Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

13 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Heading out the door w/a bit of this dude

late night my brother?   I remember the nights when I didn't leave the house till 10 or 11.  I remember going to a show once, where I was friends with some in the band; but was particularly close to the lead guitar player (for obvious reasons).  I told him during the sound check that the guitar needed to be louder. He cranked it up and the rest of the band were complaining that he was too loud.  he didn't care and neither did I -- he was an exceptional guitar player.  Confession ... I never made it to the actual show ... too much partying and my brother had to bring me home.  They stood me at the edge of the steps (only one step to be honest) and let me fall to the ground. Had consumed a ridiculous amount of beer before the show. I never could pace myself. 

• Haha 2

Close the door, put out the light. You know they won't be home tonight. The snow falls hard and don't you know? The winds of Thor are blowing cold. They're wearing steel that's bright and true They carry news that must get through. They choose the path where no-one goes. They hold no quarter. Walking side by side with death, The devil mocks their every step The snow drives back the foot that's slow, The dogs of doom are howling more They carry news that must get through, To build a dream for me and you They choose the path where no-one goes. They hold no quarter. They ask no quarter. The pain, the pain without quarter. They ask no quarter. The dogs of doom are howling more!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Unzipped a couple more re-masters tonight to lift my depressed a$$.  Maybe it's cabin fever!  hahaha  

Picked up The Tedeschi Trucks "Everybody's Talkin" album and since I'm a fan that went down first.  Released as their second album in 2012 and their first live album I was amazed once again.  A 3-disc album in which, everything is crystal clear and just freakin amazing.  Darn good in every way and if I had 3 thumbs they'd all be up!

Writing for Allmusic, critic Thom Jurek wrote "It's an unusual live record because its balance of sonic precision and stage-born kinetics is perfect—this band transitions seamlessly between R&B, blues, rock, gospel, and jazz. These performances never succumb to mere jam band clichés...  Don't know the dude but he's spot on imo!

IMG-20200321-212020341.jpg

• Like 6

On 3/21/2020 at 4:57 AM, Full Range said:

I just got this album today - It was out of stock when I went to purchase it last week 

A favourite artist that can’t be pigeonholed as he was always evolving

Artist - David Bowie ‎

Title - The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars

Album ID https://www.discogs.com/David-Bowie-The-Rise-And-Fall-Of-Ziggy-Stardust-And-The-Spiders-From-Mars/release/8162188

@MicroMara made another video for you 

Yeah, you're definitely right. Bowie was one of the most intelligent musicians. An incredible musical and personal range. Never could have been predicted. I think I somehow own between 25 and 30 David Bowie albums. I have Ziggy Stardust and the spiders from Mars as a live album. Got to check them all out, very good idea from you. And thanx for the musical and sound impression on your video, even with my Grado SR 325e Headphone it sound very impressive ...0057.gifI enjoyed it very much

@Full Range

• Like 4

17 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Weather%2BReport%2B-%2BHeavy%2BWeather%2B-%2BFront.jpgThey borrowed Full Range fedora for the cover...

An awesome album, an album that fits into any good record collection belongs to.

Just like Raul de Souza with "sweet Lucy"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Second up was a lil "Carney" from Leon Russell his 3rd from 1972.  Great sounding album once again.  Nice hearing "The Masquerade & Tight Rope" again.

IMG-20200321-203712570.jpg

One of most fav...enjoy

Majic Mirror...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1