/release/9287809

Artist - Pink Floyd ‎

Title - The Dark Side Of The Moon

ID - SHVL804 

D940-FCC6-9-B92-4-FB9-87-A3-2-F534991-D6

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Saturday nights are surely different now.

Mine is a `73 and should have a more quiet background now.. also a cd. 

got a half dozen I have to go though by this guy that I've always liked his slow tunes:

IMG-20200201-223232.jpg

this one is a keeper!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Believe I'm going to have a serious late 60s collection by the time all of this is finished, just can't see letting go of all these VG to NM LPs.

Keep the gems that represents your musical path - even the obscure ones 🤟

• Like 2

Do like I did... I'll be gone and whoever gets it will have their work cut out for them unless they just move in!  Can you imagine my oldest daughter  movin in and gamin on a 60" w/it running thru my Prima Luna into the LS?  Lawd have mercy!  The youngest stays in Phoenix she'd have to ship it all there?  Ok, we're dealin!  Anyone interested?  hahahahahaha!!!

• Haha 2

Would but all my Beatles first issues are gone now. When I changed over to Kansas, Aerosmith & Scorpions I lost interest. Brother said their were lots of them but he's got an idea there is big $ in them and he knows best. Told him catalog at discogs, learn the sales trends put a price on them and wait. John Butcher is on right now and it reminds me of Miami Vice.  

• Like 2