Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

On 2/12/2020 at 8:19 AM, MicroMara said:

Carlos Santana ......Samba Pa Ti & Aqua Marine fantastically beautiful.

I use the Aqua Marine track on some of my cruise travel videos that I make for my wife 

She likes to watch them until the next cruise 🚢 

• Like 2

One cannoli is done and on the way to find "Blonde on Blonde" I spied w/my eye this gem.  "Alive She Cried" is their 2nd live album released in 1983.  Yeaaaa, the push was on for some more Doors after the movie Apocalypse Now.  They answered with various concert out-takes from 68-70.  Soooo much music EVERYone can relate to.  Can you say legendary?  I sure can!

IMG-20200213-180422235.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

BREAK TIME!  Now do I eat 1 or 2?  

-s7yJ6VBrO_Uj3ipnTvfdqnH8Oyv8WkRlMta8BaxOXNnFvYqRDmqnPSyW2nKdcRK6FVFsLLDqaiP2YX-jK54nIF3eooTsPu4rpTyJ7NjxNpRZkAlv5_4tNxv68O5KfyA1CHl-2pH8EAr5QhJfhouKXfJ4gcOlXfzqTZ9fV2gqyyCWcpo_v88nRBIxaZlje6mpOXjAFiMTdIW-oSuNQ28wKrNgFFNX_E_cevUN48EaRwhe4hxwhUX2KPtA_olFoVkvpjpUoLTuhEwOvH4ZHZY5aQgGZvamhIjdELSfSMbzZzjYJCeNzpWg-fmGeBY6ziTJgcZjdfZ-7TGtjXk_YxcXU99oYRy2lHebhcY6ywGbCAPox5vRxx0mu7dOjA3uTtf9mFY3ZMLqCKnDCKBH6B5fwKuO_iG2Ly0pfzTEVn3IZhyNnC-eTffwRd_5jgMJ_T1hKtgQOg2mQ7d0QDNBlhP2_AygcCKLrWf-BuRotfmFGXPYYlfnFJv4qkgoxegp600rOaIb6d05kIb9c-h1JCf9vnuBpnlwV4oP_ZaP5thcypjxF8cpEUcVyK_cJfT4k4snqJHRoasGiwkGPZmFWxdDiFJMbo5QLNP4uNihMlqhiLAWGp6xdnooWSrtcKsTR6aH1urv_ew4vHDhy4mv8um17vg94c1R7fgk8X8HNzhC8jUrthmKGPYzw=w1086-h611-no

Whaaaa?

gettin' code here if it's canollis and you've got coffee.... TWO!

If that Rush is one of their DMMs those are impressive with the separation and sound-stage. 

• Thanks 1

All you vinyl spinners are really sending me down Memory Lane : The Doors, Fleetwood Mac, America, Temptations, etc., were big favorites of mine back in the day.  Another fav artist of mine will probably be considered too tame for many of you, but this brother-sister duo put together some outstanding albums and live presentations until the lady's very untimely death in the early 1980's.  When just married my wife and I caught their show up at Lake Tahoe, and not only did Karen Carpenter sing but she also did a number on the drums!  Her voice still makes vocal magic, and A&M studios produced excellent recordings of their music that sound outstanding through just about any decent audio system.  I have seven of their albums, and each one of them makes for good listening and happy moments.

~

Carpenters.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@scalawag spinnin is what we do and teasing is also incorporated into that lil web we weave.  Yuuuup, the Carpenters did their own thing in their own kinda way.  Soft, smooth and delicious...  Have quite a bit of their things myself.  Stop in any time.  It's ALWAYS nice to share and comment.  Afterall, it's the love of music that's drawn us all here isn't it?  We just KNOW what it's supposed to sound like unlike the rest of the world.  Sooo, come on back now ya hear?   :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, scalawag said:

Another fav artist of mine will probably be considered too tame for many of you,

No problem from me.  My record library has Carpenters in it too.  Besides, Karen Carpenter could play the drums too!

I also have some of The Monkees, and The Partiridge Family -- most people think of the tv shows and would be shocked at who some of the session musicians were on those recordings. The likes of Glen Campbell, Carol Kaye, Larry Taylor (of Canned Heat), James Burton, Neil Diamond, Hal Blaine and so many others. The BEST session musicians in the business worked on their songs. 

• Like 2

I am presenting something special today 

Although it’s an unusual instrument it can also be said it’s hauntingly beautiful 

And this record will blow your socks off - and I must say that my speakers also loved this record 

Title - Gheorghe Zamfir ‎

Title - The Lonely Shepherd

3-B364-FBE-323-E-46-AD-8-D4-F-D14-A7-F96

The introduction to this video is just as good as the performance 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m getting really nostalgic today 

This is an Australian 10” mono pressing of some wonderfully haunting music 

Simply incredible and again my ears and speakers just lapped it up 

Artist - Ludwig van Beethoven, Wilhelm Kempff ‎
Title- Moonlight Sonata / Pathetique

Info of this record 
https://www.discogs.com/Ludwig-van-Beethoven-Wilhelm-Kempff-Moonlight-Sonata-Pathetique/release/12641671

3-EA60604-9886-4-A76-883-D-BB1-A0-F9-DF1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Moonlight Sonata played by someone trained to impart the emotion into the keys is one of the most remarkable pieces of music written.

We got some sunshine for an hour or so early today then the gray is back rain forecast all week except today.

You could guess what I'm relaxing to this afternoon, if you can't it's rock in one of it's forms!

Think this form is mushroom tea with a little GA peach:

IMG-20200216-163009.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2