Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

2 hours ago, Mossy bottom said:

As a matter of fact they did! It was a summer outdoor concert.  Great fun from what I can remember...

Sticking with the Blues.

Fleetwood Mac - In Chicago. Recorded in the Chess Ter-Mar Studios. Chicago, January 1969

Featuring: Otis Spann, Willie Dixon, Shackey Horton, J.T. Horton

Honeyboy Edward's, and S.P. Leary.

15852510656366166847044330512668.jpg

You probably also know Fleedwood Mac " Mirage " from 1982, besides Rumours the best album. The album " Tusk " never opened up to me musically. Just thought the theme song was

really good.

Fleedwoodmiragekleiner.jpg

• Like 5

Yes I know ...Paul Simon & Art Garfunkel ...you all know, but the solo album of Paul Simon " The Rythm of the Saints " from 1990, WB Records Label, is certainly the most experimental one Paul has ever produced. It is truly extraordinary when Paul's delicate angel voice is combined with African rhythms. Musically, lyrics, compositions and acoustically a real highlight. 

13.gif

paulsimonkleiner.jpg

• Like 7

Actually a nice day today so kinda hung out in the garage and did a lil yard work.  Not much but some.  Nice to see the neighbors out walking in the hood...  Told them it's all about social distancing and that I was practicing it quite nicely before I flipped them off and told them that my way was 100% safe!  Got quite few laffs.   Had the garage system was cranked a bit so it worked for me.  Then moved inside!  Ha!  Cookin  with gas right now!  :)

Yes-Yes-1969-1st-US-print.jpg

Their first US release from 1969 and not too shabby!

CCR-Green-River.jpg

A lil CCR ALWAYS works!

Traffic-Low-spark-of-high-heeled-boys197

Low spark?  Just nummy!

IMG-20200326-171627942.jpg

Yaaaaaaaaaasssssss!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Flat out quiet in this neighborhood!

Too much so, if I could crank it.....

Well this sounds good at medium levels back here.

First song they played. Every Time.

IMG-20200327-175842.jpg

Here's that Indian I was talking about in another thread last week or so!

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Flat out quiet in this neighborhood!

Too much so, if I could crank it.....

Well this sounds good at medium levels back here.

First song they played. Every Time.

IMG-20200327-175842.jpg

Here's that Indian I was talking about in another thread last week or so!

The video shows the state of global pollution a good 10 years ago, now it is 2020 and unfortunately it is not getting any better. 0019.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

True, but the song was in an earthquake movie 40 years ago when it came out. Always liked the Indian chief seemingly grevious over the pollution. Too bad that many did not take it to heart like I did. There is a lot of fault to go around over that, first hand and otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Possibly! They could burn up the stage when I saw them after Synchronicity!

Of course it is a matter of taste, I have the whole Police music collection, on other LP's there are also great music pieces on it, but the album "Regatta De Blanc" makes me feel more comfortable at most. I have also seen the group live once, they rock the stage and the masses freak out.

• Like 4

@MicroMara You were not here a year or so ago when I finally landed a copy of that Regatta. Liked a couple off of that big one out then but that show with the Fixx (Reach The Beach) made me a fan of their funked up rockin reggae!

Had already started building up their important to me ones and just could not find it at all for a decent price. Then this came out and someone at amazon must have bought a lot then was down to a couple left and dropped the price👌

Outlandos and Zenyatta are nice too, but yes RdB is more relaxed to me also.

IMG-20200327-210201.jpg

IMG-20200327-210410.jpg

Take this:

And then what Sting does to it Later!

Blue Turtles is my fave by him, got it too!

Did he hold back until he went solo?

Or was it just happenstance that he tuned it into the latter?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good evening everyone, and hello to Paul !   It has been a L O N G time since I have posted here, mainly because I have been going through a CD library over the past months.  HOWEVER, tonight I wanted to spin some vinyl once again and so, here are some posts from tonight's listening session.     A Steely Dan newly released on 180 gram vinyl....

DSCN2021.jpg

• Like 4