Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

9 hours ago, Full Range said:

I have heard the Martins and they are beautiful 

And I won’t hold it against you as they say a change is as good as a holiday 

Music is made to be enjoyed and the equipment that makes that happen has to engage you 

Thank you so much for those kind words Paul.:)  I STILL have the Klipsch Reference Premier center and di-polar surrounds for the theater and SADC multi-channel recordings.   The Reference Premier 280F's are still here too, but in storage in the guest bedroom for now.   I'll try and stop by again this evening for our 'Saturday evening' session.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, JohnJ said:

@MicroMara You were not here a year or so ago when I finally landed a copy of that Regatta. Liked a couple of of that big one out then but that show with the Fixx (Reach The Beach) made me a fan of their funked up rockin reggae!

Had already started building up their important to me ones and just could not find it at all for a decent price. Then this came out and someone at amazon must have bought a lot then was down to a couple left and dropped the price👌

Outlandos and Zenyatta are nice too, but yes RdB is more relaxed to me also.

IMG-20200327-210201.jpg

IMG-20200327-210410.jpg

Take this:

And then what Sting does to it Later!

Blue Turtles is my fave by him, got it too!

Did he hold back until he went solo?

Or was it just happenstance that he tuned it into the latter?

Bro ...you´re driving me crazy .....39.gif           Loving your Police Collection .....and .....  The Fixx, I loved this band...

Do you know the book by Roberto Gligorov? This has illustrated the songs of the first two solo albums by Sting. This book is an absolute rarity and very valuable today. A real treasure. I once took the trouble and photographed a few pictures of the song "Lazarus Heart" to give you an impression of this high-quality art. If you listen to these tracks and look at the illustrations, both artists, Sting musically and Gligorov visually, manage to fascinate a person so that you lose out of real time and real space and live for these moments in other worlds. Wonderful art.

fixxkleiner.jpg

deckblatt Stingkleiner.jpg

Stingseite1kleiner.jpg

Stingseite2kleiner.jpg

Stingseite3kleiner.jpg

Stingseite4kleiner.jpg

Stingseite5kleiner.jpg

Stingseite6kleiner.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Tigerman said:

Well, I must confess Paul and friends.   I decided to go into a COMPLETELY different direction and have totally moved on to a brand new high end audio system.  After a lovely 12 years with my beloved Klipschorns and Dynaco tube gear, I have purchased a grand pair of Martin Logan ESL Classics in special order GLOSS black.   The amp is a Parasound HALO 21 and the preamp is a matching Halo with Sabre DACs.  It will decode the highest DSD and PCM resolution available.   With the dynamic range of these unusual speakers couple to a 400 per ch. at 4 ohm amp, they produce a wall of sound that I never thought would rival the Klipschorns !  

Thanks to one of the LAST brick and mortar audio stores in my area, I actually was able to listen to this system in a private showroom and fell in love.   Here is the very first picture I have posted publicly on a Klipsch forum.   Enjoy! DSCN2032.jpg

Nice Gear Tigerman , congrats to the Akai Tapemaschine, the Martin Logan Electrostatics, Rega TT  and the other , can´t identify right now, equipment. Think it sound brilliant..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Mossy bottom said:

It's 45 rpm Friday Night...Playing  45 rpm lp's!!!

Started the night out with this Phenomenal reissue.

Dire Straits - Communique.

15853613376363910056696535221249.jpg

Yout TT ....Brilliant 19.gif....Looks similar to the german´s famous Factory TRANSROTOR.......... Dire Straits .....got the whole collection ....1.gif

• Like 5

I don't know if any of you know Jean Luc Ponty... He plays an electric violin.  15.gif             

I heard his live album from 1979. The track " Mirage " might be familiar to some of you...

Miargekleiner.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@billybob     I have been wondering for a long time how you manage to be in this fantastic forum always and everywhere ? What is your secret ? Your multitasking ability is admirable, how many computers do you use at the same time ?

0069.gif    0071.gif    0070.gif   0071.gif

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, billybob said:

Why thank you. There are many here like that. Anyone that's been here knows I am not all that.

You are fast yourself. I tend to go in spurts.

There is a old short story you brought to mind. The man of the crowd.

Cheers!

Yes, but the man in the crowd is a very special appearance and has a special charisma. But it is certainly not because of your Avatar of Edvard Much " The Scream ". If you own the original painting I have no more questions anyway  005.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, billybob said:

Think it is Munch but no, just a fancier of art. My taste there sometime border upon the

bizzare. Thanks for your posts!

Very much, I just found out myself that the Edvard Munch was missing the "N". It was not intentional. Can happen in the fast of communication.

010.gif for now ....1.28 a.m. sunday morning ....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, MicroMara said:

Very much, I just found out myself that the Edvard Munch was missing the "N". It was not intentional. Can happen in the fast of communication.

010.gif for now ....1.28 a.m. sunday morning ....

Good night  and see you soon.

• Haha 2

Good evening Paul and vinyl lovers!  Over in RTM spinning my first selection for the evening.  Got my freshly opened bottle of Stone Cellar and good to go 🍷 and am in  a bluesy mood with this 35 year old album!DSCN2050.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2