Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

2 hours ago, MicroMara said:

Nice Gear Tigerman , congrats to the Akai Tapemaschine, the Martin Logan Electrostatics, Rega TT  and the other , can´t identify right now, equipment. Think it sound brilliant..

Thanks so much for that lovely compliment!  :)

• Like 1

Ok........without a doubt, these are the finest speakers I have ever owned in my lifetime!  Hard to believe something thinner then a human hair with 3 kilovolts applied to it can make such a smooth, full sound down to 380 Hz. !    

Those that are on RTM, please keep this new system just to us here, Mossy knows I am trying to keep this gear a surprise for when Pezz comes to visit for a Music Appreciation Day (M.A.D.) soon.    Just took this photo for you all.  DSCN2055.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Ok........without a doubt, these are the finest speakers I have ever owned in my lifetime!  Hard to believe something thinner then a human hair with 3 kilovolts applied to it can make such a smooth, full sound down to 380 Hz. !    

Those that are on RTM, please keep this new system just to us here, Mossy knows I am trying to keep this gear a surprise for when Pezz comes to visit for a Music Appreciation Day (M.A.D.) soon.    Just took this photo for you all.  DSCN2055.jpg

Gary, that is just so incredible.  It doesn't seem possible...But, I have no doubt that are every bit as good as you described.  They sure do look good in LFMH!

Well done, I'm so happy for you.  I would love to audition a pair.  I'll bet Seattle has a dealer.  Need to look into that once the plague years are over.  Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Many thanks Mossy and JohnJ.   Yes, from what I have read, this latest line 'Master Piece' series is their best product to date.  They are very warm sounding much like my Klipschorns were.  NOTHING like the Reference Premier 280F's which were a much more 'forward' speaker for sure.   

John J.  That is 380 Hertz.  The twin 8" aluminum drivers come in at 380 Hz.  The whole idea was to get the xover frequency well away from the most sensitive area of our hearing.  The exclusive curved ESL creates a nice wide sweet spot which separates it from all other panel speakers (Maggies etc.).  The bass cabinet is 24" deep and the low end on these things is the big surprise, yes, they shake the sofa just like the Klipshorns did!, so there is no disappointment in their low end response, it can be jaw dropping on certain recordings!

Mossy, I hope you can hear them near you.   Hard to believe this model is the 'baby' of the ESL range!

Ok, enough of me and the gear..............back to the music :D   :emotion-29: 

• Like 3

I was hoping that my math was still good after forty five years with nary a use.

Thought .380 with a k would be a good way to say "Shake it All Over!"

My sub can only go down to 18Khz

* Well look what happens when you're exhausted and you go places you shouldn't. I'll leave the erroneous stuff up `cause it's not like you didn't see it.

Six hours of sleep sure feels beneficial to have had right now!

Edited by JohnJ
  • Haha 4

Thanks Dave.... Yes, they are a 4 ohm load, and the amp is 400 per at that load.  They will play as loud as you can stand it, and that is the truth!  DB meter in A weighting has showed a direct comparison in dynamic range with my test recording along side the Klipschorns, I would NEVER have believed it until I saw it for myself here in Music Hall.

Else,  I am continuing to enjoy for sure, now with one of Mossy's favorite gal singers!  :emotion-25:  Julie London on 180 gram vinyl does the trick 🍷DSCN2057.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok my friends, now listening to a digital recording over in RTM.   I bid you all a good evening and hope to be back here again tomorrow evening (Sunday in the states).   Stay safe everyone, observe your social distances please 😷..

Good night.....  🌙

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Come as You Are, Mr. Down Under. 

Up next is the next recent Nirvana LP purchase 

The softer side of the original tracks 

Artist - Nirvana 

Title - Unplugged 25th Anniversary release 

https://www.discogs.com/Nirvana-MTV-Unplugged-In-New-York/release/14341626

R-1836201-1448835006-8516.jpeg.jpg

• Like 6

I loved my repeat listens of the 2 Nirvana albums and now it’s time to wind down for the night with some brilliant Jazz 

This is also a new album purchase adding to my jazz collection 

I can only say that this album is simply superb — also be mindful that the band members were very young when this album was recorded one 19yo another 22yo 

Artist - John Coltrane 

Title - Blue Train 

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1