Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

More cool and unique turntable images. Ones with the separate motor always have a neat design. @MicroMara your whole stereo is a one of a kind rig!  clapping.gif

@billybob it will be good to have you spinning more in here again.

My TT is made by the legendary japanese Factory " Micro Seiki "  and is about 38 years old. I own it since 1982.  Every two years I do services on it, like change of the oils for the disc drive ,oil for the tonearm lift, or tonearm adjustments. Depends on the cardridges that I use. Using Moving Iron only, like Grado´s , Soundsmith, Nagaoka´s or Osawa .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

cheers to everybody here, I have some days vacations and it´s 10.45 pm in germany, listening to 10 CC first Album from 1975 . Their first hit single " I am not in love " is recorded on the album " the original soundtrack " as well. On the Phonogram Germany Label. Amazing acustical quality at these times.

10CCkleiner1.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

My TT is made by the legendary japanese Factory " Micro Seiki "  and is about 38 years old. I own it since 1982.  Every two years I do services on it, like change of the oils for the disc drive ,oil for the tonearm lift, or tonearm adjustments. Depends on the cardridges that I use. Using Moving Iron only, like Grado´s , Soundsmith, Nagaoka´s or Osawa .

My Garrard TT is from 1965 serial # 12058 - and I am the second owner from early 1970 

Service and rebuild new plinths or modifications myself 

I also prefer MM or MI carts because they reproduce the sound I prefer from my preferred music genre- that being progressive rock 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

ALL your fault @JohnJ!  Great album too!

Really now. :lol:

I'd never even heard of them until this thread.... and I thought it was your fault!

Then they did two or three nights up in Asheville this past fall. In my foot-stompin, bedpole breaking years I would have been up there in two hours flat and found someone I could have got some sold-out tickets from.

Claypool & Lennon both have to be a little eccentric from the sound of their music. Geeze if I'm not mired in a power chord heavy metal mood it's just gravy on top of my day!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Full Range said:

My Garrard TT is from 1965 serial # 12058 - and I am the second owner from early 1970 

Service and rebuild new plinths or modifications myself 

I also prefer MM or MI carts because they reproduce the sound I prefer from my preferred music genre- that being progressive rock 

I also find the combination of moving iron with a phono tube preamplifier particularly attractive. The musical emotions are more sensitive than with a transistor phono . I can also play MC via the transistor Phono, of course there are really great MC Cardridges, but I think the prices for them in Germany are sometimes outrageously high.

• Like 4

I’m staying with electronic music for now 

I’m sure that this album has influenced many that followed in the path of electronic music 

First album released spinning now 

Artist - Larry Fast as Synergy 

Title - Electronic Realizations For Rock Orchestra

D692-FCCB-7-C22-4113-9953-AE8-ADE4-EEAD0

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Do you still know this soul funk band? With Lionel Richie as front man, Motown at its finest. With the wonderful songs "Easy", "Three times a Lady", "Still" "Brick House".

Then I noticed a long-forgotten disc. MADHOUSE I don't know how I could forget this lady......:rolleyes:

Is a production of the label Paisley Park, the label of the unforgettable superstar "PRINCE". A tragedy .......

And I was in a good mood and George Benson played on interpretations of Chuck Berry and Fats Domino with the album "Walking to New Orleans". It is a new release from 2019. Wonderful ...

Commodoreskleiner.jpg

Madhousekleiner.jpg

George Walkingkleiner.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

And Peter Gabriel...

Also known for his work with Peter Gabriel. He played synthesizer on records and on tour, and rounded out the production team on Gabriel's albums from 1976 to 1986. He recorded parts for So, but these were not used.

https://m.facebook.com/TheJacketDocumentary/posts

http://synergy-emusic.com/petergabrielpix/pg4/pg4pix.htm

bandsmallplane.jpg

Flying to upstate New York; Utica

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dirtmudd said:

Also known for his work with Peter Gabriel. He played synthesizer on records and on tour, and rounded out the production team on Gabriel's albums from 1976 to 1986. He recorded parts for So, but these were not used.

That debut album I posted was released in 1975 

That makes it a year before joining Peter Gabriel 

So he would have have released some of his other Solo LPs while with Peter Gabriel 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I closed my eyes and chose at random this album 

After listening to it I would surmise that it’s a mix of styles and genres and weird combinations 

Jazz/ Disco - Jazz / Space add a little Funk and Soul with a sprinkling of fusion 

Yep that just about some sit up 😎

But I enjoyed it - so i’m recommending you have a quick listen on YouTube 

Have a listen to the opening rhythm on the track “You Can’t Have It All “ and see if you can pick what track it sounds sounds like from another artist 

Artist - Tropea

Title - Short Trip To Space

A 1977 US pressing on Marlin records 
ID Marlin 2204

E26-DAA22-25-D2-4103-8898-AA4-DDE7135-BA

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I had to dig deep to find it because I knew I had it 

Another Pan Flute LP  - Music from the film - Picnic At Hanging Rock 

It’s so beautiful- Enjoy 😉 

This Swiss import album cost me 99 cents and the record is in NM condition 

Artist - Gheorghe Zamfir and Marcel Cellier ‎

Title -  Improvisations For Pan-Flute And Organ

https://www.discogs.com/Gheorghe-Zamfir-and-Marcel-Cellier-Improvisations-For-Pan-Flute-And-Organ/release/4205042

69-B82220-0-F76-4-B04-939-F-CC8-E673-ACB

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1