Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

Been digging some 80s music that does sound dated but remains cool. Along with trying to pull some of the recordings utilizing the bass more than others.

IMG-20200329-192955.jpg

Not the same as the version playing here but it's a good one.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Been digging some 80s music that does sound dated but remains cool. Along with trying to pull some of the recordings utilizing the bass more than others.

IMG-20200329-192955.jpg

Very cool ..reminds me very much of the experimental music of the German group CAN

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

IMG-20200329-192955.jpg

11 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Very cool ..reminds me very much of the experimental music of the German group CAN

Seen the mighty crim... In 95

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/king-crimson/1995/paramount-theatre-springfield-ma-4bdbc78e.html

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Good evening to those in the states,  and wee hours greetings to Micro and I know it is almost lunch time now for Paul.  🍕

I am sorry I can't post photos tonight, my favorite server for that activity is under maintenance right now.   But, I am listening to a Columbia recording from a good friend of mine (studio owner and chief engineer of Rotary Records not far from me) and his LATE father's collection of organ / symphonic recordings given to me as a gift, a HUGE collection of fine LP's and CDs all in like new condition, some LPs dating back to the very early 60ies!

A very rare one plays now, with Leonard Bernstein conducting the New York Philharmonic with Aaron Copland's 'Organ Symphony'.  The organist is E.Power Biggs whom is well known over the many decades for his playing of Bach organ works.  So, this is quite a bit different for him.   Really a great performance, the LP is pretty free of any scratches, and pops, however, it has a very loud surface noise that sounds like there is a constant sound of the sea surf in the background!   But, still very listenable.

Thanks for reading and enjoy your music my friends.   See you all next weekend for more vinyl playing from Longfellow Music Hall,  cheers!  🍷 

• Like 3

We also have some incredible artists in France. Valerie Lagrange is one of the little known artists of the crowds, a few thousand views on Youtube, a dozen Like. And yet, and yet extraordinary songs, dreamlike music, She played with very great musicians: Serge Gainsbourg, Francis Lai, Les musicians d'Elton John, Steve Hilage, Ruts DC, Ian Jelfs, ...

She started in cinema in a great movie by Claude-Autant Lara "La jument verte" year 1959, then Barbet Schroeder, Jean-Luc Godard, Claude Lelouch, ...

Valérie Lagrange is highly regarded by many people for her great artistic qualities and her engaging lyrics of beautiful songs

This life https://www.chantefrance.com/artist/1324-valerie-lagrange/biographie

https://www.lepoint.fr/culture/valerie-lagrange-a-contre-courant-21-04-2012-1453680_3.php

My record is from 1981 with the group Ruts DC

1u9u.jpg

With Steve Hillage (Gong), group The Sinceros / Steve Hillage on studio version, it seems to me that it's Ian Jelfs (her future husband) on the tv set

With Elton John's musicians

My LP "Chez Moi" With the great UK group Ruts DC

• Like 2