Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

@JohnJ  @billybob  @Full Range @dirtmudd

I'm sitting outside in my garden it's 9.45 p.m. with my Smartphone and my Grado Headphone on my ears ..so much fun with your Country Rock Session,  so traditional american Music ...

never heard any titel before  except  sweet home Alabama ..great 📱🎧🔊🎶🎵🎙🎸

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 4/6/2020 at 2:22 AM, JohnJ said:

@MicroMara Did you notice something about that live Saga when you picked it up years ago? Mine had a sticker on the outside that is repeated elsewhere, and I wondered if it played into the clean sound of the LP. That was the first digitally recorded vinyl I ever had. Posted it about a hundred pages back here!

Sad face on that Halen `cause after their second they drastically changed, went top40, sold out or however you want to categorize it! 

Y'all take care too & thanks for the thought of us over here and there!

My digital Saga Record was in perfect condition. There was nothing that I concerned, there wasn't any sticker. And Van Halen..yes I agree,  the first two records were the best. 

• Like 4

@MicroMara

Got mine new and disregarded the "Digitally Recorded" or whatever it was sticker on it. After listening to a couple tunes I started reading the cover and realized that Saga had made a very clean sounding live record!

So no problems with mine either. 

Hope you heard the last song on that Down on the Farm LP... "Feel the Groove" is right up your alley... Rich, low vocals and about as funky as they ever got!

The above song is from a few of the survivors of the Skynyrd plane crash.... they had left SC to fly down south and they did not observe a stringent flight readiness protocol. :(

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I am testing out the firmware upgrade and it’s new features for the Puffin preamp 
New features are

Magic - A pop and click remover that only activates when a pop and click is detected 
And it really works great 👍🏻 

Grade - This feature grades your album - This album is rated A ( American grading system ) 

Today’s LP is by an ex YES member 

A beautiful space Prog album that is perfect to start any day 

Artist - Jon Anderson 

Title - Olias Of Sunhillow 

My album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Jon-Anderson-Olias-Of-Sunhillow/release/1267887

572675-C5-841-D-478-B-B96-E-F917-B679398

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

That Puffin just keeps sounding better and better!  Thanks for that Paul.

The more I listen to this the deeper it draws me.  Been a long time since that has happened.  Put together so darn well in EVERY way!  Always great to see any artist reach another level in a package of their work.

Nils_Lofgren_-_Live.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

That Puffin just keeps sounding better and better!  Thanks for that Paul.

The more I listen to this the deeper it draws me.  Been a long time since that has happened.  Put together so darn well in EVERY way!  Always great to see any artist reach another level in a package of their work.

Testing the main new firmware features of the Puffin phono amp on Jon Anderson’s LP 

And on the next album that will be posted soon 

Lets start with 
Grade - it is a vinyl grading system while playing the record 

So the software takes in all variables and displays the result in real time 

This album was rated at A but on occasion it fluctuated from B+ to A 

On Discogs I rated it as VG+ — so I was pretty good on a visual and playback check 

** Although you may get a lower rating on albums - it may just mean that the record needs a good deep clean 

Magic - this is a pop and crackle minimiser that only activates when a pop is detected and reverts back to normal 
This means that turning on the feature does not mute the record in it’s entirety 

On this record I have very few pops and then only in between tracks 

In my listening - the magic feature reduces the loudness of pops so it’s not distracting to the ear 

So in that context - I found that it works as described by Parks Audio 

34-DA22-A3-98-D6-41-C9-A1-A0-2-A1-F296-F

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if I have presented this album before 

Still testing the Puffins new Beta firmware 

On first impressions by looking at the cover, one would think it is a classical record 

This record has been given in parts an interlaced Prog treatment and it’s one I would highly recommend to all following this thread to have a listen 

Love the horn speakers on the cover 😎

Artist - Andrew Lloyd Webber 
Title - Variations

My album ID - https://www.discogs.com/Andrew-Lloyd-Webber-Variations/release/1971920

4-ED37-CB9-B3-A1-4-C10-B44-B-E42-D330-DD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@dirtmudd  You are my youtube DJ from a musical era when I was a little boy. I had a great time in warm 68 Fahrenheit and sunshine, thank you very much. smilie_musik_046.gif

@JohnJ Littel Feet .....Nice tune ...and what a noble duck on the cover, I hope she did not end up as a "Peking duck" smilie_essen_069.gif  

or got eaten by a tiger that can be seen in the background smilie_sonst_131.gif

..sad because wasn´t able to see and hear the video  from above .......

@Dave1290  Yes ....Nils Lofgreen ,  acoustic life ...got this record as SACD ......smilie_happy_015.gif

@Full Range   your " puffin " from Parks Audio ..I did not know that you use a separate AD / DA converter to listen to your records. I have already looked, costs in the USA about $ 500. nice useful phono tool ? Which advantage does it offer you, besides filtering out pops and clicks, in acoustic terms. The fact that it works in real time requires a unimaginable computing power of the converter chips. Are these Sabre converters in use?  

smilie_pc_119.gif

• Like 3